Legendary armor by pve exploration [Merged]

3 minutes ago, Gehenna.3625 said:

Of course but a lot of people hate map completion so I'd like to see legendary items that use them all 😂

it would be so mean, but hey id be down for it xD

kek, be even more mean, make it require EOD too(if they have one), all four of those gifts xD

Edited by Dante.1763
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, yann.1946 said:

Because their is value to having long term rewards for dedicating to gamemodes. (it motivates people who like the mode longer)

Not when that reward motivates only the people that like this mode, and demotivates everyone else. When the second group is bigger than the first, that's a net loss.

the skyscale beeing a pof/pve example and fractal god being a fractal example.

Fractal god does a good job of motivating fractal players, without demotivating everyone else (because it's not something non-fractal players would covet). Same with Skyscale - it is meant for the same group of players it is supposed to motivate, so there's no conflict of interest.

Legendary armor however is very much not like those.

And their is value to  prestige rewards. (To motivate improvement in skill level)

That's the envoy skin. Legendary armor however is much more than that.

The tournament gizmos for example.

See above.

• Like 4

On 8/18/2021 at 4:46 PM, Cipisek.2147 said:

How exactly would this benefit the game? It would pretty heavily impact the economy because alot of it revolves around crafting specific armor and weapon sets, if you just give out stat changing gear no matter the skin it will impact the economy. Not even talking about long term progression. There are people who craft legendaries because of the QoL and not for the skin, now that you give this basically for free they will leave the game a lot sooner because they got what they wanted.

They could create an alternate recipe/item that makes it easier to change ascended stats rather than having to grind spirit shard farms for Anthologies for each set of armor. They could also provide more avenues for spirit shards and other currency like it to be obtained. Maybe even tie it to 500 jeweler or something.

4 hours ago, Rinagal.9235 said:

Beside that i want remind that first gen legendary weapons aren't account bound on acquire and any player can buy them on trading post, so legendary weapons aren't locked beside OW content, only accessories are.

Yeah, that's why I keep crafting them and selling them to have an outlet for my Mystic Clovers.

Well, open world Legendary at least would allow people with "trash" builds to adjust stuff on the fly, "Hey Ranger that build is terrible, Grieving Longbow/Longbow, really? change some stats please".
Right now the person would go "but i have to buy/craft an entire new set of armor/weapon, i can't do that".
With open world Legendary, that excuse is now gone, "Hey Ranger, change your stats please! Ok, one second".
Ez pez, everyone is happy, and all is well with the world.

But seriously, the only way i want "Open World Legendaries", is if they come as drops, imagine if every world boss, some champions, and bosses from certain metas receive one or two pieces of legendary armor or weapons as drops, even thou it would be extremely hard to drop, yeah i know, at least players knowing that they can potentially get a fully made legendary item that they could bind or sell on the fly would make participation on these types of contents skyrocket even more.
Cause let's face it, almost the entire community thinks the overall reward structure is one of the weakest points in the game, and while this would not solve everything of course, could improve that aspect a lil bit, it's sad when a new player asks "wow, such a cool boss, does he drops anything good??" and the only thing you can say is "yeeeeeeeeeee, no". 

They could also make them thematic, like those Aurene Legendaries, a lot of people don't like them because they are too simple and all share the same theme, those would be perfect for drops, both Shaterers could get a more simple legendary with their "branded" theme, the bosses from HoT could get Mordrem themed weapons or armor, the Claws of Jormag, PoF metas, etc.

And the best part it's just need to be a few pieces, no need for every boss to have an entire set of weapons or armor, shaterer can drop one weapon (let's say an Axe) and one helmet for example, Claw of Jormag a glove and another weapon (a Greatsword), and so on, and like i said, since these legendaries would be more simple, they would not take away from the other ones value, and would not take as much time to be put in the game.

9 hours ago, Brandon Uzumaki.1524 said:

Well, open world Legendary at least would allow people with "trash" builds to adjust stuff on the fly, "Hey Ranger that build is terrible, Grieving Longbow/Longbow, really? change some stats please".
Right now the person would go "but i have to buy/craft an entire new set of armor/weapon, i can't do that".
With open world Legendary, that excuse is now gone, "Hey Ranger, change your stats please! Ok, one second".
Ez pez, everyone is happy, and all is well with the world.

But seriously, the only way i want "Open World Legendaries", is if they come as drops, imagine if every world boss, some champions, and bosses from certain metas receive one or two pieces of legendary armor or weapons as drops, even thou it would be extremely hard to drop, yeah i know, at least players knowing that they can potentially get a fully made legendary item that they could bind or sell on the fly would make participation on these types of contents skyrocket even more.
Cause let's face it, almost the entire community thinks the overall reward structure is one of the weakest points in the game, and while this would not solve everything of course, could improve that aspect a lil bit, it's sad when a new player asks "wow, such a cool boss, does he drops anything good??" and the only thing you can say is "yeeeeeeeeeee, no". 

