I returned after 6 years and i found WvW Meta unfriendly for lonely players.

Reborn.2934

10 hours ago, saerni.2584 said:

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Guild_upgrade#Acquiring_guild_upgrades

Start with the wiki. If you have any questions post them in the thread. 

The reason you can't claim a camp at level 0, and need to earn the ability to claim towers and keeps, is because guilds need to upgrade their Claim Aura to be more effective (thus restricting lower tier guilds with lower level Auras to less important objectives) and also need to craft or otherwise obtain Tactics for the objectives they are claiming/managing. Basically, the system Anet designed permits guilds with lots of resources more freedom to make claims than fresh guilds. 

Several people have noted that individual guilds can be leveled up solo, at least to where making claims is possible. However, most veteran players have multiple guilds they can claim with. I myself have 3 different guilds that have maximum claim authority and WvW upgrades. I'm basically the only one who uses them for that purpose so it's like having 3 personal guilds. 

Back to leveling up a guild the main thing is needing to run guild missions and then spending the currency the guild earns from those missions to upgrade. It helps to have 3 friends to run those because multiple of those missions are group content (it's a guild after all). Working on that doesn't require voice coms or anything, just some chatting and using guides (for example the guide for the guild Trek locations). 

Good luck.

this is a very helpful reply. nothing is magic. you need to play the game to play the game.

• Thanks 2

When HoT launched they put WvW in the hands of large guilds to control and most of the WvW guilds quit.  That's just what happened for whatever reason.

Whether it was leveling their guild halls, the new classes that needed balanced or just the new tactivator stuff they quit and that's just what happened.

Edited by displayname.8315
  • Like 1

On 8/18/2021 at 4:40 AM, Talindra.4958 said:

this is a very helpful reply. nothing is magic. you need to play the game to play the game.

no, it wasn't helpful post. it was an advertisement post for gw2 wiki just for web search reasons.

Nobody Answered my 1st Post's Questions.

why my level 3 guild with 18 members can't claim the stupid camps?

and how i can make it level 4 if there is nowhere on the internet the member requirements for guilds or their upgrades?

i should open the promotion for this level 3 guild and start inviting people without knowing how many should has to be upgraded to level 4?

this is ridiculous and i prefer not playing this game than become this game's b1tch.

On 8/18/2021 at 3:35 PM, displayname.8315 said:

When HoT launched they put WvW in the hands of large guilds to control and most of the WvW guilds quit.  That's just what happened for whatever reason.

Whether it was leveling their guild halls, the new classes that needed balanced or just the new tactivator stuff they quit and that's just what happened.

i will say why they quit . it is not rocket science.

the upgrade procedure as i saw it needs tones of materials and gold.

gold can farmed in wvw but the materials need either play pve, either buy them.

and this is where the problem comes. The demand for materials skyrocketed their price and things became very expensive for wvw guilds. it was something that i am sure nobody was ready. if you see the price of a core material for guild upgrades after HoT expansion (october 2015) the prices skyrocketed http://www.gw2spidy.com/item/19701 and they dropped after months during 2016. but the damage had done.

Nobody from anet should expect from WvW guilds to be and PvE guilds and this is why the only WvW guilds that i see remain active are the wvw guilds that had pve teams too. the old hard core wvw guilds have gone.

Now you know the reason for one of their mistakes . the second mistake is this what our friend says here in bold . they choose quantity over quality and this is why it failed over time. i left the game with 2 story lines and i found it after the same time i had left it with +4 story lines = 6 story lines. to much pve killed WvW !!!

On 8/17/2021 at 12:22 PM, vilkanor.3072 said:

returning player here . You are totally correct, and I understand your frustration as I'd like to use my own solo guild to get banners and claim objectives but no, Anet decided to throw veteran players under the bus and allow only large guilds to do the business (it doesn't matter if their numbers are mostly made with pve players: quantity over quality is their motto, like in real life). Who knows, maybe in the next decade they will finally separate WvW guilds from PvE guilds, and tie the power of a guild to the actual highest ranking member in the guild itself.

