Willbender Bug Thread

Fire Attunement.9835

Willbender doesn't appear to have passive effects associated with virtues, either in the tooltip, or in the combat log, even though the tooltip for Lethal Tempo suggests that virtue passives should still trigger.   Also, the Virtues specialization tree has a couple traits related to the Virtue of Resolve passive, so it's unclear what these traits are supposed to do if Virtues no longer have passive effects, so I'm guessing the removal of Virtue passives is unintended.

2 hours ago, Benkorah.6048 said:

Willbender doesn't appear to have passive effects associated with virtues, either in the tooltip, or in the combat log, even though the tooltip for Lethal Tempo suggests that virtue passives should still trigger.   Also, the Virtues specialization tree has a couple traits related to the Virtue of Resolve passive, so it's unclear what these traits are supposed to do if Virtues no longer have passive effects, so I'm guessing the removal of Virtue passives is unintended.

The removal of constant passives is intended, the devs talked about that on the livestream. Instead of constantly having a passive while not on cooldown, the new virtues provide a passive effect for a duration after activation (stance-like behavior), with effects triggered on each 5th strike.  Lethal tempo is talking about this temporary passive effect. Battle Presence still gives the original Virtue of Resolve passive constantly to allies, which is a bit strange, but not a big problem. As Virtue 3 no longer has passive ticks based on a time interval, the Indomitable Courage trait loses a part of its original effect, but most of it still applies.

31 minutes ago, gelnor.9265 said:

The removal of constant passives is intended, the devs talked about that on the livestream. Instead of constantly having a passive while not on cooldown, the new virtues provide a passive effect for a duration after activation (stance-like behavior), with effects triggered on each 5th strike.  Lethal tempo is talking about this temporary passive effect. Battle Presence still gives the original Virtue of Resolve passive constantly to allies, which is a bit strange, but not a big problem. As Virtue 3 no longer has passive ticks based on a time interval, the Indomitable Courage trait loses a part of its original effect, but most of it still applies.

Well, there are certain traits that are based purely on passive which now doesn't make sense. For example Purity of Body - minor GM trait from Honor says that passive from resolve also regenerate endurance which isn't reflected anywhere at all and I believe the effect is gone. Which I believe - should be at least recompensated.

For example - Battle Presence which also affects resolve passive have explicitly stated on the tooltip that for Willbender the healing gets applied everytime when the Resolve effect is triggered from Willbender Flames.

2 hours ago, Jagoten.9254 said:

Well, there are certain traits that are based purely on passive which now doesn't make sense. For example Purity of Body - minor GM trait from Honor says that passive from resolve also regenerate endurance which isn't reflected anywhere at all and I believe the effect is gone. Which I believe - should be at least recompensated.

For example - Battle Presence which also affects resolve passive have explicitly stated on the tooltip that for Willbender the healing gets applied everytime when the Resolve effect is triggered from Willbender Flames.

When you have Purity of Body equipped, the Flowing Resolve (F2) buff description changes from "Consecutive attacks grant regenerative effects." to "15% Endurance Regeneration" and from what I can tell, it is working.

I also thought Lethal Tempo's stacking buff would affect conditions, but it's strike damage only.

Edited by Rsouls.8931

Rushing Justice + Inspired Virtues:
The boons from Inspired Virtues work as intended when using Flowing Resolve and Crashing Courage (grant yourself and allies 5s of regeneration/protection). Rushing Justice, however, has the following odd effect: If the leap from the skill reaches an enemy and the final attack hits then the normal 3 stacks of might for 5s are applied. But if there is no near enemy to attack the end of the leap will grant 6 stacks of might for 5s for you and allies, as if the effect of Inspired Virtues hits twice. Oddly enough only ONE stack of Lethal Tempo is applied, implying that the effect did not trigger twice.

Rushing Justice + Justice is Blind:
If the leap from Rushing Justice does not reach an enemy and the final attack is not triggered this trait will do nothing, no blind on nearby foes and no light aura. If the final attack hits then the blindness is applied but still no light aura.

Indomitable Courage:

The effect that grants the passive aegis in a shorter interval seems to do nothing as a Willbender.

Battle Presence:

The extra tooltip for the Willbender states that you “heal allies when your Resolve effect triggers” but nothing happens when an ally is nearby with less than 100% health, and you trigger the 5 hit effect of Resolve after activating it. So this trait only grants the original Virtue of Resolve passive effect to allies.

• Like 2

A lot of things associated with the new virtues seems to not work well or work at all depending on what you’re trying to do with them. I know they technically work differently than any of the prior iterations of virtues, but there seems to be a lot of traits that just straight up don’t work at all with the new virtues. I don’t feel like that’s intended, and if it is……well, then that pigeonholes Willbender extremely hard into fewer available builds. Which sucks.

• Like 2

Rushing Justice often fails to punch and is clunky, run to the target, wait a second and then punch.

Video of Justice failing the attack on golems twice.

https://youtu.be/mcO0H37T9NM

Reversal of Fortune can be interrupted - then no heal happens, surely this is a bug. The skill should block the interrupt and heal?

Roiling Light often fails to make the second attack - Quick Retribution (you leap but no attack is made - damage and Daze don't hit) even when used within range.

Indomitable Courage - Breaks Stun but doesn't apply the Stability until you complete the shadowstep, so you can be CC'd and fail the cast or the shadowstep - same kind of issue as Shield of Courage used to have, it needs to instantly apply Stability.

