Legendary armor by pve exploration [Merged]

1 hour ago, Captain Kuro.8937 said:

Atleast Zalavaaris , is taking the long route about inving me and when i can't come (i won't - the problem is the Raiding comminty , don't want them to kitten up Strikes) , he can name me liar afterwards

Listen man, I wasn't inviting you to then flame you if you refuse or can't. You seemed like someone who wanted something and struggled finding people to play with. I was offering you an option because as much as you might think I'm an elitist or an a hole, I wanted to help you out. To give you an environment to play with other people, make some friends, get some experience, and get more enjoyment out of the game. If you don't want to, thats whatever, I wont flame you on here for it. I was simply trying to be nice to you regardless of our disagreement. If I see you in group, awesome, I hope you have a good time. If I don't see you in group, it's whatever, I'll be raiding with my friends and having fun anyway. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Zalavaaris.5329 said:

Listen man, I wasn't inviting you to then flame you if you refuse or can't. You seemed like someone who wanted something and struggled finding people to play with. I was offering you an option because as much as you might think I'm an elitist or an a hole, I wanted to help you out. To give you an environment to play with other people, make some friends, get some experience, and get more enjoyment out of the game. If you don't want to, thats whatever, I wont flame you on here for it. I was simply trying to be nice to you regardless of our disagreement. If I see you in group, awesome, I hope you have a good time. If I don't see you in group, it's whatever, I'll be raiding with my friends and having fun anyway. 

If he wont take you up on it, feel free to invite me 😛

Cause i just got Deimos killed today and need LI now xD

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Captain Kuro.8937 said:

If that becomes the case , then the stance of the company will change toward DPS addons , and endorse  the Kitty Golem.

(kitty ...Kitty ... like the person who offers easy specs  and address  as third person ?)

On topic:

Allow people to get Legendary Gear from Open world and it will be their choice to calculate if the cost vs effort , is worth it .

The market will spike for 4 months  , and then it will drop down from over-farming in various old maps

Alright, I wasn't sure before, but now I'm 100% certain you live in some sort of delusional world.

• Confused 1

7 hours ago, Sir Alymer.3406 said:

Alright, I wasn't sure before, but now I'm 100% certain you live in some sort of delusional world.

About the dps addons , being classified as illegal , if  the kitten hit the fan ?

Who are they gonna be scared ?

1000-1200 people ?

While they get the admiration from 200.000 ?

They have the Kitty Golem as in-game  benchmark , they don't really need an external tool .

Tell a streamer atm , to start kicking people for low  dps . Just for science . It won't trigger anything , like a megathread from the casuals  and that will give them an excuse to ban it .

Edited by Captain Kuro.8937
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 3

40 minutes ago, Captain Kuro.8937 said:

About the dps addons , being classified as illegal , if  the kitten hit the fan ?

1000-1200 people ?

They have the Kitty Golem as in-game  benchmark , they don't really need an external tool .

Tell a streamer atm , to start kicking people for low  dps . Just for science . It won't trigger anything , like a megathread from the casuals  and that will give them an excuse to ban it .

Yea and then wer back to either every dps have to show their numbers on golem before raid start.

Or the easier one that we had before class restricted the best class on paper get into raids and then kick random dps people when it dont go well.

I dont think thats better for the game over all.

• Confused 1

7 hours ago, Linken.6345 said:

Yea and then wer back to either every dps have to show their numbers on golem before raid start.

Or the easier one that we had before class restricted the best class on paper get into raids and then kick random dps people when it dont go well.

I dont think thats better for the game over all.

Yeah something like dungeons with War + Guardians (stuff auto>cone aoe) .

If that happens in Strikes , well we will face 6 months without content and then move to DRM .

If something else "funny" happen to Strikes , once again we will move to DRM .

Or find a system to split the community , *cought* open World bosses* , so each don't talk/know the existence  of  the other , but both have content .

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

11 minutes ago, Captain Kuro.8937 said:

Yeah something like dungeons with War + Guardians (stuff auto>cone aoe) .

If that happens in Strikes , well we will face 6 months without content and then move to DRM .

