3 ranges for Elite Specs

I know it's a bit late, but I wish they had made each different Elite spec focus on Melee-, Mid-, or Long-range attacks.

The Thief has melee in the Daredevil and long-range with the Deadeye, now they should open up an Elite that covers the Mid-range (~600-900ish). 

Edited by Game of Bones.8975
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

19 minutes ago, JUN YANG.4328 said:

do we already have pistol and short bow that covered the range?

These are not e-spec weapons and lack the amount of polish that usually comes with that (which shows as some of the core weapon sets are highly dysfunctional on a fundamental level and are not up to par with current standards).

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, Tails.9372 said:

These are not e-spec weapons and lack the amount of polish that usually comes with that (which shows as some of the core weapon sets are highly dysfunctional on a fundamental level and are not up to par with current standards).

I tend to use core weapons on my elite specs.  They're not dysfunctional.  Elite spec weapons definitely do not stick out as any more polished or unpolished than those of the core game.  

aaaaand we get to thief weapons.  Shortbow is great, but some of the others don't know what they want to be.  Dual pistol revolves around power damage but pistol main is condition damage...  Dagger is a condi weapon with a power based stealth attack.  Daggermain hand is condition damage while dagger main and pistol offhand is power.  But the dagger is still condition based...

The list goes on, but thief weapons aren't so great because of the need to mix and match.  

However, I think all professions have all 3 ranges covered, except revenant.    I prefer that elite specializations are based around a central idea/mechanic, not simply which range it's weapon is.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Rogue.8235 said:

I tend to use core weapons on my elite specs.  They're not dysfunctional. 

I wasn't talking about base weapons in general but in context to what I replied to in which case "some of them" are. Just look at the P/P weapon set and compare it with rifle. Unload is basically used as a power based auto attack (and is even roughly on par with other ranged AAs from other professions damage wise) which already impacts your build choices to a rather unhealthy degree while also putting a burden on every other weapon skill because it sill costs initiatiive bringing you into a situation where you're punished for playing into certain game mechanics (such as BBs) as intended. The set has 2 CC skills which are both good but ultimately redundant, the rest adds nothing of noteworthy value to the set while also being partly redundant. Now to rifle: 1 is the AA but also a burst skill, 2 is a AoE CC, 3 is a bit questionable but I guess it's supposed to be for sustained DPS, 4 is a disengagement skill but also a block and 5 is a range buff. Unlike with P/P there are no real redundancies (at least not from a conceptual PoV) here and most importantly the skills don't work against each other and are centered around one playstyle.

Edited by Tails.9372

4 hours ago, Tails.9372 said:

Thief Shortbow is amazing, though. It's a really flexible utility weapon that doesn't leave you completely unable to do damage.

4 hours ago, JUN YANG.4328 said:

do we already have pistol and short bow that covered the range? cant imagine what new weapon thief can have other than off hand sword

Focus and torch could be workable. Mace for blackjack CC funs

Frankly the teased spec that everyone thinks is necromancer, I at first thought was a thief with a mace and off-hand pistol. The hat and armor are both medium-looking.

Edited by wolfyrik.2017

Don't just focus on thief for each weapon ranges. I just use that as an example.

Believe it or not, there are other professions out there.

Guardian has Firebrand/Axe (melee) and Dragonhunter/Longbow (long range).

I understand that there are core weapons that cover any missing ranges, that's not the point. I was thinking each profession elite could focus on one range dynamic. If a person would rather play a "XXX" core profession, but needed to play a differing specialized range they could swap Elites (not just swap weapons).