One can dream, it's still free

in my previous post i added the last vavume's video and now i decided to stop the game for second time since i see ridiculous 

threads like this that asks to add gold prizes for wvw claims

this ridiculous thread simple tells me that someone feels more important than really is.

maybe the next decade and after some financial slaps (that already coming this winter) some people understand that the individual players and their guilds are also important  like the big guilds and they have place in wvw meta.

since then i will add the text (since i can't add the image) from the 6 years old video of [VV] that describe how he feels the flipping of camps in wvw  as roamer.

"As a solo roamer sometimes your contribution to your server will be questioned, the time and effort you put into helping your allies may go unnoticed and unrewarded , but you carry on because someone had to fight the silent war"

[VV] - WvW 20k Camp Flips . Jul 30, 2015

So, if for the people that are playing mostly WvW as roamers and many other people like them (1000+ viewers) means something the personal achievement of the 20k camps , it has a value that you simple ignore because you are running the wvw gamemode by taking advices from people that know life from inside the books of the universities. 

of course i am not against them but i am full against to support them against MY NEEDS... so for the second time in five years...

SEE YOU NEXT DECADE ANET

Edited by Reborn.2934
  • Like 1
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

Reborn...i have been upgrading two guilds so far. The current one im upgrading i have to solo farm guild favors to continue the upgrade weekly. Upgrading guild needs aetherium and guild favors which is time gated on top of mats and gold.. each upgrade provide either 35Gxp or 100Gxp (from memory) contribute to the total level of the guild. I hv been solo farming the favors weekly to upgrade the guild because it is easier to do it on my own than to ask others for help. To activate capture camp for your guild, its under wvw upgrade, bare in mind, there's prerequisite for each upgrades eg some upgrades needs another upgrade done before it.. if you are really stuck with this..  i can help you to have a look. I hv accs in NA and EU

In this game, nothing is impossible.  I am mainly a solo player too and lurking around in every game modes.

Happy to assist if you really need it.

Edited by Talindra.4958
to correct spelling error & fix some sentences
  • Like 3

On 8/20/2021 at 3:07 PM, SweetPotato.7456 said:

It is going to get worse for solo players., when alliance starts.

i learned about these upcoming changes and the funny part of that is ALLIANCE was my suggestion in WvW forums before 7-8 years.... 

you can see some of them as quotes from my posts (https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/search/forum/40?page=2&q=Reborn.2934) but i can't find them in the original posts, something that i don't know why it is happening and i don't care (https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/wuv/Ideas-to-revamp-save-WvW)

p.s.  i asked to know where are the requirements that guild npc in game knows and nobody answered where is this list.

this is not something that someone can ignore and tells me why and how they want to run the wvw business . i accepted all these facts and this is why i stopped gw2 for second time in 5 years.

On 8/17/2021 at 5:22 AM, Reborn.2934 said:

sub-question: what are the minimum numbers of players for guild upgrades the stupid guild npc says that the 18 players of the guild is not enough? is that a govt secret?

Are you asking what number of PLAYERS you need to have in a guild to upgrade something?, if so 1. There are ways to accomplish everything solo if you really want to (it's just super grindy and tedious, and no one will recommend doing that). I think someone linked the wiki article earlier in the thread for details.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, joneirikb.7506 said:

Are you asking what number of PLAYERS you need to have in a guild to upgrade something?, if so 1. There are ways to accomplish everything solo if you really want to (it's just super grindy and tedious, and no one will recommend doing that). I think someone linked the wiki article earlier in the thread for details.

I have a solo guild at level 10 (it's gonna shoot to 12 or 13 quite soon) just from half-heartedly doing the easy guild missions every once in a while and throwing in mats when I remember to. There are no member requirements for the upgrades, and the upgrades are how you level up your guild.

I sympathize with OP's desire to play solo, as that's how I spend a lot of my GW2 time. The whole "don't play MMOs if you don't like playing with other people" overlooks the fact that MMOs have other cool attractions (like a persistent world that feels lived in, long-term developer commitment to content updates, etc.) besides interaction with other players. Even aside from other general game features, sometimes a single-player franchise you like just moves to the MMO format. Final Fantasy fans, to play the latest title in the series, are stuck with FFXIV (although FFXV is in the works). Star Wars fans were stuck with SWTOR until fairly recently if they wanted a current Star Wars experience.

