We preorded the xpac. Can we finally get some real in game moderation and balance?

People have been hacking and botting for months to years without punishment. You see the same bots in the same spots every day. You see the same accounts with 1000s of games every pvp season. You see the same hackers in pvp and wvw. Nothing ever happens to them. Pretending they dont exist is how you make the problem worse until its too big to solve.

Class balance has been practically non-existent since work on EoD was announced. The few patches we got have been completely disconnected from what the game actually needs. The same mistakes continue to be made and it has slowly brought the quality of gameplay down. The pvp patch from feb 2020 left the game in a broken state, and next to nothing has been done to follow it up. Its coming up on 2 years since then. Is it really so hard to change things like rezzing to balance out the damage loss? If so, is it really so hard to communicate that to players?

Its nice that EoD is coming out soon, but if these problems never get addressed it wont really matter how much new content there is since the game will still be in a neglected, broken state.

• Like 15
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 4

I'm not going to preorder or even buy it until I decide it's worth it. I agree with you at least that things have been poorly managed. However, I don't believe giving them money without change is a solution. Let them fix the parts of the game they broke. Let them fix some game breaking bugs. Let them get back to a content release cycle that is enjoyable. Then I'll give them more money. 

Although, I have to say, the trend is pretty nice so far. Things look to be improving, but I still need more before I spend my money. I spent probably thousands of dollars on this game since it's release. I've never regretted it. (Except buying black lion keys) However, the IBS, and it's peripheral setting within A-Net made me question continuing with this game at all. 

Hopefully they can change direction enough to reach some of the awesomeness that HoT brought. Such an exciting time for gw2, even if it had balance issues. They were worked on, until things got better. 

• Like 4

Anet has always buried its head on bots. In 2 days i've seen in Bloodtide 3 characters all stood on top of each other roaming the same small space in unison. Any time you visit Modri Caves in Istan, it's packed with AFK Necros and the aforementioned multiboxers/bots. For ages places like Verdant Brink have been packed with AFK Revs who literally just stand there, abusing boonshare participation.

It's utterly absurd. When i played WoW in 2008, i remember this huge magical rock in the grassy Burning Crusade area that used to attract bots. You'd report them and they'd be banned within days -- and you could lure the roaming giant things over to them and get them killed for fun. Neither of those things work in GW2. Anet tolerates them using make-believe measures (e.g., if they don't reapond to whispers we will take action), but that isn't worth jack. 

PvP is notoriously plagued by bots. The ingame economy is an utter mess from login script farming "barons". 

But who cares...?

• Like 6

22 minutes ago, Loboling.5293 said:

I'm not going to preorder or even buy it until I decide it's worth it. I agree with you at least that things have been poorly managed. However, I don't believe giving them money without change is a solution. Let them fix the parts of the game they broke. Let them fix some game breaking bugs. Let them get back to a content release cycle that is enjoyable. Then I'll give them more money. 

Although, I have to say, the trend is pretty nice so far. Things look to be improving, but I still need more before I spend my money. I spent probably thousands of dollars on this game since it's release. I've never regretted it. (Except buying black lion keys) However, the IBS, and it's peripheral setting within A-Net made me question continuing with this game at all. 

Hopefully they can change direction enough to reach some of the awesomeness that HoT brought. Such an exciting time for gw2, even if it had balance issues. They were worked on, until things got better. 

Im usually in the "never preorder" category of people, but I and many people here have played this game for nearly 9 years and know that we love it. Its just sad seeing little issues get worse and worse over time until they are big enough that it starts ruining the game.

12 minutes ago, Paradoxoglanis.1904 said:

Im usually in the "never preorder" category of people, but I and many people here have played this game for nearly 9 years and know that we love it. Its just sad seeing little issues get worse and worse over time until they are big enough that it starts ruining the game.

I feel you, gw2 is a great game. But unless we withhold from preordering, they won't have the incentive to make the best possible product. If EoD has fun maps with good metas, solid elite specs, important bug fixes & balance updates and introduces new and interesting mechanics through masteries.

If they hit all those points, I'll for sure buy the game. I'm still just shocked what they did with IBS, ruining their own story. And focusing on instances, like strikes, etc. I had more fun running around queensdale in a blob, fighting champions. It's not always about how engaging the game mechanics are, but how well they encourage players to come together into massive social dynamics. 

Games like gw2 are social experiences, and the changes gw2 brought in, like no mob taging, xp for rezing players, etc. Made their game one of the best games for random adventures and fun player interactions occurring in the open world. 

I hope to see a return to old philosophies that made us all fall in love with this game. 