Or find a system to split the community , *cought* open World bosses* , so each don't talk to the other , but both have content .

90% of the content already is open world maybe time to give the minority wvw, spvp and instanced group abit more right?

• Confused 1

5 hours ago, Captain Kuro.8937 said:

1000-1200 people ?

Wait can you elaborate on what you're talking about with regards to addons and dps meters? 

12 hours ago, Captain Kuro.8937 said:

1000-1200 people ?

DPS meters banned.  Now w hat happens?
We either
A) Go back to what it was like in dungeons.  AP+KP+these very specific classes and builds only, or kick. 
or
B) Do DPS rotation on golem and stream it over discord/twitch.

Great idea.

Kitty's builds are also horrid.  They don't really teach you anything about how to play your class or otherwise.

And just because you're uneducated on DPS meters.

DPS golem only shows DPS.

DPS meter s hows it over time, peaks, troughs, skill breakdowns, how long you were attacking vs how long you were doing nothing (AKA DPS uptime), can be modified to show CC, outgoing healing, record incoming damage, mechanics, downs, deaths, boon uptimes, etc.

The meter does a lot more than the golem.

• Confused 1

7 hours ago, Sir Alymer.3406 said:

DPS meters banned.  Now w hat happens?
We either
A) Go back to what it was like in dungeons.  AP+KP+these very specific classes and builds only, or kick. 
or
B) Do DPS rotation on golem and stream it over discord/twitch.

Great idea.

Kitty's builds are also horrid.  They don't really teach you anything about how to play your class or otherwise.

And just because you're uneducated on DPS meters.

DPS golem only shows DPS.

DPS meter s hows it over time, peaks, troughs, skill breakdowns, how long you were attacking vs how long you were doing nothing (AKA DPS uptime), can be modified to show CC, outgoing healing, record incoming damage, mechanics, downs, deaths, boon uptimes, etc.

The meter does a lot more than the golem.

We can ban players for "kick harashment" .

If 1000-1200 people are the root for that behavior , well....

Either they will inv their friends that can do 20k , or whine about getting mistreated .

One way or the other the 300k population will very sad.

Kitty  build are garbage ? They are meant to be easy to play and teach rotations  .

What does Snow..something did ?Teach the people:

"if you have 80%of the damage you know your class"

"if you do 90% of the maxed 34k , you have mastered your class" ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

2 minutes ago, hash.8462 said:

Is it just my impression of this discussion has gone completely off topic?

Nah, it's not just you. Generally speaking a thread gets off topic and/or pointless by page 5 (and I'm being generous). This thread has gone to page 34 by now, so, you know...

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Captain Kuro.8937 said:

(shhhh . More data about welcoming community and lazy casuals)

You arent helping either and are part of why its so derailed, you know that, right? Instead of discussing how to implement a pve set you went off on a tangent trying to prove players in this thread where raid sellers. Good job there.

19 minutes ago, hash.8462 said:

Saddly it went off topic awhile ago, has gotten back off topic, and then derailed badly in the last couple days.

The mergers also didnt help, one thread was about moving envoy armor to pve(just no.) another was about adding a legendary quality set to pve with no raid requirment(yes please.) and vaynes thread was about making a legendary set from just exploration.(also no.).

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, hash.8462 said:

It's entirely possible everyone with something relevant to say has done so and all we are left with is @Captain Kuro.8937 saying whatever he thinks is going to fly until the Wild Turkey wears off and @Sobx.1758 flexing about having a stalker.

The good news is within a week or two someone else with a post count of several hundred will pretend to speak for "the casuals" and start up another thread on the topic, which will in turn get merged with this one.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4
  • Confused 3

39 minutes ago, hash.8462 said:

Isn't this normal? This discussion always go this way.

In the end, it's always about making someone feel bad in order to make yourself feel better, or ... to make "something" bad(arc-dps, meta, ect), without having any idea what they are actually talking about.

• Confused 1

On 8/27/2021 at 11:16 PM, Captain Kuro.8937 said:

and tell them to L2P .

