Harbinger Bug Thread

Fire Attunement.9835

The Harbinger trait "Deathly Haste" boon priority rules are bugged to be purely proximity based, to the point that it completely ignores subgroups/squad altogether.

Steps to reproduce:

1. Enter a squad or party with another player

2. Place 4 other out of squad players between the Harbinger and the squad member, making sure that all players are within the range of Deathly Haste

3. Enter shroud

Expected correct result: the Harbinger, the squad member, and the 3 closest non squad members get Quickness, leaving the furthest away non squad player without Quickness

Current bugged results: the Harbinger and the 4 non squad members get Quickness, leaving the other squad member without Quickness

The trait also is completely unable to grant boons to anything but players. While this somewhat lessens the negative effects of the bug, the trait definitely should still be able to grant boons to minions/pets/etc when other players are not around, just like every other skill in the game.

On a similar note, the boon priority rules for Mantras on Firebrand (cone first, then circle, instead of both at the same time) and Fire for Effect on Deadeye (purely proximity) both have also been bugged for years now. If they could be addressed when this gets fixed, that would be amazing.

• Thanks 1

I found that I will often leave Harbinger shroud and it will keep degenerating until it gets to 0% even out of combat. Even if I have no Blight (which unless I am missing something should only affects max health and shouldn't tick degen shroud). Can't figure out why but the Harbinger Shroud % often doesn't go up or down as it should.

I used to be under the impression that stat gain and conversion Trait's weren't supposed to interact with each other, but this seems to have changed in design philosophy, considering the latest patch included:

"Furious Demise: Fixed a bug that caused precision granted by this trait to not be used for bonus condition damage by the next minor curses trait, Target the Weak."

In accordance to this, neither Implacable Foe's nor Dark Gunslinger's Vitality conversion is affected by Vital Persistence's extra Vitality.

Shroud 5, Vital Draw, never gave me any Life Force, as well as failing to play it's animation about half of the time.

Edited by Asum.4960
  • Like 1

I'm not 100% sure this is a bug, but it is a problem.
Vile Vials:
I mentioned this in feedback thread also, but the condition application from this trait will not work if you do anything after using an elixir.
The first 1/2 sec of the skill is the activation and drinking it. About a second after this the vial is thrown on the ground. It's only at this point that the conditions will apply. But if you do any animation other than move, it will cancel this part and you get no benefit from the traits condition application. So you need to just stand there for a moment between each elixir doing nothing for it to work. Quickness does shorten the time it takes but it's still easy to animation cancel the vial throw.

For some reason, when I got Meteorlogicus after the beta started, it doesn't seem to be detected in the legendary armoury or wardrobe of my beta Necromancer. When I tried to delete her and make a new Harbinger, that didn't seem to work, either, so I can't test out Meteorlogicus's visual effect on it.

On 8/18/2021 at 10:50 PM, Kronos.2560 said:

I found that I will often leave Harbinger shroud and it will keep degenerating until it gets to 0% even out of combat. Even if I have no Blight (which unless I am missing something should only affects max health and shouldn't tick degen shroud). Can't figure out why but the Harbinger Shroud % often doesn't go up or down as it should.

This^ I was having tough time trying to figure out what I am doing wrong whilst trying to keep it up as it seems very bipolar, not sure if it's triggering once you are downed/full dead whilst in shroud? Sometimes when I drop out of combat my life force stays - doesn't matter if I have blight stacks or no blight stacks at all. Then other times life force goes to 0, again doesn't matter if I have blight or not. I assume it's a bug, as whislt trying to rebuild lifeforce back up after that is pretty much impossible, as it just ticks away immediately.  I have only poked around in WvW.

10 hours ago, Ghostkat.9580 said:

For some reason, when I got Meteorlogicus after the beta started, it doesn't seem to be detected in the legendary armoury or wardrobe of my beta Necromancer. When I tried to delete her and make a new Harbinger, that didn't seem to work, either, so I can't test out Meteorlogicus's visual effect on it.

That's because the account is copied at the moment the beta starts.  Aquiring a new Legendary during the beta will not copy over to the beta characters.

• Thanks 1

On 8/18/2021 at 4:21 AM, Vegeta.2563 said:

Shroud 4 skill uphill causes it to be endless..

https://gfycat.com/zigzagcompletefirecrest

Willbender in shambles

that's great, i was wondering why it would occasionally not go on cd

On 8/18/2021 at 8:59 AM, Vennyhedgie.5369 said:

Transfusion simply does not work with Harbinger. No healing, revive or teleport seem to occur. 

transfusion+HS4 is very inconsistent. I found some clips where it seemed to follow me and bring up a light green visual effect, some where it only ticked once, others where it ticked up to 8 times, and sometime it failed to teleport downs to me while other times it worked in a ~600 radius.

On 8/22/2021 at 7:41 AM, Dark Effectz.8205 said:

Notice something in fractals.

Seems i still get negative health even after OOC and no blight stacks and if i go into shroud my health goes down even more bc my max health was not resetting 

Sometimes it seems to happen when i get the mistlock as well

In fractals the "Frailty" instability seems to use the same mechanic to reduce max health; same with the Warclaw in WvW (where it has 20% less health than in PvE). Bit confusing, but kinda makes sense.
If it happens in the Mistlock Sanctuary, that's probably a proper bug 😛