• Like 5

I fail to see how preordering the game will make ANet work on what you want. Like others said, it has the opposite effect. Also, I actually don't care about pvp, wvv, bots, or the economy. I don't play pvp or wvw, the bots don't bother me, and I can always afford what I truly want in the moment despite how I almost never farm gold and never buy gems. I'm not sure if I'm in the minority. Perhaps there aren't enough people complaining about these things, so ANet simply cannot be bothered to attend to them.

At the same time, I'm pretty much done with GW2. I used to adore the game, but I think that my run is done. After 5 years, most of which were probably spent on break (actually, when I calculate my days vs. my hours in /age, it looks like I only played 1 hour a day), I have nothing to do in the game. That's not to say that there is nothing to do. I mean to say that there's nothing that I want to do. I've lost interest. There isn't anything worth doing; the game isn't worth playing. The EoD first look did not help. I'm not interested in anything that EoD offers. I decided to still stick around just to play through the story, see how it's gonna end and etc., but I don't even bother logging in every day to do dailies now.

I can't tell what's due to nostalgia, what's due to logic, and what's due the current real state of GW2. All I know is that even if they fix pvp, wvw, botting, and the economy, I still wouldn't be bothered to play. And I'm not sure what's wrong. Maybe it's just me finally leaving my gaming days.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

9 minutes ago, Hadi.6025 said:

You making some good points but this what anet about to do. Remove your post and ban you from the forums. Thats how they solve the issue. Any criticism leads to you just being shut down. But hey!! buy their plastic Aurene Sculpture !!

I told my self I'd buy the expansion only cause i support Gw2 but this is probably the last time i spend money on the game.

The devs are incompetent, they can't take criticism, and are virtually non existent when it comes to addressing issues or communicating with the players. And then they say stuff like " Oh we been listening to player feedback". Um, who? Mighty teapot? That dude can't play for sh yt, the biggest simp for Gw2 talking about "2020 is the year for Gw2!!!" , shut all the way up.. stop listening to people who don't even know how to play and keep bringing up balance talks. It's the whole reason this game got removed from ESPORTS.

All in all. Don't take these people seriously, they aren't listening, they'll gladly take your money though.

You sound angry. Have you thought maybe your posts got removed because of how you wrote them?

Ive been critical of anet(especially with EOD), i havent had any posts removed.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 3

1 minute ago, Dante.1763 said:

You sound angry. Have you thought maybe your posts got removed because of how you wrote them?

Ive been critical of anet(especially with EOD), i havent had any posts removed.

1. How can you hear what i typed? 
2. I'm not angry that's just how i type. You can perceive it any way you want. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 2

Bots don't affect PvE. The mere coins they make every hour (even with multiboxing), pale in comparison to the 30g/hr an active player can make, which is enough to make a Legendary weapon every few weeks. If we thought of GW2 as a real job, a standard 40-hour work week would be up to 1.7kg. And for many players, these kinds of playtimes aren't unrealistic especially during the pandemic.

No methods of botting could even come close to these returns, because you can't automate intense, active playtime.

Bots barely affect WvW, just the occasional treb bot, or camp flipper (that dies to NPCs half the time, anyway), etc. And most of the time you're fighting real players which is very obvious by their tactics. Fighting a bot is no different than fighting a player who just joined the game mode for the first time, they're weak.

Bots only affect PvP because of the low population. If the population was higher, bots wouldn't be noticeable.

As for hacking and whatnot, I admit I've seen some grievious situations where a player would hack for years on end and ArenaNet would just keep on temporarily banning them while never giving out a permanent ban. I realise it wouldn't stop them from making new accounts, but these are always well-established accounts they return to. I've always wondered if there's an ecomic factor in this, since the players not getting perma-banned are likely whales.

Balance is the best its ever been in this game. Anyone who thinks otherwise looks on the past with rose-tinted glasses. I've seen players say things like "boonball meta didn't exist before HoT", and they're almost always wrong.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 3

3 hours ago, Embered.5089 said:

I fail to see how preordering the game will make ANet work on what you want. Like others said, it has the opposite effect. Also, I actually don't care about pvp, wvv, bots, or the economy. I don't play pvp or wvw, the bots don't bother me, and I can always afford what I truly want in the moment despite how I almost never farm gold and never buy gems. I'm not sure if I'm in the minority. Perhaps there aren't enough people complaining about these things, so ANet simply cannot be bothered to attend to them.

At the same time, I'm pretty much done with GW2. I used to adore the game, but I think that my run is done. After 5 years, most of which were probably spent on break (actually, when I calculate my days vs. my hours in /age, it looks like I only played 1 hour a day), I have nothing to do in the game. That's not to say that there is nothing to do. I mean to say that there's nothing that I want to do. I've lost interest. There isn't anything worth doing; the game isn't worth playing. The EoD first look did not help. I'm not interested in anything that EoD offers. I decided to still stick around just to play through the story, see how it's gonna end and etc., but I don't even bother logging in every day to do dailies now.