+ the improved passive is wasted.

Justice is Blind doesn't give a Light Aura.

Absolute Resolution changes all the tooltips for F2 back to default and it's unclear if all the movement condi cleanse is removed or not.

• Like 1

On 8/17/2021 at 7:02 AM, Fire Attunement.9835 said:

If something is obviously not working as intended–if skills and traits don’t work as expected from the descriptions or if they don’t interact with core traits as expected–let us know here!

If you want to share feedback on how the willbender plays, talk to us in the feedback thread!

Date: 8.18.2021

Profession: Willbender

Trait-lines:

Virtues -> Permeating Wrath
(The passive effect of Virtue skill 1 triggers more quickly and now burns in an area)

Mechanic:

Willbender -> Rushing Justice description: "Virtue. Rush toward your target and gain Justice delivering a strike and emanating Willbender Flames. Removes other active Virtue effects."

Gamemode: PvP (not sure if this is true in PvE or WvW)

Weapons tested with: staff, swords, focus, torch, mace, shield

Result: All players currently entering PvP combat with this trait equipped are handicapped
Scenario: Permeating Wrath under the virtues trait-line when selected/equipped does not trigger passive burning when only spamming skill 1 of any weapon, where no virtues were previously pressed/activated

Edited by Woop S.7851

My error if it has been mentioned. 

I play with Snap Ground Target to Current Target ON. F2 and F3 have ground target icons on their skill buttons. F2 and F3 activation does not result in rushing to my target but instead to my mouse location. Is this intended behaviour?

Question and/or BUG with certain rune and Elite Skill for Willbender.

Question, do Runes(in bank) in the account-copy for beta chars work on beta chars? I Think they do but...

(BUG)-
Basically the rune of citadel bonus (6) does not work with the elite skill for willbender: Heaven's Palm.. There is no artillery strike shown or given...

I know this is a minor issue/bug, and probly a lot of runes don't even work properly for now.

I originally posted here(below) until I found out about the feedback/bug threads which is why I'm here.
"
Small Bug(Rune)- Willbender (Rune of Citadel + Elite skill)
"

if I had to guess the elite skill takes a while and has lengthy animation to it which is why it's not working?
OH, also I remembered just now, showing a friend, on a beta char- The artillery strike works when switching to a core elite skill Feel my wrath... 

Thank in advance Devs / Staff.

Trait: Radiance -> Justice is Blind
(Gain a light aura and blind nearby foes when you activate Virtue skill 1)

Notes: Light aura does not trigger when Virtue skill 1 is pressed (applies to both combat + out-of-combat state of character), only the 'blindness' triggers (works)

Edited by Woop S.7851
  • Like 1

Trait: Willbender -> Lethal Tempo

(Each time you activate a virtue or your virtue's passives are triggered, gain a damage bonus. Gaining stacks of this boon refreshes other stacks)

Mechanics affected: F1 Rushing Justice, F2 Flowing Resolve, F3 Crashing Courage

Notes: Lethal Tempo stacks correctly upon activating virtues, the description says it can also be triggered by the 3 virtues' "Passives", however currently all 3 Virtues' passives mechanics (F1, F2, F3) does not trigger (tested for both in and out of combat), is this by design or a glitch? And with no passives active, certain of the Guardian "Virtues" trait-line such as Permeating Wrath has been affected heavily.

Edited by Woop S.7851
  • Like 1
  • Confused 2

Mechanics: Virtues' 'Passive' effects

Sigils affected: Sigil of AirSigil of Fire

(Unleash a lightning strike upon critically hitting a foe; Trigger a flame blast with a 240 radius upon critically hitting a foe)

Mechanics affected: (F1) Rushing Justice

Gamemode: PvE, WvW

Weapons tested with: all weapons
Notes: Currently all 3 Virtues' passives mechanics (F1, F2, F3) does not trigger (tested for both in and out of combat), if a player has either 'Sigil of Air' or 'Sigil of Fire' added to their weapons, the burning effect (passive) from (F1) Rushing Justice will not Proc/trigger on enemy target, rendering the 2 sigil upgrades useless

• Like 1

Trait: Virtues -> Unscathed Contender
(Strike damage dealt is increased while you have aegis, Damage Increase: 20%)

Weapons tested with: All
Notes: When aegis is received (in or out-of-combat) by the character, the damage modifier (+20%) either is active in the background & not displayed properly Or the effect did not trigger at all when Aegis is applied

Observation: As guardian has many traits + skills that applies 'Aegis', it may explain why damage output is lacking

3 hours ago, Woop S.7851 said:

Trait: Willbender -> Lethal Tempo

(Each time you activate a virtue or your virtue's passives are triggered, gain a damage bonus. Gaining stacks of this boon refreshes other stacks)

Mechanics affected: F1 Rushing Justice, F2 Flowing Resolve, F3 Crashing Courage

Notes: Lethal Tempo stacks correctly upon activating virtues, the description says it can also be triggered by the 3 virtues' "Passives", however currently all 3 Virtues' passives mechanics (F1, F2, F3) does not trigger (tested for both in and out of combat), is this by design or a glitch? And with no passives active, certain of the Guardian "Virtues" trait-line such as Permeating Wrath has been affected heavily.

Please actually watch the dev stream for Willbender to better understand the class and avoid making daft posts about mechanics not working that are not intended to work with this Elite.

Also, your post about Power of the Virtuous is erroneous, it does grant Condition Damage as 13% of Vitality.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2