And btw "l2p" is perceived negatively due to how it's being used by some people to basically ridicule others, while it's not an inherently negative advice (as long as it comes with some tips -and usually in threads like this one, it does), but rather just the truth.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=blSXTZ3Nihs

This vid is not even about gw2 specifically, but I found that it fits well, down to the answer to "so what's the point of all this kitten then?!" question. 😄

@mindcircus.1506 hardly "flexing", it was more of a footnote followed by proof against his blatant lies, so people don't think I'm making up some ridiculous stuff here. And lets not pretend that these 2-3 posts mentioning it have played a huge role in this... 34 page thread. Come on now.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 4

1 hour ago, ArchonWing.9480 said:

Well you see,  I'm right, so my opinion is worth 10,000 people's opinions.

My friend agrees with me, so that's 20,000.

I have 12 other people on my friend's list and they're cool people that will agree with me. So that's 170,000 opinions already.

I found this statement paraphrased somewhere on Reddit so that's 100,000 more. But it's probably slightly out of context, so -1.

These numbers are of course all BS. But still not as BS as requiring 20,000 (twenty whole thousands) damage per second to do anything in this game.

Being serious: About the only numbers that have any meanings in this thread are the ones Astral pulled from GW2Effec, and those numbers are even arguable in their reliability, but they are at least numbers from data xD

Not being serious: I was giggling a bit when i got to 170k people, and i needed a giggle today, its been kitten.

I like the idea.  WvW and PvP sets are mostly a time investment and can be done without a group.  Being "better" might reduce the overall time investment but either way you get the set. 

Aurora and Vision is a good model for how it can be done in open world.  

The raid set required more group effort due to the achievements.  It is also the quickest to earn (at least the first set) if you have a regular group.   Once the achievements are completed, "skill" is only a factor towards how quickly you can earn currency.  Worst case scenario you pug the easiest 3-5 LI each week and eventually get the set.  

Plus, I think it would be nice to give players another option.  No reason to encourage players to burn themselves out in any particular aspect of the game.

17 hours ago, Captain Kuro.8937 said:

We can ban players for "kick harashment" .

If 1000-1200 people are the root for that behavior , well....

Either they will inv their friends that can do 20k , or whine about getting mistreated .

One way or the other the 300k population will very sad.

Kitty  build are garbage ? They are meant to be easy to play and teach rotations  .

What does Snow..something did ?Teach the people:

"if you have 80%of the damage you know your class"

"if you do 90% of the maxed 34k , you have mastered your class" ?

It's not elitist nor is it harassment to be removed from a party or squad for underperforming in your role.
It's not elitist  nor is it harassment to be told repeatedly to pick up the slack.
It is entitled and harassment to constantly demand a position in groups where you won't pull your own weight.

Imagine working on a team project and you just coast by doing the absolute bare minimum.  No one is going to like you or want to team up with you on projects in the future.

Kitty's builds don't teach anything but how to play a bad build.

Snowcrows shows you  what boons to put on and gives you a breakdown of skill rotation and skill priorities.  A vast majority of DPS comes from just simply completing auto attack chains while fully buffed.  More damage comes from weaving in other skills between auto chains while under the effects of your class buffs.  It is literally not difficult to pull over 10k DPS as long as you're built for damage.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

5 hours ago, Dante.1763 said:

Being serious: About the only numbers that have any meanings in this thread are the ones Astral pulled from GW2Effec, and those numbers are even arguable in their reliability, but they are at least numbers from data xD

Not being serious: I was giggling a bit when i got to 170k people, and i needed a giggle today, its been kitten.

You can do some very funky things to mess with numbers, since math isn't a popular subject. But it probably is why it was important. You don't need anything resembling top numbers to do anything but boon uptime probably helps. I do hope you will get like minded people to do things your way eventually.

But hey, I post here for amusement so it's good that you were amused too. That's more important than being "right", if you ask me.

And yea kitten Mondays.

Edited by ArchonWing.9480

I do think there should be a way for PvE'rs to get it besides raids, especially given that Anet is no longer releasing content for it. Perhaps tie it to fractals which are much more accessible but make it take double or triple the time because it's easier.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1