That being said, I accept that certain parts of the game are designed for groups, and that if I want to get into them, I have to work with a group. WvW is certainly one of those parts. Sure, I still do solo roaming and camp flipping, but I accept that the mode is fundamentally not designed for that experience.

I still claim camps in solo with my glass cannon thief but you can play WvW in solo easily.

Ask in team chat if there is a commander tag you can join to claim camps, keeps and towers and make a lot of WvW exp or look for a map which has the outnumbered boon and claim camps and kill dolyaks. Meanwhile look for another  guild which is more active in WvW.

This are the best advices I can give you.

Commander tags often dont want solo/roamer/loners in their squad.  

Its beginning to deter me from playing WvW altogether.  Whether Im guilded or not is completely 100% irrelevant.  If I join into WvW on my own without my guild and look for a tag, but the tags either have invite only or boot you because of 'reasons'... Yah, why play WvW?

Keep sticking to your little groups people.  Keep fighting the same guilds over and over.

• Confused 1

45 minutes ago, cesmode.4257 said:

Commander tags often dont want solo/roamer/loners in their squad. 

Ask them if they need a scout and then actually scout. They have 1-2 special shared-participation slots for this purpose, which will give you a cut of the zerg's rewards while you are on the other side of the map doing scout stuff.

But, like I said, the catch is you actually have to scout — watch your structures, watch enemy movement, build defensive siege engines when it's convenient to do so, relay information to the tag as needed.

If you're joining the group and then immediately going off on your own, there's no benefit to having you in squad, not for them, not for you.

Edited by ASP.8093
  • Like 2

12 hours ago, ASP.8093 said:

Ask them if they need a scout and then actually scout. They have 1-2 special shared-participation slots for this purpose, which will give you a cut of the zerg's rewards while you are on the other side of the map doing scout stuff.

Ask 100 commanders and 99 will probably say they rarely if ever use that feature. Or scouts for that matter. Unless they're outside the squad of course. Then they are obligated to scout for the commander.

• Thanks 2

Some statements sound illogical. You come to public game mode and so many "I do not". This is social part of GW2 and you can easily control it. All can be kind, rude, tell you all kind of things. But only you can decide how to react. I roam whole time and never had problems with tags, being outnumbered, corpse jumps, or sieges. Kill/die/respawn/repeat. that's what I do. That's what this game mode is about, and I love it. Class balance? oh no it requires no special balance. Fun sandbox, experiment. WvW is not for everyone and that's how it should be. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

On 8/17/2021 at 4:22 AM, Reborn.2934 said:

Personal
I don't want to speak to other people in any communication server when i am playing my games.
i don't want to listen the problems or other people when i am playing my games.
i don't want to have useless schedules in my life and i really don't want to have schedules for my games something that makes me not joining or trying to upgrade my personal or old guilds.
and
i don't want to take or give orders to other people that most of them are unknown to me

Maybe a mode about "Worlds" in a game called a "Massively Multiplayer" game isn't for you?

I don't want seem insulting, but this attitude doesn't seem very good for the health of the mode.

• Like 3

On 8/16/2021 at 11:22 PM, Reborn.2934 said:

i returned and i enjoined some wvw and i am thinking to stop it again because my old level 3 guild can't claim a... CAMP

i searched why and i saw that someone thought ( probably from the game's dev team ) the claiming of camps is a very serious business...

SERIOUSLY NOW? THE CAMPS? THAT A GLASS CANNON THIEF CAN CLEAN ONE IN 5-10 SECONDS ALONE ?

it seems, someone understood very wrong what we asked before 8 years.

we asked to expand the guild system (as you did), not to make the guild system exclusive for big guilds! also, the hypocrisy of the new guild system is that even someone full upgrades it the thief will continue clean the camp in 5-10 seconds if there is not someone around to defend or pull the defensive systems because and correct they are not automatic!

