Harbinger Bug Thread

Fire Attunement.9835

Just encountered a bug. I thought it was just visual, but on shroud 4 in Harbinger it will sometimes bug out to where instead of leaping to the location you will appear to just teleport to the location. On top of that, we tested this out when it was happening, I leapt at a target point blank and the hit didn't even register. Had to log to character select to fix.

Need to issue a correction. It's not just the hit that doesn't register. Appropriate blight stacks aren't removed either when this happens.

Edit. Managed to replicate it. When I was looking at a large number of enemies clustered together in wvw, the bug would occur. When I looked away it fixed it. I ticked on Effect LOD and I think it might be helping, but I do not want to need that turned on for this to work.

Edited by Famine.7915

On 8/17/2021 at 4:14 PM, Fire Attunement.9835 said:

If something is obviously not working as intended–if skills and traits don’t work as expected from the descriptions or if they don’t interact with core traits as expected–let us know here!

If you want to share feedback on how the harbinger plays, talk to us in the feedback thread!

Hello

Implacable Foe (trait Master, Major): 

Instead of applying three stability stacks in PVE just apply one. It should apply 3 stacks of stability.

Unholy Sanctuary (trait.,  Grandmaster, Major):

OVERLOOKED.  By watching the trait... You were aware of it for the Sourge requiring 25% of life force threshold to activate its shroud when it takes a lethal blow.  SO, why overlook it for the Harbinger?  You enter in Harbinger Shroud literally with 1 point of health so you are instantly downed by your first blight tick at high level if not sooner due to something else.  The 2% healing  only saves you at very low level character/maps, i tested it.  The rezz-up/shroud feature is practically useless for the Harbinger..  

Also note that the necromancer has corruption skills... There should be some exception in the Unholy Sanctuary  trait for the Harbinger, the trait should heal an initial amount of health that gives the player time to react and use a skill to prevent be downed in the first tick or even instantly. At least for one tick of blight, which would be 1.5% health. But that only in theory, because in practice with an average player level... it should be something else. Between 3% and 7% of your health that is considered balanced.  7% of your health is around the 10% of the shroud life force 😉 Or find another way or rework...

And,  profiting this quote, a QoL  request:

When i play the mechanist i can control and watch it's mech health bar... When i play ranger i can do the same with their pets... But when i play any necromancer  i can't watch the health of my minions unless i put the mouse pointer on them in the screen.  That is completely unpractical and sometimes impossible when a lot of players and foes are  mixed with your minions, in teamfights, etc.  It makes you less efffective playing even if you only use one or two of them and don't let you to extract the maximum profit from them as, for example,  command them when they have low health and you cannot heal them so you, at least, you can take profit one last timeof  their command skills by healing yourself, do extra damage,  or cc...  Also coordinate your healing skills better to help your minions  and heal them at the right time. If you cannot watch their health bar you can't do that in an optimal way and timing. And often you lose them and only notice it when they are already dead.

So, please,  add a very bright life/health bar for minions between the utility/elite skills (above them) and the boons bar/icons (below them). Like the red bar we have below our skills that notice you when they are out of range or you can't use them. Also add the to the elementalist's elementals, etc.

P.S:  I liked the Harbinger at the beggining and also was upset due to the second beta changes.  But after the release and watch the Alchemic Vigor's change and that you listened us, I played it again and discovered the new mechanic for elixirs Wow, I'm so proud of it now as i was with the flying axes like boomerangs for the Mirage and other ideas. 😊  I would have loved a increase in the range of the Voracious Arc skill or Devouring Cut, one of them, but ok, we cannot get all, lol. Maybe in the future you can also have time to do something with the Mirage as it wasn't designed to be a "one dodge man" as the Vindicator is, review the core mesmer and update/improve the off-hand #5 skill of necromancer's warhorn (I wrote an idea about it in the Harbinger feedback thread).  For now, enjoying my new Harbinger's build but also afraid of the next balance patches 😋  R.I.P. my Mirage and Renegade builds due to the latest ones, i've updated the Mirage's one but is not as good or effective anymore. All in all...

Thank you very much.

Edited by Zoser.7245
Added that i wrote an idea for update the necromancer warhorn in my feedback thread for the harbinger, summer balance... ;D
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Found some bugs:

1. You won't get any blight from your elixirs when you hit an invulnerable enemy with it.
  2. Some mechanics broke when they apply on you while in harbinger shroud.
    For Example: 
    - Raid Wing 1 Gorseval Eggs, or Aquatic Runs Fractal when you get eaten by the jellyfish. You "just" drop out of your shroud, but don't get eaten/egged.
    Even worse: Fraenir of Jormag Strike Mission, when it tries to freeze you while in shroud, you drop out of shroud and don't get frozen, but can't move anymore - you can still use all abilities of weapons/utility, but cant dodge or move - but you can't also get freed (until downstate) 

Life Force on Harbinger is replacing health % on targets, even though life force doesn't help keep you alive.

https://i.imgur.com/2jBupux.png

This also goes for party / squad view.  Your life force will completely override your health, so say your you have 90% life force, but only 5% health, your supports will have no clue you are about to die since all they see is just the life force bar.

This needs to be changed.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

I don't know if this was covered before, but according to the tool tip, Elixir of Promise, Risk and Anguish are each meant to give 10 stacks of blight which should cap you out at 25 stacks of blight after using them. However, through some bizarre interaction, I only end up with 20 stacks of blight every single time. Sometimes it's even less. 

