sPvP Duo Ques from 2 to 3 (At Least?)

jdawgie.1835

Hi Guys,

First post. After the years of PvP and the ups and downs I have seen in regards to everyone's varying opinions on Pre-Mades in ranked play I feel that if we are not going to get back 5 man Ques back:

Would 3 man Ques be a middle ground? The way I see it, 3 manning allows for those three people to work collectively to carry if needed, be it bots, new players, throwers, or just a better comp. At least in a more comprehensive way than duo queuing. I agree that duos can be enough to turn the tides of a match in some cases for sure. However 3 Manning makes the goal of carrying more reasonable over time and its something that's going to have to happen from time to time due to randomness of the your other party members. This would also maintain some middle ground for those who feel that 5 man pre-mades are unfair in nature for solo-queues? 

• Confused 2

2 minutes ago, Multicolorhipster.9751 said:

I would not care for 3 stacks against or with SoloQs because its bad enough already with just DuoQ

But then again 2, 3, or 5 stacks would be fine so long as they went against other parties and not random unwilling SoloQ players.

Thank you for your reply.

So for you the middle ground is to have two separate ranked Ques for Solos and anything above a party of 2? Also for the record since its the forums all my questions are asked in honest curiosity. Sometimes questions on here can appear flippant or whatever. Not the intention. 

I can appreciate why, I worry our player base is not big enough to support that. Unfortunately. 

• Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, jdawgie.1835 said:

Thank you for your reply.

So for you the middle ground is to have two separate ranked Ques for Solos and anything above a party of 2? Also for the record since its the forums all my questions are asked in honest curiosity. Sometimes questions on here can appear flippant or whatever. Not the intention. 

I can appreciate why, I worry our player base is not big enough to support that. Unfortunately. 

You're fine, no worries

But yes, i'd rather that. 

I know the population is very low to consider splitting the queues, but I don't think it would be as dividing as people think. 

The vast majority of people SoloQ even with the option to DuoQ. Talking like a 95-5 split here.

The real problem would likely be the people trying to play in teams waiting a long time to play imbalanced games. 

But at that point, that would be their choice anyway.

For the average SoloQ player matches would be more even and they could go about their bidness without having to worry about DuoQ. 

And that would be huge for SoloQs. Merged Solo/DuoQ is a big pain to anyone not DuoQ'd for so many reasons that to list them all here would most definitely exceed the character limit.

• Like 1

The game mode died because it wasn't team ranked enforced.

There were problems sure, but problems a lot easier to fix than balancing for solo q.

People solo queue in majority because they are inherently lazy, and solo q is the easiest thing to do.

This is why ranked is more like JQ from gw1, and not taken seriously by anyone.

This is why Devs look to ats for balancing the game mode, and why any person making complaints for or against classes use ATs as their reference.

The game mode has several objectives and complex/multiple strategies that can be used in play.

It is large enough that communication and coordination are keys to success.

A subset of lazy introverts have somehow gotten their way in a game, but also complain about how dead the game mode it.

Even "carried" players get better with their team because of the positive reinforcement and training.

This mode will never be "excellent" or balanced until teams are the rule, and the problem with teams are handled.

It has always been the simplest solution, but you know, for people being inherently lazy, they sure like doing things the hard way.

The same amount of people would play ranked, even if all they did was lfg because they want the rewards or are addicted to conquest, and then MORE would play because now they can do full team.

Good thing Im not in charge or it would require a full team to enter ranked, and I would re-implement continuing in the matches until defeated.

SOLO queue was definitely proven to be bad for the game over a couple seasons about 17 seasons ago.

A MASSIVE exodus occured and never returned.

The players who really have tin hats on are the solo queue evangelists.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

9 hours ago, RedAvenged.5217 said:

Dw you can already have a triple necro team if one swaps. In fact if you and your duo don’t q on necro you can get to have a 3-4 necro team every game

I hear you. I am talking about having three people being able to que up together to start off a match. The spec that we play is something im less worried about. Not really looking to stack necros. Infact out of all my arena partners only one enjoys playing necro. 

2 hours ago, jdawgie.1835 said:

I hear you. I am talking about having three people being able to que up together to start off a match. The spec that we play is something im less worried about. Not really looking to stack necros. Infact out of all my arena partners only one enjoys playing necro. 

I was just kidding.

ive said this same thing over and over- at least let us queue with 3 people, I don’t expect anet to do anything...

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

Duo is already free top 250.  If you can get a 5 man together play ATs. 

Devs like blizzard have this insane delusion that balancing a game around 5 stacks means people are going to go out of their way to play in a five stack instead of soloQing, so at the end of the day all it does it kill the game for soloQ (90% of the playerbase)

Edited by Dusty.6084