Willbender Bug Thread

Fire Attunement.9835

Absolute Resolve doesn't seem to improve F2 "passives" with Phoenix Protocol (no boost to regen and alacrity offered by Phoenix Protocol).

The red line under sword skill 5 (indicating distance from target) is inaccurate. I am hitting targets with the dash and shadowstep even if the red line says i'm too far away.

There is no "lunge" with Whirling Light.

• Confused 1

8 hours ago, Mervil.7461 said:

Absolute Resolve doesn't seem to improve F2 "passives" with Phoenix Protocol (no boost to regen and alacrity offered by Phoenix Protocol).

Absolute Resolution should do absolutely nothing for the regen and alacrity with Phoenix protocol, that's just how it is, it's a trade-off. Absolute resolution increases the base healing from the procs. If you want to improve regeneration you can use healing power / regeneration % effects.

8 hours ago, Mervil.7461 said:

The red line under sword skill 5 (indicating distance from target) is inaccurate. I am hitting targets with the dash and shadowstep even if the red line says i'm too far away.

Sword 5 has a shadowstep component to it, making the maximum range 500 + 100 (by design). It could perhaps be better clarified by the tooltip instead.

• Confused 1

Rushing Justice is not 800 range, it is currently travelling only 600 range.

You can test by using it at max range against a target and seeing you stop around 200 units short.

Or compare it to Crashing Courage to see they have approx the same range.

Crashing Courage does not have the 5 person attack as indicated by the patch notes.

Justice is Blind does not provide the Light Aura with Rushing Justice

Whirling Light is missing the lunge indicated in the patch notes.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Ezrael.6859 said:

Absolute Resolution should do absolutely nothing for the regen and alacrity with Phoenix protocol, that's just how it is, it's a trade-off. Absolute resolution increases the base healing from the procs. If you want to improve regeneration you can use healing power / regeneration % effects.

Wait. Wait. Wait. So you think that equipping a trait should do nothing? Because that's what it is doing currently. I wonder if you may have misread Phoenix Protocol, because you actually don't get any healing from the procs when Phoenix Protocol is traited (you get regen and alacrity, but you no longer receive healing). THAT'S the trade off right there.
So, when I equip a trait that says "improves the passive effect of virtue F2", it better do that. No trade off. The trait is there, it better work. I mean, wouldn't you expect a sigil to proc no matter what skills or traits you bring? of course you do! no matter how much power, ferocity, or condition damage your character has, no matter if your skills already apply poison, bleeding, weakness, daze, the sigil better proc! It's the exact same with a trait. I equip a trait, it should function.

6 hours ago, Ezrael.6859 said:

Sword 5 has a shadowstep component to it, making the maximum range 500 + 100 (by design). It could perhaps be better clarified by the tooltip instead.

I feel like you misunderstood me here. The maximum range is what it is. I don't really know or care what the maximum range is. But the distance from an enemy at which I can hit that enemy with sword skill 5 should be represented with the red underline. I shouldn't have to guess if I'm close enough or not.
Sword skill 2 also has a shadowstep. They don't call it shadowstep (skill says teleport to target) but it still procs with Vanguard Tactics. And when I fire off sword skill 2, I know I'll hit because the red underline is gone; no guessing involved.

Edited by Mervil.7461
  • Confused 1

the heal skill for willbender Reversal of fortune does not work against ranged attacks if its meant to. For example i had instances where i had taken 3 trick shots from a thief shortbow all doing 0 damage as if the absorption part of the skill was working but the cast would go through without the counter heal.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Mervil.7461 said:

Wait. Wait. Wait. So you think that equipping a trait should do nothing? Because that's what it is doing currently. I wonder if you may have misread Phoenix Protocol, because you actually don't get any healing from the procs when Phoenix Protocol is traited (you get regen and alacrity, but you no longer receive healing). THAT'S the trade off right there.
So, when I equip a trait that says "improves the passive effect of virtue F2", it better do that. No trade off. The trait is there, it better work. I mean, wouldn't you expect a sigil to proc no matter what skills or traits you bring? of course you do! no matter how much power, ferocity, or condition damage your character has, no matter if your skills already apply poison, bleeding, weakness, daze, the sigil better proc! It's the exact same with a trait. I equip a trait, it should function.