I can't tell what's due to nostalgia, what's due to logic, and what's due the current real state of GW2. All I know is that even if they fix pvp, wvw, botting, and the economy, I still wouldn't be bothered to play. And I'm not sure what's wrong. Maybe it's just me finally leaving my gaming days.

It won't but what he's saying is, as a customer this is what he wants to see what happens. Anet is a business and if they want to keep their customers they have to appeal to the masses. If you lose customers you lose money. Simple as that. 

20 hours ago, Paradoxoglanis.1904 said:

People have been hacking and botting for months to years without punishment. You see the same bots in the same spots every day. You see the same accounts with 1000s of games every pvp season. You see the same hackers in pvp and wvw. Nothing ever happens to them. Pretending they dont exist is how you make the problem worse until its too big to solve.

Class balance has been practically non-existent since work on EoD was announced. The few patches we got have been completely disconnected from what the game actually needs. The same mistakes continue to be made and it has slowly brought the quality of gameplay down. The pvp patch from feb 2020 left the game in a broken state, and next to nothing has been done to follow it up. Its coming up on 2 years since then. Is it really so hard to change things like rezzing to balance out the damage loss? If so, is it really so hard to communicate that to players?

Its nice that EoD is coming out soon, but if these problems never get addressed it wont really matter how much new content there is since the game will still be in a neglected, broken state.

If you were unhappy with the product before why did you preorder?

• Like 2

3 hours ago, TwoGhosts.6790 said:

You forgot the part about how their definition of new content is, quite literally, return to old content.

Eh? Weve gotten plenty of new content in the game. DRMs are an awful concept, and frankly i wish we had gotten another zone for that.

EOD is also new. "We are going to back to cantha" you say? Yes. 250 years in the future, who knows how different it is. As much as i despise cantha im curious to see what its like.

And thankfully Cantha is the last of the old places we havent gone(outside of a few places from EOTN.) Maybe now we can go to other places in the world: like explore west and north of Drizzlewood, go find the Asuras homeland and help them reclaim it..who knows.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Paradoxoglanis.1904 said:

As i said before, i like the game. Just because there are issues with it doesnt mean i cant like it.

Enjoying the game is one thing.

Supporting a developer who you feel is neglecting their game with a preorder sends them the wrong message.

For you to be unhappy as a customer and then turn around and give a company money for their next product sight unseen, makes you part of a pretty significant problem with gaming in general.

• Like 3

Just now, mindcircus.1506 said:

Enjoying the game is one thing.

Supporting a developer who you feel is neglecting their game with a preorder sends them the wrong message.

For you to be unhappy as a customer and then turn around and give a company money for their next product sight unseen, makes you part of a pretty significant problem with gaming in general.

I feel like people are looking too much into the pre-order statement. Im 100% certain im going to buy EoD at some point. I want to support this game. I want it to succeed and to support the people working at anet. Boycotting a preorder only to buy the expansion immediately when it releases doesnt "send the devs a message".

On 8/17/2021 at 7:37 AM, Dante.1763 said:

And thankfully Cantha is the last of the old places we havent gone(outside of a few places from EOTN.) Maybe now we can go to other places in the world: like explore west and north of Drizzlewood, go find the Asuras homeland and help them reclaim it..who knows.

One can only hope but given their record of "reimagining" old areas from GW1 and sticking to human-centered storylines (that, and Taimi) I don't expect much anymore. HoT was so good because on top of all the new features it was truly pushing the story forward and into new territory, figuratively and literally. PoF was back to GW1 fluff but the maps and mounts were good and that's fine... but now the cycle repeats after the big flop on the Norn and Charr (and Kodan, etc.)... I know nobody cares and ANet least of all but if the next expansion after Cantha or LW is just "reimagining" GW1 areas I'll be pretty close to being done.

I was like you guys caring so much about game state and always believed Anet will do something.

...5 years later later in this game, one day I read a reddit comment and all my problems are gone. I feel peace of mind finally. Bcs he is right. 

Don't burn yourself  for things that will hardly or never happen. 

On 8/17/2021 at 11:19 AM, Paradoxoglanis.1904 said:

I feel like people are looking too much into the pre-order statement. Im 100% certain im going to buy EoD at some point. I want to support this game. I want it to succeed and to support the people working at anet. Boycotting a preorder only to buy the expansion immediately when it releases doesnt "send the devs a message".

So despite a thread title that claimed you had pre-ordered, you now claim to have not done so.

Quality false rhetoric.

• Confused 1