Get rid of the phantasms on virtuoso too!

Artyport.2084

On 8/15/2021 at 4:42 PM, Quadox.7834 said:

Yeah I wish phantasms would be gone and the player character would perform the skill instead, for example gs4 would be a whirl like warrior gs3, focus 5 would be a spin like ranger axe 5, pistol 4 would be like thief unload, etc. I feel like they were lazy with virtuoso (except for the animation team) compared to something like weaver

Some thoughts in this thread I don't agree with. But I'm all for this. It just makes sense. Plus it would open up very interesting trait interactions. 

13 minutes ago, Xaylin.1860 said:

Some thoughts in this thread I don't agree with. But I'm all for this. It just makes sense. Plus it would open up very interesting trait interactions. 

yep just imagine how many possibilities and how much theorycrafting it would enable. just take greatsword 4; if the mesmer performs the spin then that gives greatsword mobility, which as we know virtuoso severely lacks, and could thus enable a new roamer build.

• Haha 2

GS and Staff are actually a two sided... blade... haha. 🤐 Because you lose access to the second Phantasm (damage). But we could finally Crit from Sharper Images. The Phantasm-Boon traits would be twice as powerful. And so.

The only thing that wouldn't work at all would be Persistent Memory, right? 🤔

• Haha 1