20 minutes ago, Methuselah.4376 said:

I don't know if this was covered before, but according to the tool tip, Elixir of Promise, Risk and Anguish are each meant to give 10 stacks of blight which should cap you out at 25 stacks of blight after using them. However, through some bizarre interaction, I only end up with 20 stacks of blight every single time. Sometimes it's even less. 

You gotta read the tooltip 😉

If you use elixir 1 you get 10 blight.

Each elixir you use while over or at the blight threshold (10 stacks) will consume 5 blight and get an extra effect, then applies 10 blight.

So elixir 1: 10 blight

Elixir 2: -5+10 blight

Elixir 3: -5+10 blight 

Nets you 20 blight after 3 elixirs used. It's not a bug, it's intentional.

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Nimon.7840 said:

You gotta read the tooltip 😉

If you use elixir 1 you get 10 blight.

Each elixir you use while over or at the blight threshold (10 stacks) will consume 5 blight and get an extra effect, then applies 10 blight.

So elixir 1: 10 blight

Elixir 2: -5+10 blight

Elixir 3: -5+10 blight 

Nets you 20 blight after 3 elixirs used. It's not a bug, it's intentional.

Ah my bad, didn't read it thoroughly. Thanks for clearing it up!

Not just Harbinger, but for any Necromancer spec Weakening Shroud in the Curses traitline is bugged, it doesn't apply Weakness on Critical Strikes at all, only when entering Shroud. Been like this for over a month.

Edited by Lunia.2736
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 8/7/2022 at 12:20 AM, Sjentra.3409 said:

Pistol 1 (Vicious Shot) is ~1 second instead of 1/2 a second. I counted 12 shots in 10 seconds; far from the 20 I should have seen.

Problem is, you can't really measure a skills casttime by counting activations.

For example reapers gs2 states that it has a 1 and 1/4 seconds of casttime. If you just measure, how long it the enemy takes to take damage, it's 1 1/14 seconds, but the skills animation plays a lot longer. That's what's called aftercast.

I never checked pistol, but for example: gs2, gs5, reaper shroud auto attack chain 3, axe Autoattack. All these skills have aftercasts. 

But those after casts can be canceled. For example: great sword 2. If an enemy is below 50% the cooldown resets. So you can spam it. If you just press 2,2,2,2 you will get much less hits than if you spam 2,1,2,1.

In general: a skills after cast can be canceled by stowing your weapon, or switching your weapon. There are certain skills, that are able to cancel aftercasts as well. A common combo would be gs5 into gs4 or gs5 into weapon swap/shroud entry, or the just mentioned GS 2,1 spam.

On 8/17/2021 at 4:14 PM, Fire Attunement.9835 said:

If something is obviously not working as intended–if skills and traits don’t work as expected from the descriptions or if they don’t interact with core traits as expected–let us know here!

If you want to share feedback on how the harbinger plays, talk to us in the feedback thread!

Just a friendly reminder, that the skill "tainted bolts" is still behaving weirdly. When you hit a reflect with this skill, the projectiles get destroyed, rather than reflected. This is actually a HUGE deal... and it is around since we first seen Harbinger... please do something.

Also: the trait "weakening shroud" is not working.   the "apply weakness on crit" is not working at all. it is doing nothing right now.

19 hours ago, Nimon.7840 said:

Problem is, you can't really measure a skills casttime by counting activations.

For example reapers gs2 states that it has a 1 and 1/4 seconds of casttime. If you just measure, how long it the enemy takes to take damage, it's 1 1/14 seconds, but the skills animation plays a lot longer. That's what's called aftercast.

I never checked pistol, but for example: gs2, gs5, reaper shroud auto attack chain 3, axe Autoattack. All these skills have aftercasts. 

But those after casts can be canceled. For example: great sword 2. If an enemy is below 50% the cooldown resets. So you can spam it. If you just press 2,2,2,2 you will get much less hits than if you spam 2,1,2,1.

In general: a skills after cast can be canceled by stowing your weapon, or switching your weapon. There are certain skills, that are able to cancel aftercasts as well. A common combo would be gs5 into gs4 or gs5 into weapon swap/shroud entry, or the just mentioned GS 2,1 spam.

Rifle

• Rifle Burst: Adjusted total animation duration down to 1 second from approximately 1.2 seconds.

Sounds exactly like this bug fix they just did. When the total animation time is 4/5 of a second vs the tooltip stating 1/2 of a second, somethings wrong. Either in the tooltip or the cast time. There shouldn't be a hidden cooldown.

I would hope they don't want you trying to animation cancel your auto-attacks just to try and reach the intended attack speed for which they balanced for.

Edit:

Using testing area with full boons; Riffle burst is 0.7 (85/60) and  Pistol is 0.6 (100/60). Even with full boons you still can't reach the stated cast time for pistol.

Edit edit: So yes it does appear there is an animation time they don't list like you said; but then what's the point of even listing a number if its completely wrong.

Edited by Sjentra.3409
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Shroud 4 underwater doesn't exist in-game. The tooltip for it ("Voracious Dive") will show up while out of combat and underwater, but the skill still has the Core Necro Underwater Shroud 4, "Gathering Plague" as a placeholder. The tooltip in combat is for Gathering Plague and both linking and activating the skill will show/activate Gathering Plague, not Voracious Dive (the water version of Voracious Arc).

• Like 3

• 5 weeks later...