Willbender Feedback Thread

Fire Attunement.9835

Most everyone else is hitting the same grievences that I will be too.
The new virtues have nice looking but awful feeling animations that break the flow of combat, to the point where I'd just like core guard's virtues back please. The traits look worse than they play,

but still feel tied too heavily to a certain style of play that doesn't synergize too well with the rest of the guard's kit. The cc utility abilities are too weak and would feel better as just more damage/utility.

I like a couple of the new damaging utilities and the sword offhand.

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Ragnar.4257 said:

Oh, you have a 3 second single-target CC on your elite? Oh, here, I have a 3 second AoE CC on shroud.

Oh, you have a 450 range dash? Oh, here, I have a 900 range leap that also evades and CCs and damage.

Oh, you can stack 2 boons? Oh, here, I have all of the boons.

With 35k HP -_-

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

ofhand sword should be about cc not damage.

make skill 5 be a range sword slash that knocks its enemy down.

the current skill looks very weird with a scepter

f2 should just dash you it shouldn't be an ground targeted skill... the line ground target skill in general do not feel good.

more range on the virtue skill in general.. 600 at minimum

i like evertyhing else.. 

Wait.. can we have a trait that makes the staff melee range in this spec.

just use that old animation 

• Confused 3

2 minutes ago, Artyport.2084 said:

the current skill looks very weird with a scepter

f2 should just dash you it shouldn't be an ground targeted skill... the line ground target skill in general do not feel good.

more range on the virtue skill in general.. 600 at minimum

i like evertyhing else.. 

Wait.. can we have a trait that makes the staff melee range in this spec.

just use that old animation 

...wtf are you talking about?

This kit would have no damage if off hand sword doesn't do damage, right now offhand sword needs *MORE* damage, or quicker damage, on top of its current utility.

And staff is strictly a support weapon, this is a duelist spec

"I like everything else" told me all I needed to know, you don't even play this class do you.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Diswan.8156 said:

Phoenix protocol:

Great idea but it only really works with a lot of targets, the healing removal of resolve is a very big hit to sustain which is not compensated enough i would think. 

I find some interactions between traits very off putting... Phoenix Protocol encourages you to stay as long as you can in F2 to gain Alacrity and get max healing over time... but as the same time, if you want to maximise how quickly your virtues recharge, you have Restorative virtues which acts as the exact opposite, encouraging you to quickly shift from one to another to maximise the CD recharge while getting boons for entering the virtues...

I've tested both the traits enabled and just Phoenix Protocol alone (and another Master trait like Vanguard Tactics) and I couldn't see a real difference between Alacrity maxed out if staying all the time in F2 or just spamming the 3 virtues pretty much on CD... which seems kind of odd ?

So far I've found it works better if opening a fight on F3 to gain some stab + aegis, then drop symbols / consecrations for max virtue ticks while switching to F1 and then F2 (if Restorative Virtues is selected), or going directly for F2 to get max Alacrity and get F3 back as soon as possible..

But nonetheless the traits seem to interact in a counterintuitive way...

Edited by Neva Eilhart.5347
  • Like 2

This is strictly speaking in terms of spvp:

Virtues:  Range feels too short and while very beautiful animations attached, I still don't feel as fast is I thought I'd be.  Also, the benefit gained from the new virtues doesn't add up to what core or dh offer, not even close.  Also, the cd's are way too long for skills that are purely selfish.

Also, needing 5 hits per effect vs the what the other specs offer feel VERY weak.

Sword Off-hand:  Executioner's calling feels VERY clunky, especially since it you have to be in melee range to pull it off, vs. say Death Strike on Revenant that is a port + high-damage vs just damage.  

Traits:

Adept Majors:

All of them are very boring, uninteresting and very weak.

Master Majors:

Both Restorative Virtue's and Holy Reckoning are also very weak in terms of providing any benefit.  The dmg bonus on Reckoning feels slapped on there for no reason since the damage is insignificant at first.  

Grand Master Majors:  

- Phoenix Protocol:  The amount of self-alacrity gained was too short.

- Tyrant's Momentum:  Shouldn't reduce the duration of tempo.

-  Deathless Courage:  No comment.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Artyport.2084 said:

No, the spec is a glass cannon. As it is the class isn't doing enough damage. You can slap a wb down in a few hits, it needs to be able to do the same to its opposition.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Gwaihir.1745 said:

No, the spec is a glass cannon. As it is the class isn't doing enough damage. You can slap a wb down in a few hits, it needs to be able to do the same to its opposition.

sorry nothing about this spec says glass cannon to me.. its fast n has heavy cc .. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 5

1 minute ago, Gwaihir.1745 said:

I mean his (or her) feedback reads like someone that picked up Guardian yesterday, made a character and decided the new animations looked pretty and that's about it.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

2 minutes ago, Darknicrofia.2604 said:

I mean his (or her) feedback reads like someone that picked up Guardian yesterday, made a character and decided the new animations looked pretty and that's about it.

guardian and mesmer are my main..

i dont play the same modes as you and pvp/raiders shouldnt be the only people who get to give feedback..

now... go give your feedback and stop trying to make people feel bad for having different opinions than you do..

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Artyport.2084 said:

how do you know its pvp.. did the devs say that.. is it labled pvp? 

you dont think people are going to want to play this in pve?

all you care about is pvp. GREAT. GIVE YOUR feedback... 

i wanna play this in pve.. just for fun.. and my opinion is just as valid as your now go sit your litte behind down somewhere.