I feel like you misunderstood me here. The maximum range is what it is. I don't really know or care what the maximum range is. But the distance from an enemy at which I can hit that enemy with sword skill 5 should be represented with the red underline. I shouldn't have to guess if I'm close enough or not.
Sword skill 2 also has a shadowstep. They don't call it shadowstep (skill says teleport to target) but it still procs with Vanguard Tactics. And when I fire off sword skill 2, I know I'll hit because the red underline is gone; no guessing involved.

Yes, so you get no healing boost when you equip Phoenix Protocol, read your own words carefully again and try to understand. If you choose Phoenix Protocol you lose the healing and get regeneration instead, therefore the bonus +25% to healing from Absolute Resolution will do nothing for you. You can instead benefit from + Regeneration rune bonuses and + Boon duration bonuses, and Regen scaling values with healing power instead.

You have completely changed how F2 heals by making a trait choice.

Meaningful choices.

Sword 5 should go red at 600 range to represent 500+100, simple.

• 2 months later...

Bugs still present:

Whirling Light - Tooltip and previous update stated this was now a 240 radius AoE attack, but it only hits a frontal cone.

Advancing Strike - Tooltip now says 750 range, but it only travels 500 units still.

Flowing Resolve - Tooltip says 450 distance traveled, but when you use it while moving you will only dash around 150-200 units.

I consider the following a bug in terms of functionality - Quick Retribution range is 300, but Roiling Light evades backwards 300 range before.

- If you use this skill while 130 range from an enemy (melee range) when you leap back to the target after evading you will land short of the target and not land your hit.

Quick Retribution leap range should increase to 450-600 range to ensure it manages to land after the 300 evade backwards and to account for the mobile nature of combat in GW2. Stationary target golems do not count.

Tooltip missing - Roiling Light - Missing a boon indication of the Swiftness granted. Looks like 5s base.

Edited by Ezrael.6859
Roiling Light does appear to grant Swiftness now
  • Thanks 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I dunno what bug it is or why people are not bringing it up but a willbender will literally be 2500 range away from you in 1 second somehow.  I've been on my willbender and theres no skill there which would allow you to travel that far away.

There is obviously something happening here that is not right and people are abusing it and not reporting it and alot of people are tired of it.

• Confused 1

4 hours ago, Lobsters.3869 said:

I dunno what bug it is or why people are not bringing it up but a willbender will literally be 2500 range away from you in 1 second somehow.  I've been on my willbender and theres no skill there which would allow you to travel that far away.

There is obviously something happening here that is not right and people are abusing it and not reporting it and alot of people are tired of it.

Or you can familiarize yourself with the skills Guardian has... Symbol of Blades, queue up Advancing Strike right before Judge's Intervention, easy 2500 range...

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Reversal of Fortune does not activate Protector's Restoration and Smiter's Boon traits. They only activate if the "Heal if no attacks are reversed" condition has been met. If the "Heal If Attacked" condition resolves, these traits would not work.

I have not tested this out with runes yet, but if they work similar ways as the traits do then I suspect that all traits, runes, etc... based around the heal skill will carry the same issue.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/25/2022 at 2:53 PM, Novomundum.8325 said:

Reversal of Fortune does not activate Protector's Restoration and Smiter's Boon traits. They only activate if the "Heal if no attacks are reversed" condition has been met. If the "Heal If Attacked" condition resolves, these traits would not work.

I have not tested this out with runes yet, but if they work similar ways as the traits do then I suspect that all traits, runes, etc... based around the heal skill will carry the same issue.

I can confirm the same thing happens with foods effects as well.

• 4 months later...