Legendary armor by pve exploration [Merged]

What would you think of being able to obtain legendary armor by exploration like for the trinkets aurora and vision. I personally like the hunt for these trinkets more than raids and pvp. Now you can obtain legendary armor from PvP, WvW and PvE (mainly by raids). Legendary trinkets (aurora, vision, Prismatic Champion's Regalia (events are now runnign for this one, I really like this approach btw)) and legendary weapons can be obtained by exploration. And I really like the hunt for them by exploration. So I think it would be cool if they add this for the armor as well.

• Like 31
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 15
  • Sad 3

9 minutes ago, Westenev.5289 said:

I mean, if Anet just hands out gear that can take on any stat, I imagine what remains of the gw2 economy would tank...

"Aurora and Vision"... "Just hands out"...

Yeah, suuuure...

I guess you also think that Envoy set is just handed out to raiders, right?

Edited by Astralporing.1957
  • Like 18
  • Thanks 5
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 7
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, yoni.7015 said:

There are already several threads about this topic. Why open a new one? 

Well, i cant disagree the last one is only a few pages back. On the other hand, just like with Tengu threads, until anet says "no."Directly or it gets added, threads like these are gonna keep happening.

• Like 7
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

52 minutes ago, Dante.1763 said:

Well, i cant disagree the last one is only a few pages back. On the other hand, just like with Tengu threads, until anet says "no."Directly or it gets added, threads like these are gonna keep happening.

We are at a point in time, where even if ANet said "No" people would still demand it, start pettitions and basically try to bully ANet into doing it anyways. That or people would just straight up refuse to believe the "No" is a thing. "They're just teasing, it's definitely on the table. They did mounts."

• Like 9
  • Confused 3

1 hour ago, lokh.2695 said:

We are at a point in time, where even if ANet said "No" people would still demand it, start pettitions and basically try to bully ANet into doing it anyways. That or people would just straight up refuse to believe the "No" is a thing. "They're just teasing, it's definitely on the table. They did mounts."

I do agree here, but i would at least be able to point to an anet post saying "No.", that is imo a problem, they never want to say one or the other: See tengu.

37 minutes ago, The Fear.3865 said:

What would you think of actually playing the game and respect the devs job playin the content they made for us ? 

They didnt make raids for all of us though. They made it for a very small group.

• Like 15
  • Thanks 4
  • Confused 5
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, lokh.2695 said:

The amount of open world PvE needed to be on par with what is required for armor in Raids/WvW/PvP would be so high we would have endless threads complaining about it. I doubt the people who open this topic every two weeks are aware of that.

And yet i've had recently someone telling me that the HoT OW component to Envoy armor is a significant effort, big enough to consider this set to be a HoT one, not a Raid one. And another saying they spend more effort in HoT than in raids on it.

• Like 6
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 6

7 minutes ago, Dante.1763 said:

It was very clear what i said.

But here, more info: If raids had been made for -everyone- to play they would have been no harder than the first few strike mission bosses they added.

Eh, I think if they really want raids to be a big part of GW2 that most/everyone takes part in they’d add different difficulty levels, to satisfy casual and hardcore players alike. Which is a little bit what we’re getting with the EoD strike missions and their challenge modes.

I’m guessing the next Living World Season/Saga/whatever it is they call post-EOD story patches will include new sets of legendary armor as a reward. Requiring a bunch of collections out of open world and strike missions to complete. (And the inevitable heap of mystic coins, grumble)

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

33 minutes ago, Astralporing.1957 said:

And yet i've had recently someone telling me that the HoT OW component to Envoy armor is a significant effort, big enough to consider this set to be a HoT one, not a Raid one. And another saying they spend more effort in HoT than in raids on it.

So, the raid armor set is an open world one. So no need for another one, right? 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 4
  • Sad 1

15 minutes ago, Sikil.9817 said:

Eh, I think if they really want raids to be a big part of GW2 that most/everyone takes part in they’d add different difficulty levels, to satisfy casual and hardcore players alike. Which is a little bit what we’re getting with the EoD strike missions and their challenge modes.

I’m guessing the next Living World Season/Saga/whatever it is they call post-EOD story patches will include new sets of legendary armor as a reward. Requiring a bunch of collections out of open world and strike missions to complete. (And the inevitable heap of mystic coins, grumble)

Yes, exactly.

And i truly hope they do go that way.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 2

Just now, yoni.7015 said:

A strike mission legendary armor set would be great. They said, that the strike missions will have several difficulties. Maybe the most difficult version will have a path for a legendary armor. 

Hopefully one would be able to earn the items from the step directly below the hardest, otherwise, if the most difficult version of the strikes are as hard as raid bosses we would be back to getting more threads about getting a set for PVE.

And, if they dont add a unique skin to the legendary armor, i see no reason why it should be on the same difficulty of raids/strike cms. If they do, alright, sure. Strikes are still more open to players than raids are(outside of two).

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 4

27 minutes ago, Sikil.9817 said:

I think if they really want raids to be a big part of GW2 that most/everyone takes part in they’d add different difficulty levels, to satisfy casual and hardcore players alike. Which is a little bit what we’re getting with the EoD strike missions and their challenge modes.

Not really, they're just strikes with an even higher difficulty slapped onto them. The "casual" versions of them would be the story mode fights but they usually don't reward the player with anything aside from some related achievements.

• Haha 2

17 minutes ago, Sikil.9817 said:

Eh, I think if they really want raids to be a big part of GW2 that most/everyone takes part in they’d add different difficulty levels, to satisfy casual and hardcore players alike.

That would be the best way to publicize raids (story mode) and train players (easy mode with internal meters), once they know what to do they can optimize the build and go to the "normal mode" to get their armors.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Astralporing.1957 said:

I have heard this as well, but, at least n mycase, this argument usually comes from very dedicated raiders who don't generally like the open world. So I guess to peoplelike this, gettong the mats and all that from HoT is more bothersome than killing a few raid bosses. Much like WvW'ers complain about GoE or PvE'ers complain about GoB vica versa, people tend to find what they like less to be more tedious.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

I wonder if we'll see literally one new thing in this thread that wasn't already available to read in this one:

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

⬇️ @Linken.6345 yup and it doesn't help that the whole thread you've linked was based on a false premise of "not being able to play power dps soulbeast in raids" ⬇️

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 4
  • Sad 1

legendary is something you need to  just jump over your comfort zone and work harder yourself. i am not a raider but i start doing raider like a month ago. its not unreachable it just need more study on Boss mechanic (imo most of legendary is not too hard to get except coalescence). dont expect anet will make ur life easier. because they wont.  

Edited by JUN YANG.4328
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1