Personal
I don't want to speak to other people in any communication server when i am playing my games.
i don't want to have useless schedules in my life and i really don't want to have schedules for my games something that makes me not joining or trying to upgrade my personal or old guilds.
and
i don't want to take or give orders to other people that most of them are unknown to me

p.s. the funny part of what i saw after 6 years is that the most of the old players i saw still playing the game were the... roamers . i guess what mechanism they used to remain viable in this unfriendly for roamers new wvw claim system but for obvious reasons i will not write it now and i am old enough to not thinking games like ... a castle to conquer and probable i will quit again than trying upgrading the old guild with tricks.

sub-question: what are the minimum numbers of players for guild upgrades the stupid guild npc says that the 18 players of the guild is not enough? is that a govt secret?

Personal
and
i don't want to take or give orders to other people that most of them are unknown to me.

Sorry My Friend. PvP may be more your play style. WvW is group play that requires Both communication and coordination. It doesnt sound like you are interested in either of those 2 KEY facts. You would really enjoy WvW more if you joined a good guild. You do not have to talk in the voice channels. But listening is a big help and will make your experience a lot better. And heck, ya might even learn something. I know i have.

@Reborn.2934

Since you seem to think linking the wiki was some kind of joke...here's the raw text (from the wiki) of what you need to do to unlock WvW claiming for a guild. There's no requirement for a minimum number of people. Of course, if you just came here to complain about needing to unlock a previously available feature, I can't help you. That ship sailed a long time ago.

"The upgrades listed here are given in the order required to be able to begin to restore all buildings.

1. Register a guild (Guild level 0).
  2. If your guild existed before the release of Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns, speak to a guild registrar to gain a number of free upgrades based on your guild's pre-HoT progress.
  3. Purchasing the location-specific expedition upgrade from one of the Guild Hall Explorers in the Guild Initiative Headquarters (Expedition to the Gilded Hollow, the Lost Precipice or Windswept Haven).
  4. Claim a guild hall by completing the claiming event (reach Guild level 1).
  5. Build a Tavern (Tavern Restoration 1) which enables you to build all other upgrades (reach Guild level 2).
  6. Build a Mine (Mine Excavation 1) to create a supply of Aetherium for your other buildings (reach Guild level 3).
  7. Increase the Aetherium capacity (Aetherium Capacity 1) to acquire enough to build a workshop.
  8. Build a Workshop (Workshop Restoration 1, reach Guild level 4). This is a pre-requisite for restoration of the Arena, Market and War Room. Additionally it unlocks the scribing station for the scribe discipline, and allow your guild members to craft guild-specific items.

Next stepsEdit

From here, the upgrade order is relatively interchangeable.

The War Room Restoration is followed by upgrades to the claim aura and unlocks being able to claim bigger structures. Camps are first so you don't need much progress to enable that kind of claiming (or the +5 functionality).

On 8/24/2021 at 7:33 AM, ASP.8093 said:

Ask them if they need a scout and then actually scout. They have 1-2 special shared-participation slots for this purpose, which will give you a cut of the zerg's rewards while you are on the other side of the map doing scout stuff.

But, like I said, the catch is you actually have to scout — watch your structures, watch enemy movement, build defensive siege engines when it's convenient to do so, relay information to the tag as needed.

If you're joining the group and then immediately going off on your own, there's no benefit to having you in squad, not for them, not for you.

Unfortunately if you try scouting these days there is very little to do. There are no small groups running around anymore due to all the changes promoting blobbing and ruining small group fun. Meaning all you're doing is being a fire alarm on teamchat.

No one is sniping dollies anymore. No one is flipping camps outside dailies. No one is refreshing, building or killing siege because it does nothing. Draining supplies is waste of time. Even objective taggers are nearly extinct, and even if one shows up you cant really chase roaming builds down anymore.

Enemy shows up! Wow! But we have a skirmish scoring system and things upgrade so fast that losing T3 garri doesn't matter. Your commander isn't going to hop to WvW from his Auric Basin farm as it is more important than the fully upgraded garri. It will upgrade back up in 1 hour again. And it applies to every player, even guildies, these days. Objectives are just not valuable anymore.