They could also make them thematic, like those Aurene Legendaries, a lot of people don't like them because they are too simple and all share the same theme, those would be perfect for drops, both Shaterers could get a more simple legendary with their "branded" theme, the bosses from HoT could get Mordrem themed weapons or armor, the Claws of Jormag, PoF metas, etc.

And the best part it's just need to be a few pieces, no need for every boss to have an entire set of weapons or armor, shaterer can drop one weapon (let's say an Axe) and one helmet for example, Claw of Jormag a glove and another weapon (a Greatsword), and so on, and like i said, since these legendaries would be more simple, they would not take away from the other ones value, and would not take as much time to be put in the game.

No what you would get back is

-shut up dont tell me how to play noob.

Edited by Linken.6345
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

12 hours ago, Dante.1763 said:

it would be so mean, but hey id be down for it xD

kek, be even more mean, make it require EOD too(if they have one), all four of those gifts xD

Well it would be mean, but it would give a new perspective to people who say you just have to suck up and do the raids or pvp. That's easy to say if you don't find those horrible. So I say it as a  joke, but really, it's only fair if you think about it hehe.

28 minutes ago, Gehenna.3625 said:

Well it would be mean, but it would give a new perspective to people who say you just have to suck up and do the raids or pvp. That's easy to say if you don't find those horrible. So I say it as a  joke, but really, it's only fair if you think about it hehe.

You're operating under the mistaken assumption that people who do raids or fractal CMs haven't played the rest of the game, like playing with a raid static makes you allergic to doing map completion or running Drizzlewood meta or whatever.

Just now, ASP.8093 said:

You're operating under the mistaken assumption that people who do raids or fractal CMs haven't played the rest of the game, like playing with a raid static makes you allergic to doing map completion or running Drizzlewood meta or whatever.

No I'm not making that assumption but I do know that a lot of people hate doing map completion. So it's your assumption that I meant all of the raiders and fractal players. In fact I was speaking of players who find map completion horrible. I even said so... 

12 hours ago, Astralporing.1957 said:

Not when that reward motivates only the people that like this mode, and demotivates everyone else. When the second group is bigger than the first, that's a net loss.

Fractal god does a good job of motivating fractal players, without demotivating everyone else (because it's not something non-fractal players would covet). Same with Skyscale - it is meant for the same group of players it is supposed to motivate, so there's no conflict of interest.

Legendary armor however is very much not like those.

That's the envoy skin. Legendary armor however is much more than that.

See above.

You should probably say this to dante not me, we had this conversation already.

my answer was just directed at his question, what is the point of forcing people into things they know/think they dislike.

Nothing more.

Just now, yann.1946 said:

You should probably say this to dante not me, we had this conversation already.

my answer was just directed at his question, what is the point of forcing people into things they know/think they dislike.

Nothing more.

Her* 😛

And i understand the concept, but theres a big difference between forcing them to main the content and try the content they hate.

the GOB forces you to try out wvw. It does not force you to main wvw for "x" weeks. And i dont mind the gift of battle. I can get it in 4 or 5 hours, and be done. 

i dont think turning envoy armor into a "try raids" armor would please anyone(by reducing the li required per piece or set down to 4.), nor would i ever ask that to be the case. Envoy armors SKIN, should remain as is, a status item.

Instead i ask for an armor set with no raid requirement. One that is not freely given away, one that is expensive, and one that has such requirements as to make it take as long to obtain it as it does to obtain the other three sets.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Dante.1763 said:

Her* 😛

Sorry, I'll try to remember 🙂

And i understand the concept, but theres a big difference between forcing them to main the content and try the content they hate.

Sure, but that's why their are also prestige and long term rewards (fractal God title for example) 

the GOB forces you to try out wvw. It does not force you to main wvw for "x" weeks. And i dont mind the gift of battle. I can get it in 4 or 5 hours, and be done. 

Indeed

i dont think turning envoy armor into a "try raids" armor would please anyone(by reducing the li required per piece or set down to 4.), nor would i ever ask that to be the case. Envoy armors SKIN, should remain as is, a status item.

I agree

Instead i ask for an armor set with no raid requirement. One that is not freely given away, one that is expensive, and one that has such requirements as to make it take as long to obtain it as it does to obtain the other three sets.

Their the problem is that for some people the category of legendary armour is considered a prestige reward. Personally I don't but then their still is the question about how many people it would motivate which is a question nobody can really answer atm. 

For me personally I think the PvP and wvw sets need unique skins first. But that can be seen as a no if interpretted uncharitably as the time it took for the original skins to be created is pretty long

1 hour ago, Linken.6345 said:

No what you would get back is

-shut up dont tell me how to play noob.

nothing wrong with people playing the way they want to play as long as its not 10 man or 5 man instance content. This is the whole point of legendary armor from open world.

I grinded raid and played the way other wanted me to play but Now, i just play the way I want to play which I am enjoying far far more.

