Willbender Bug Thread

Fire Attunement.9835

1 hour ago, Ezrael.6859 said:

Please actually watch the dev stream for Willbender to better understand the class and avoid making daft posts about mechanics not working that are not intended to work with this Elite.

Also, your post about Power of the Virtuous is erroneous, it does grant Condition Damage as 13% of Vitality.

Power of the Virtuous
You are correct, it does affect condition damage, not power, I must've mis-looked, corrected above 😅

For Lethal Tempo however:

It's locked/located under the Willbender trait-line, description reads:
"Each time you activate a virtue or your virtue's passives are triggered, gain a damage bonus. Gaining stacks of this boon refreshes other stacks."

• So to 'Activate' the 3 'Passives' (F1 Rushing Justice, F2 Flowing Resolve, and F3 Crashing Courage), a player needs to manually 'Activate' virtues F1, F2, F3 first? (On button?) 🤣
  • In other words, each of the three passives now have a independent duration (around 6+ seconds)? And are locked behind 'Actives' (F1,F2,F3) consisting of a recharge time (12, 20, 30 seconds)?
  • Would that mean if Permeating Wrath (3 hit trigger to burn) is equipped, it will also now be limited to a 6-second duration-cap when F1 is pressed? And it'd be effective only when F1 makes contact with target? On top of that, there's the recharge time for F1( 12+ seconds)
  • Ah oh, better save my Firebrand's gear set just incase...
  • *Please correct me incase I overlooked anything, thanks! 😁
Edited by Woop S.7851
  • Thanks 1

Not sure if this is  a bug or an intended part but after using [Flash Combo] if I immediately use [Symbol of Blades] it cancels [Repose] also if running away form a monster while looking at them and using [Flash Combo] it will not activate [Repose]. These  are the 2 that I have confirmed by testing servile times.
I have noticed a few times when using Great sword it does same thing but did not repeat ever time in the testing.

4 hours ago, Woop S.7851 said:

Power of the Virtuous
You are correct, it does affect condition damage, not power, I must've mis-looked, corrected above 😅

For Lethal Tempo however:

It's locked/located under the Willbender trait-line, description reads:
"Each time you activate a virtue or your virtue's passives are triggered, gain a damage bonus. Gaining stacks of this boon refreshes other stacks."

• So to 'Activate' the 3 'Passives' (F1 Rushing Justice, F2 Flowing Resolve, and F3 Crashing Courage), a player needs to manually 'Activate' virtues F1, F2, F3 first? (On button?) 🤣
  • In other words, each of the three passives now have a independent duration (around 6+ seconds)? And are locked behind 'Actives' (F1,F2,F3) consisting of a recharge time (12, 20, 30 seconds)?
  • Would that mean if Permeating Wrath (3 hit trigger to burn) is equipped, it will also now be limited to a 6-second duration-cap when F1 is pressed? And it'd be effective only when F1 makes contact with target? On top of that, there's the recharge time for F1( 12+ seconds)
  • Ah oh, better save my Firebrand's gear set just incase...
  • *Please correct me incase I overlooked anything, thanks! 😁

Yes, there is something really wrong with the passives.  Zealous Scepter is not working and it seems that it's because the passive of Rushing Justice is not triggered.  🤣  No burn, no might, nothing 😅

Not a bug but a translation error: Willbender is translated to "Willensverdreher" ingame but named "Willensbeuger" on the website. Lingualistically, "-beuger" is probably more accurate considering "verdrehen" or "drehen" is closer to "twist". However, if thats the thematical intention, it still kinda works.

Anywho... as a wise woman once said: "I'm not a scientist."

Edited by Xaylin.1860

Tooltip error: when traiting both Virtue of Resolution and Vanguard Tactics, the tooltip does not stack the durations of the resolution boon (e.g. if they are both supposed to give 4s, the tooltip only shows 4s and not 8s). The correct duration applies, so the issue is only the with the tooltip.

Trait error: when traiting Justice is Blind, the trait and tooltip both indicate you will receive Light Aura (4s), but it does not apply when activating Virtue 1.

General suggestion: it'd be helpful if the tooltip for Willbender Flames (and/or the description for Willbender Training) more clearly explained the "triggering/passive" mechanics of the willbender flames - I think this would help resolve a lot of these uncertainties about what is and isn't supposed to be proccing, how other "virtue passive" traits are supposed to interact etc.  

So after two days of goofing around with Willbender I've noticed these few bugs: 

Restorative Virtues does not properly reduce the cooldown of Crashing Courage. (At least when traited with Indomitable Courage.)