Overall scouting is so boring these days, just because the game is only blobs or guilds. That is what happens when you kill fair fights and any siege/supply balance while introducing no skill boringbrand and permasuperspeed forcing people to literally 1 playstyle.

Scouting also serves no purpose since relinkings are a thing. You do start doing well as a server? Hey, start over! Good luck, you have new trolls every 2 months and your relied commanders will quit because too many or too little players. And you have absolutely no clue when enemy or friendly server has activity since people and servers move around so much.

Edited by Fatal.1347

15 minutes ago, Fatal.1347 said:

Unfortunately if you try scouting these days there is very little to do. There are no small groups running around anymore due to all the changes promoting blobbing and ruining small group fun. Meaning all you're doing is being a fire alarm on teamchat.

No one is sniping dollies anymore. No one is flipping camps outside dailies. No one is refreshing, building or killing siege because it does nothing. Draining supplies is waste of time. Even objective taggers are nearly extinct, and even if one shows up you cant really chase roaming builds down anymore.

Enemy shows up! Wow! But we have a skirmish scoring system and things upgrade so fast that losing T3 garri doesn't matter. Your commander isn't going to hop to WvW from his Auric Basin farm as it is more important than the fully upgraded garri. It will upgrade back up in 1 hour again. And it applies to every player, even guildies, these days. Objectives are just not valuable anymore.

Overall scouting is so boring these days, just because the game is only blobs or guilds. That is what happens when you kill fair fights and any siege/supply balance while introducing no skill boringbrand and permasuperspeed forcing people to literally 1 playstyle.

Scouting also serves no purpose since relinkings are a thing. You do start doing well as a server? Hey, start over! Good luck, you have new trolls every 2 months and your relied commanders will quit because too many or too little players. And you have absolutely no clue when enemy or friendly server has activity since people and servers move around so much.

I think there should be flagged alliance open world pvp on the normal maps and WvW should be simmered down to like one or two well designed maps that are a broad persistent front to generate more fine tuned meta fights, or basically for the reason everyone prowls around SMC, there are long intense fights there that aren't always the same and terrain and structures are varied. Alliance activity in either area can affect the other so that nothing is entirely neglected. 

Most of WvW just isn't used or cared about currently and the Alliance system alone wont plug those holes. Might as well start bringing the game together for once. 

Edited by kash.9213

1 hour ago, kash.9213 said:

I think there should be flagged alliance open world pvp on the normal maps and WvW should be simmered down to like one or two well designed maps that are a broad persistent front to generate more fine tuned meta fights, or basically for the reason everyone prowls around SMC, there are long intense fights there that aren't always the same and terrain and structures are varied. Alliance activity in either area can affect the other so that nothing is entirely neglected. 

Most of WvW just isn't used or cared about currently and the Alliance system alone wont plug those holes. Might as well start bringing the game together for once. 

Yea I like idea of flagging in PvP on normal maps, that would be nice. Maybe it is too late in the games life though and better idea is introducing some "PvE" maps where PvP is always active but has some of the best loots and dungeons in the game with no waypoints and only friendlies being people in party/squad.  The items earned on that map could even drop when killed until entering non-PvP zone and making them permanent.

Hopefully EoD will have something like that. After all Cantha had faction wars even in GW1.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Fatal.1347 said:

Yea I like idea of flagging in PvP on normal maps, that would be nice. Maybe it is too late in the games life though and better idea is introducing some "PvE" maps where PvP is always active but has some of the best loots and dungeons in the game with no waypoints and only friendlies being people in party/squad.  The items earned on that map could even drop when killed until entering non-PvP zone and making them permanent.

Hopefully EoD will have something like that. After all Cantha had faction wars even in GW1.

I'd rather have a full open pvp server but I like that high risk and reward approach to filling bags. Having them be permanent if you can get to a safe zone might be the thing that finally gets me to join squads and groups like I'd have to in some older games. 

