trying to buy gems with creditcard and getting error

It appears they're aware of the problem, even if it hasn't, so far, been fixed.

I find this rather frustrating considering there is an item on sale with a discount that is going to be decreasing each week, so if the issue last longer than a week or more, you're essentially screwed out of a good deal through no fault of your own...

Just now, Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

You can discuss the issue with the CS Team, if you so desire.

You can use PayPal.

If it is not the EU security issue, you can obtain a pre-paid card to use.

In my case it indeed seems to be a EU security problem 🙂 I've seen other users report paypal errors as well, so I'm not eager to create a paypal, load it up with cash only to have it fail on purchase. I'll bide my time and hope the CS solves the matter before next discount decreases

I've had a problem with logging into my bank account when buying gems as well. It's required to confirm card transactions above certain threshold.

Buying the lesser amount (below threshold) works fine though. I don't know whether that's because I play using GeForce Now or what, but i might just do couple of transactions instead going forward. Unless that breaks as well.

Have Anet ever commented on the possibility of buying gems through the website instead? I might solve some of the issues people are having with the in-game system. Glad we have workarounds 😛

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NotTooFoolish.7412 said:

I've had a problem with logging into my bank account when buying gems as well. It's required to confirm card transactions above certain threshold.

Buying the lesser amount (below threshold) works fine though. I don't know whether that's because I play using GeForce Now or what, but i might just do couple of transactions instead going forward. Unless that breaks as well.

Have Anet ever commented on the possibility of buying gems through the website instead? I might solve some of the issues people are having with the in-game system. Glad we have workarounds 😛

I have the very same problem since my bank requires a second verification for the transaction, so I would believe this isn't GeForce Now causing issues. It's more likely that the Gemstore doesn't know how to handle bank confirmations, or atleast the new ones. Something that unfortunately is going to take quite some time for them to rework I assume...

• Thanks 2

Considering that buying stuff through their webstore works perfectly fine for me, while the in-game store doesn't finish the transaction with the same VISA card, it's quite baffling that they don't just offer gems in the webstore. Especially since both options are seemingly run by Digital River Ireland for me.

It's even more annoying that the good old (physical) gem cards aren't available in retail stores at the moment. So I'm pretty much stuck with Amazon and two tiny official game code resellers for my country that look so shady at first glance that I wouldn't buy stuff there even if my life depended on it. It feels a bit silly how many hoops I have to jump through to give them my money. In contrast if I wanted to buy a iTunes, XBox, Google Play or Steam gift card during business hours, it takes me less than 5 minutes to walk to the next shop that sells them and I'm done.

Somehow it feels like Anet/NCsoft have pretty much given up on selling their game in Europe. Not having volume discounts on gems, the 25% price hike in the Eurozone a couple of years ago, and the cancelation of the Steam option, makes me actually think twice about spending money on this game. I'm almost regretting to get back into the game after a two years hiatus. :classic_sad:

Edited by Sarajiel.5830
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1