Something needs to be done about SoS ocx/sea

Celtika.8234

Don't hate the player/s, hate the game.  I have been saying since release that they need fluctuating map queues to reduce map caps when the population was lower.  It may or may not be the best solution, but it would help alot and it is a solution.  As an OCX player I don't like playing on the side that has overwhelmingly larger numbers.  So I have become accustomed to solo roaming and being as effective and efficient as I can at that.  But it has always made OCX a more valuable timezone than other timezones to have coverage.

On 8/18/2021 at 12:43 PM, Shinjiko.1352 said:

WvW would be much better if the NA/ EU erver divide was not there as all timezones would be more equal. However due to ping etc that will never be the case.

Me running on 250 ping and still able to dodge blob bombs on time
On 250 ping still manages to get to Platinum in PvP

If NA and EU merged the ping will be universal for all players, new PvP ranking positions will be made because everybody now has equal ground on pings.

If only GW2 has better netcode same as Battlefield

Edited by Norbe.7630

20 minutes ago, Coldtart.4785 said:

If we had NA players that weren't deathly afraid of being in any tier higher than t4 or a link with some more NA players we wouldn't have this problem because our OCX pop doesn't break the game in t1.

Sos is very high and was full for a long time. No guild wants to pay to transfer to a expensive server to carry a garbage NA. 

• Like 1

To be fair, SoS did have NA before they all x-fered off, which led to the pop dropping low enough for it to open combined with the increase in server size. 

Plus, its easier on SoS, as you know you can play with ocx and have tons of ocx fights for a lot of the night these days, lot of players have come back and we do a lot of pvp all day long on the server. Playing on SoS it feels like these misconceptions started years ago and have been kept even if things have changed. We got hundreds of kills in my last ocx run on SoS. Too many old wvw vets that don't know how to let go of grudges it seems. 

And with alliances you will want ocx guilds in your alliance, fully stacking 500 Australia players or 500 NA players means you will always lose one side of the coin, every single day. 

Edited by Gorem.8104
  • Like 1

I moved my guild to SoS many years ago when it was on ‘High’ pop status. Moved off after a couple years due to the toxicity during OCX time with the pugs being anti-fight. The toxic whispers get tiring to deal with

Yes, SoS OCX needs to be broken up, but it needs guilds to move there to recruit their players away from the server

On 9/26/2021 at 10:35 AM, Terrier.8732 said:

As Alliances progress, smart alliances will probably look at recruiting guilds [OCX??] that fill a timeslot as part of the "coverage" for that alliance. Surely that would balance the situation out?

Exactly. There's really no point to argue right now, with alliances you need people in all timezones for it to work. Stack NA and you have que's then lose everything during offpeak including the players you do have in those times 

On 9/25/2021 at 5:35 PM, Terrier.8732 said:

As Alliances progress, smart alliances will probably look at recruiting guilds [OCX??] that fill a timeslot as part of the "coverage" for that alliance. Surely that would balance the situation out?

Yep, the smarter alliances will form for coverage over hand-holding.