• Like 1

Still awaiting the HUD + Commander Radial UI/UX upgrades as it will help better the team-up experience for players of all levels:

• When map population is low: system auto-prompt high rank players to become commanders
  • Radial/Hud similar to Apex or Battlefield for quick in-game commands (for those that don't use actual voice-comm)
  • Ability for commanders to assign "Squad leads" with numbers as sub-tags for a subgroup of say 5 players (allows micro-management + strategies)
  • When a commander leaves (has to eat/sleep), system auto-assigns/prompts a high-rank player or Squad lead to take over as commander
  • Alternative when commander leaves, 'keep' the current squad leader tag numbers (squad can still run tagless) just so the squad won't disappear & map becomes empty
  • "Looking for Group" function needs overhaul (encourage team-ups) depending on map/player numbers/statuses
  • Color coding of subgroups (5-players for example) inside the same 50-man squad, the Asia version of gw2 had 'pink names' in order to differentiate a subgroup from the main group (blue names), maybe that can be enabled/borrowed?
  • GW1 Alliance battles always standardized gear stats + player numbers for a fair match, guessing GW2 can't since PvE gear is for monetization

Reference below of a old battlefield game, all the functions honestly are all there:

Edited by Woop S.7851

7 hours ago, saerni.2584 said:

@Reborn.2934

Since you seem to think linking the wiki was some kind of joke...here's the raw text (from the wiki) of what you need to do to unlock WvW claiming for a guild. There's no requirement for a minimum number of people. Of course, if you just came here to complain about needing to unlock a previously available feature, I can't help you. That ship sailed a long time ago.

"The upgrades listed here are given in the order required to be able to begin to restore all buildings.

1. Register a guild (Guild level 0).
  2. If your guild existed before the release of Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns, speak to a guild registrar to gain a number of free upgrades based on your guild's pre-HoT progress.
  3. Purchasing the location-specific expedition upgrade from one of the Guild Hall Explorers in the Guild Initiative Headquarters (Expedition to the Gilded Hollow, the Lost Precipice or Windswept Haven).
  4. Claim a guild hall by completing the claiming event (reach Guild level 1).
  5. Build a Tavern (Tavern Restoration 1) which enables you to build all other upgrades (reach Guild level 2).
  6. Build a Mine (Mine Excavation 1) to create a supply of Aetherium for your other buildings (reach Guild level 3).
  7. Increase the Aetherium capacity (Aetherium Capacity 1) to acquire enough to build a workshop.
  8. Build a Workshop (Workshop Restoration 1, reach Guild level 4). This is a pre-requisite for restoration of the Arena, Market and War Room. Additionally it unlocks the scribing station for the scribe discipline, and allow your guild members to craft guild-specific items.

Next stepsEdit

From here, the upgrade order is relatively interchangeable.

The War Room Restoration is followed by upgrades to the claim aura and unlocks being able to claim bigger structures. Camps are first so you don't need much progress to enable that kind of claiming (or the +5 functionality).

No, the wiki is not a joke, it is a Huge Joke !!!

Why ?

Because when the game says you can upgrade your guild via any type of guild missions and it categorize these missions to 3 types as the types of the game (pve, pvp and wvw) and you choose a guild mission in wvw

Every WVW Mission asks for.. Capture an objective and then... CLAIM , and then Hold it for x time

How Can i finished the missions if my guilds (1 is lvl 1 , 2 are level 0 and 1 is level 3) CAN'T CLAIM OBJECTIVES ?

this is what i said from the 1st post and it seems nobody understood it

IT'S A HUGE JOKE ASKING TO ACCOMPLISH WvW GUILD MISSIONS WITHOUT GIVING CLAIM ABILITY, EVEN AS A TEMPORARY ABILITY DURING THE GUILD MISSION!!!

cappicci now?

p.s. i tried for almost 1 week in-game with all the guilds in a row and then i decided to make the thread post but it seems even it is still in front page of wvw nobody has understand what they have done with wvw missions and the claim system.

Thank you for the time you spent to explain but here we have another problem. this system is for years and it seems nobody cares about the roamers even they are the majority of players that still playing gw2 from the start as i saw when i returned!

Edited by Reborn.2934
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1