Lmao you're literally asking a spec that is revealed as a duelist and has been mentioned in the stream has a bruiser "how do you know its pvp"?

• Haha 1
  • Confused 2

I am trying to understand what off-hand sword actually does for a Guardian. With which other weapon I would like to pair it with?
The obvious answer is: with main-hand sword.

But...it doesn't do anything really that would make main-hand sword better...I mean, main-hand sword itself is just lacking a lot.
One would think that off-hand sword would bring higher dmg - it doesn't really, or at least add some defensive mechanics - it doesn't really...so, what do I use it for? For a dash that I don't really need?

I do have wish changes! 
Executioner's Calling - on a strike, gain Quickness - yes, copy the Warrior's Dual Strike axe skill. With Quickness our main-hand sword would actually become a stronger weapon - its auto-attacks, as well as  Zealot's Defense! I would also like it if it would daze for 1/4 sec just so it could also be used as an interrupt.
Advancing Strike - instead of immobilize inflict cripple so we can actually stick to our target cuz no matter how much mobility once has, if there are no cripple or chilled it doesn't really matter. Also, it should have the F2's evade.

Now, RoF healing skill reminds me of Warrior's Full Counter - in PvE mobs just won't attack you while you are using...and that is just annoying. Remove that behavior from mobs, it is not a good game design.

Rushing Justice is clunky, locks you into a place, and only 450 range. Also, gives nothing really...maybe swiftness, unless you pair it with other traits so you gain might, blind and resolution too. Very lacking effect and it doesn't even give Light Aura.

Other 2 Virtues are fine by me.

Oh ye, also, Right-Hand Strength doesn't lower cooldown of off-hand sword abilities! Who decided that? Come on now... 🙂

And yeah, utility skills and traits are just lacking a lot. Instead of Healing Power for Conceited Curate it could have been heal for X on attack while in Virtue of Resolve with 1-2 seconds cooldown, to remove the need for 5 attacks.

Overall, it needs more work, but something is there!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Darknicrofia.2604 said:

Lmao you're literally asking a spec that is revealed as a duelist and has been mentioned in the stream has a bruiser "how do you know its pvp"?

mesmer has a complete skill line called duelist.. and its used in a lot of pve builds...

your really think they design whole specs with no intention of people playing them in pve? get it a grip..

• Like 3
  • Confused 2

47 minutes ago, Lord Trejgon.2809 said:

I would not exactly say that it has no redeeming factors, but it is indeed hampered by it's issues that's for sure.

Its redeeming factors are being gatekept by the ridiculous design decisions. Its like anet said guardian can have mobility, but between every movement skill and the actual attack, we are going to root the guardian for 1/2 second and then perform the attack. Even sword 4 somehow got this with a super long delay after landing the initial attack. The gimmick to sword 4 was supposed to be hard to land initial attack, not land it and then @#$%^&* track them for 2 more seconds until the crosscut executes. We wont talk about the mediocre damage on it yet because they have way too much to fix already.

• Like 3

The sword main-hand doesn't flow with the sword off-hand for the willbender theme IMO. Doesn't feel complete, as compared to the Shiro set on rev.

1.  Main and off-hand sword skills feel like two different play styles.

2. The icon stylization difference between main and off-hand sword skills bothers me.

IMO, soul beast did a good job making the new dagger main-hand and old dagger off-hand function nicely together. Maybe look to that for inspiration. 

now that I think about it, main-hand sword should really be re-worked. I don't see the purpose of dual swords otherwise. 

Edited by Eric.7813
  • Like 6
  • Confused 1

5 minutes ago, Artyport.2084 said:

guardian and mesmer are my main..

i dont play the same modes as you and pvp/raiders shouldnt be the only people who get to give feedback..

now... go give your feedback and stop trying to make people feel bad for having different opinions than you do..

If all you're doing is roleplaying and open world pve then the feedback you have to give doesn't really carry any weight in regards to balance and fixing the class. It only deals with your fantasy of the class. If that's how you play the game that's fine, but there's nothing about those activities that requires any feedback because you can clear it all just by using auto attack and dodge. Like it or not, feedback from pvp and raids is what matters when it comes to getting actual usable specializations.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

Just now, Eric.7813 said:

The sword main-hand doesn't flow with the sword off-hand or the willbender theme IMO. Doesn't feel complete, as compared to the Shiro set on rev.

1.  Main and off-hand sword skills feel like two different play styles.

2. The icon stylization difference between main and off-hand sword skills bothers me.

IMO, soul beast did a good job making the new dagger main-hand and old dagger off-hand function nicely together. Maybe look to that for inspiration. 

The OF sword skills seem designed for an entirely different class, in fact it probably functions more fluidly on Rev than it does on Guard.

That's what it feels like for a majority of the skills, nothing from any of the base Guardian weapons/traits really synergize at all with any of the WB traits/utilities, in fact in some instances they actively contradict each other. On top of the clunky animation delays it just feels and plays like a badly thought out mashup.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

5 minutes ago, Srolo.5208 said:

If all you're doing is roleplaying and open world pve then the feedback you have to give doesn't really carry any weight in regards to balance and fixing the class. It only deals with your fantasy of the class. If that's how you play the game that's fine, but there's nothing about those activities that requires any feedback because you can clear it all just by using auto attack and dodge. Like it or not, feedback from pvp and raids is what matters when it comes to getting actual usable specializations.

Pretty sure the dev who posted this didn’t say anything about only raiders and pvpers posting their feedback… no she didn’t. Y’all need to get off your high horse… because they’re are way more players like me in this game then raiders and pvpers.. 

• Like 5