Most overpowered builds in gw2 history

Dusty.6084

12 minutes ago, Crab Fear.1624 said:

No, it is not fine.

Guess I should've worded it better. If it's executed well it can bring in players.

There should be builds that are easy to understand, easy to play but easy to counter so it's honest but you do learn the game. But then you get builds that ANET allow to happen, that's too easy to play but too hard to counter like what. I have to count 1000 evades or something has too much effective hp with a lot of stun breaks and defensive mechanics, or THE OLD TURRET ENGI where some poor schmuck who has only started the game can make it annoying for a long time player (Jesus ANET was stupid for this) that, I agree isn't fine.

Edited by BlackTruth.6813

13 minutes ago, BlackTruth.6813 said:

If it's executed well it can bring in players.

There should be builds that are easy to understand, easy to play but easy to counter so it's honest but you do learn the game. But then you get builds that ANET allow to happen, that's too easy to play but too hard to counter like what. I have to count 1000 evades or something has too much effective hp with a lot of stun breaks and defensive mechanics, or THE OLD TURRET ENGI where some poor schmuck who has only started the game can make it annoying for a long time player (Jesus ANET was stupid for this) that, I agree isn't fine.

No pvp is supposed to be hard.

If you wanna have an easy time pve is there.

If executed at all it makes anyone who likes pvp for pvp sake leave which they did which destroyed the foundations of the pvp community and from there the bottom fell out and you have a mega bleed out of pvp'ers because all that left are the people who are just seeking rewards. And the people who pvp for the sake of pvp will look around in there queue and see wild match numbers like 100-500 and the smart ones will realize it's due to not having any real pvp people left in the game. Which leads to further degradation of the player base.

This happened in Path of Exile, and FF14 if you alienate you core playerbase for the game mode it dies, there is no such thing as a casual pvper just folks who win and learn and folks who cry and lose.

You cannot balance for the lowest common player because they do not like to lose and to learn and to be good you have to lose for awhile they will generally cry and come here post some kitten take and get washed out of the game mode in 10 hours but yet anet still balanced for them even they couldn't give any kittens about the game mode.

Edited by Genesis.5169
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Its a bit different now. Pre HoT cele Ele was a monstrosity but there were hard counters to it, i.e. warriors, even boon corrupt necros. 

For Pre-Hot turret engie, I'd use necromancer wells. 

Post HoT, hands down bunker Chrono is at the top of my list. 

Recently, I had the most trouble countering prot holo, moreso than scourge. It's not made into a huge issue on these forums due to the difficulty to master. I do remember a long thread about it. 

Maybe I'm missing a few more builds but those were on top of my head. 

• Like 1

Noone remembers the strongest of them all. Bunker staff core ele, with blast on every dodge. Completely and utterly unkillable while tanking and contesting a point against 4 people at once without breaking a sweat, it was short lived but it was the strongest iteration of a spec this game has ever seen (of course we have to take into account the stuff available at the time such as no nerfs, bunker amulets and so on, obviously).

HoT Season 1 Chrono tank comes very close. 

The infamous Cele-ele is of course an honorable mention, much stronger than hambow, shoutbow, or all others mentioned already.

• Like 1