Battle Presence does not heal allies whenever Flowing Resolve's passive effect is going off. (Instead it just passive regenerates health to allies like core Resolve does.) 

Absolute Resolve does not improve Flowing Resolve's passive effect, appears to bug out the tooltip to show the original Resolve, but cleanses the additional conditions correctly. (I know the passive effect would be hard to improve with traits like Phoenix Protocol, but I figure there could be a way?)

Reversal of Fortune appears to have an issue where if the initial hit is blocked by Aegis, it'll continue to zero-out damage for the remainder of the cast, or immediately end and not grant any additional healing. I figure the fix to this would be to make it so it prioritizes the heal over Aegis block.

Unsure if it's a bug or just how you have set they priority of the skill in correlation to others but "Reversal of Fortune" doesn't activate if you block an attack if you have any other form of block on you. So if you have Aegis or focus "5" around you "Reversal of Fortune" will not work. Plus "Reversal of Fortune" should not be interruptible since it's another form of block.

Like title says.  I have a willbender with Boon Pact, Restorative Virtues, and Phoenix Protocol active.  If the Absolute Resolve in Virtues is activated the tooltip for Resolve stops showing condition removal, alacrity, Regeneration, and Resolution.  I think Resolve still works as intended tho.  And after activating Resolve with Absolute Resolve the tooltip fixes itself.

Flowing Resolve - Heal value doesn't match tooltip.

Standard tooltip indicates 716 heal with 0 healing power, but it actually heals for 652 (Around 10% lower).

This deficit continues as you add healing power and the healing scales up, the actual heal is always around 10% lower than the tooltip.

Activating Rushing Justice doesn't have the Justice flames proc initially ready, I think it should be ready to proc on the next hit. 

The visual of Justice flames should be added back to the UI when active.

Activating Flowing Resolve doesn't give an initial heal, I think it should give an initial heal when it first grants the buff.

A visual indicator of flowing water could appear above the weapon UI like original Justice flames also.

Crashing Courage could also have a UI component added above the weapon skills also.

Tyrant's Momentum (gm major 2) is currently double-dipping, though it's sort of fine for PvE balance.

By default, Lethal Tempo (gm minor) is an additive damage mod of 3% per stack, up to a total of 15% (additive with other additive mods such as frost spirit, sigil of force, etc.). When you slot Tyrant's Momentum, this 15% becomes 25%, AND your damage is multiplied by an additional 1.1.

The net result is that these two traits are boosting the Virtue build's damage by ~28%, which is only a little bit higher than the "expected" 25% if it were a multiplicative trait in the first place.

If the trait is changed to be multiplicative instead of additive, it would drop the Virtues build from ~42k to ~41k, and would fix this unintended behavior.

(P.S. pls make it apply to condis too pls pls pls i beg. hybrid wb is ridiculously satisfying to play, and would give guardian a "selfish" condi build to go along with the more supportive firebrand one)

Edit: Narrowed it down. It's giving a bonus 1.1x mult against chilled targets.

Edited by cat.8975
  • Like 1

Rushing Justice (punch portion of the f1) is hitting 50% harder than it should based on tooltips. Instead of a 0.4 coefficient using current weapon (as tooltip would suggest), it seems to be using 0.6 instead.

Additionally, the tooltip for Willbender Flames suggests that it's using the weapon strength of your equipped weapon, but the damage pulses are using the "base" value instead (690.5 @ level 80).

Edited by cat.8975

I got a question for you guys did you guys manage to figure out a way to make willbender work in pve? i didn't do the kind of extensive work you guys did.

I'l admit that the performance i did with mindbender could have very well been a combination of lack of knowledge of guardian combined with a new spec i was even less knowledgeable about.

Edited by Axl.8924

Visual example of two Willbender bugs - the heal and Rushing Justice

Reversal of Fortune blocks an attack but doesn't trigger the full heal, it heals for 1469 which is the lower no block heal (while under Poisoned). This should have healed for 2857 (full block heal under Poisoned).

Rushing Justice is used within range on the Scout but doesn't move the full way and doesn't trigger the attack.

https://imgur.com/JVGYkxh (used within range)

Edited by Ezrael.6859

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Trait „Justice is Blind“ still doesn‘t grant Light Aura on F1

Crashing Courage doesn‘t perform a 5 target AoE attack as said in the patch notes, just the Willbender Flames - „Crashing Courage: This ability now delivers a five-target area attack on impact, in addition to setting the Willbender Flames.“

Edited by GuriGashi.5617