16 minutes ago, yann.1946 said:

Sorry, I'll try to remember 🙂

Sure, but that's why their are also prestige and long term rewards (fractal God title for example) 

Indeed

I agree

Their the problem is that for some people the category of legendary armour is considered a prestige reward. Personally I don't but then their still is the question about how many people it would motivate which is a question nobody can really answer atm. 

For me personally I think the PvP and wvw sets need unique skins first. But that can be seen as a no if interpretted uncharitably as the time it took for the original skins to be created is pretty long

PvP and WvW legendary armor didn't even exist when they implemented Raid Armor. I wonder how pvper and WvWer would feel if the situation was still like that.

Hmm, they did the same thing as people are doing for open world leggy armor. Post after Post until they got it. Now, they got their goodies and they are against people getting it from open world, pretty Ironic 🙂

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ASP.8093 said:

Well, if they were doing more than just dipping in, they would not be comparing map completion and other OW activities to "just handing out the legendaries" like they often do. So, it means that they either do not play that content enough to understand their mistake, or that it is not a mistake but intentional misrepresentation of the situation. In cases where i don't have any proof to the contrary, i prefer to assume lack of knowledge over bad intentions.

• Like 5

16 minutes ago, yann.1946 said:

No worries! Folks see the username and assume xD silly teenage crush.

That is true, we dont know how many and i doubt even anet knows.

I also think wvw and pvp needs unique armor need unique skins. Its always bothered me that anet was so lazy with their implementation.

33 minutes ago, yann.1946 said:

Their the problem is that for some people the category of legendary armour is considered a prestige reward.

Something what directly affect gameplay cannot be considered as prestige reward by definition, no subjective opinion might be here.

• Like 1

The only two legendary slots that ‘require’ significant ‘skill’ to obtain at this time are Coalescence (which can be bought through runs or substituted by a second Conflux) and Transcendence (which, as a matter of QoL, will be effectively nullified by Prismatic Champions Amulet)

everything else literally just takes time investment from a QoL standpoint, and I really don’t think that should change

if you want another path to legendary armor, through open word or something, I really hope that it is a massive time sink in order to do so. I’d probably do it, to get another skin is always cool, but, in my opinion, there absolutely should NOT be ‘easier’ ways to get any of the slots filled. If something is legendary in quality, it should take a legendary effort to get it

1 hour ago, Rinagal.9235 said:

Something what directly affect gameplay cannot be considered as prestige reward by definition, no subjective opinion might be here.

No, not all all. For example the skyscale  and fractal God are prestige rewards which affect the gameplay. Now if you want to clarify and refine your statement please do. 🙂

1 hour ago, Dante.1763 said:

No worries! Folks see the username and assume xD silly teenage crush.

The Italian writer or videogame character? 😜 

That is true, we dont know how many and i doubt even anet knows.

Probably true, data is not magic after all. 

I also think wvw and pvp needs unique armor need unique skins. Its always bothered me that anet was so lazy with their implementation.

I always looked at it more as a compromise. Either without skins or not at all. 

Based on how much work the original set was. 

Legendary armour might have been a mistake to begin with, but we live in this world with it so what can we do. 🙂

1 minute ago, yann.1946 said:

No, not all all. For example the skyscale  and fractal God are prestige rewards which affect the gameplay. Now if you want to clarify and refine your statement please do.

Title "Fractal God" is prestige reward and doesn't affect gameplay, the effect which increases your rewards, damage etc isn't a prestige reward. Skyscale isn't a prestige reward.

• Like 1

On 8/16/2021 at 7:59 AM, mtpelion.4562 said:

The first generation of Legendary Weapons got it right. Everything afterwards had the blight of "Account Bound" which prevents players who enjoy a certain type of content from being able to monetize their gameplay by selling the things they make to other players who don't like it.

If Envoy armor could be sold on the TP, then those of us who don't raid (for all of the dozens of legitimate reasons) could simply "play how we want" and eventually buy Legendary armor from other people who "play how they want". 

THIS!!! SO MUCH THIS! Well stated. I would prefer "account bound" to not be a thing in general.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

10 minutes ago, Super Hayes.6890 said:

THIS!!! SO MUCH THIS! Well stated. I would prefer "account bound" to not be a thing in general.

But how about this?
You get to buy legendary armor for gems!!! You don't even have to play. You can just swipe and there - now you have lege armor! 
And if you get the bundle - you get the trinkets too!!!

All that is left is for you to take the screenshot, put it as your wallpaper and exit  delete the game. You won!

Edited by Rod.6581
  • Thanks 2

19 minutes ago, Rinagal.9235 said:

Title "Fractal God" is prestige reward and doesn't affect gameplay, the effect which increases your rewards, damage etc isn't a prestige reward. Skyscale isn't a prestige reward.

The fractal God title and the buff are intertwined. They both are the part of the same reward, and absolutely prestige rewards. 

And for the skyscale, you can just look how many people call it the legendary mount.