Harbinger Feedback Thread [Merged]

Fire Attunement.9835

6 hours ago, Bale.3851 said:

Shroud is percent based so it doesnt really matter. Sure blight reduces your over all shroud and reverting blight in shroud results in a shroud loss but the shroud mechanic itself is the same as reaper (5% lf per second). Like i stated before im also for a more active way of defense like invis/stab/invuln on elixiers or more vigor/dodge on skills but anet is already late in development and anet has to fix more than one specc. So i guess take whatever you can get.

The easiest 2 fixes that comes to my mind is:

1) Dmg absorbing shroud

2) Comback of the lf to hp mechanic and adjust numbers.

I mean this whole thread is about giving anet feedback. And i guess we all agree that harbinger need more survivability to be somewhat competitive in PVP and PVE. So these are my 2 cents maybe you have better / smarter fixes. Btw range nerf on mobility was totally unwanted.

I mean, the hp numbers don't matter if you do not plan on getting hit any time you are in shroud, in that case it doesn't matter if the LF is 100, or 100^100 it will drain the same amount. But considering that we typically use shroud in combat the chances of getting hit are non-negligible enough where I'd rather have a 24k lf pool over a 14k lf pool. Though luckily, so long as the coding isn't super spaghetti, and use references to boons and common skill effects. Changing the boons and numbers on things like Elixirs can be done rather quickly for testing purposes.

Arena Net could always have the blight mechanic interact with weapons to diversify the kit. Having blight change a skill on each weapon could be interesting, granting more damage or a shadow step or an extra fear, or channeled block. I honestly feel Anet could go a bit wild with this spec.

• Like 3

14 hours ago, Drarnor Kunoram.5180 said:

If Harbinger Shroud absorbs damage, it's no longer purely percentage-based.  The reduction does matter then.

Sure, i mean thats the whole point...you absorb dmg with shroud and naturally there is a drawback but the drawback isnt that you die (like ele) but that you have less time in shroud....

On 12/11/2021 at 7:21 PM, Bale.3851 said:

The easiest 2 fixes that comes to my mind is:

1) Dmg absorbing shroud

2) Comback of the lf to hp mechanic and adjust numbers

Won't work. 

Blight decreases max hp i.e shrouds hp so it'd actually be a very nerfed reaper shroud at best.

I'm afraid any actual improvements will need to be in the physical necromancer and not bolted onto shroud at all. 

It's not percentage based on pure factor of it not being a hp shroud currently. 

Imho I think that sounds like a very boring way to end harbinger to being. There's likely a way to make it work. But I wouldn't personally be able to think of it 

11 hours ago, Daddy.8125 said:

Won't work. 

Blight decreases max hp i.e shrouds hp so it'd actually be a very nerfed reaper shroud at best.

I'm afraid any actual improvements will need to be in the physical necromancer and not bolted onto shroud at all. 

Imho I think that sounds like a very boring way to end harbinger to being. There's likely a way to make it work. But I wouldn't personally be able to think of it 

Theres a better way of going about it.  The higher blight, the more -toughness you get, making you more vulnerable without destroying shroud potential.

13 hours ago, LucianDK.8615 said:

Theres a better way of going about it.  The higher blight, the more -toughness you get, making you more vulnerable without destroying shroud potential.

That's a horrible suggestion, you would likely instantly melt to power damage as necro has more ways to manage condis but not so much power burst while CC-ed. It would make blight dumping meaningless since if you are burst while at high blight you already took the damage. If you have -250 toughness it is more severe than 14K (so -8K relative to base harbinger health with current blight) health which is roughly one medium damage attack in WVW or one high damage attack in PVP. Case in point is scrapper with 14K HP vs berserker with 19K HP ; even herald at ~19K HP vs shortbow renegade at ~16K.
The only way toughness penalty would be non detrimental is if the toughness penalty is something on the order of -5 toughness per blight (25 stacks = -125 toughness) with all blight health loss taken away (meaning harbinger has 22.8K HP). Given carapace is 10 toughness per stack up to 200 toughness in PVP anything more than 200 toughness lost is a high penalty.

On 12/12/2021 at 11:35 PM, Daddy.8125 said:

Won't work. 

Why not just make it more mobile instead with evades? 

There isnt that much time. So there wont be any thing too experimental. They just might give back the heal from lf  as in beta 1. thats it.
They wont revert the mobility nerf cause and wont change the icons they like to torture their players and they would rather 100 people leave the game than to "hurt" the creator of the icons by giving them feedback and revamping the icons.
What this will result in is more people will leave the game after blazing through all the content in a week.
Cause especs and competitive content is left after small trash pve content. For which the spec will be not fun to play outside of #1 padding meme while drunk late at night.

• Thanks 1

On 12/26/2021 at 3:51 PM, XECOR.2814 said:

There isnt that much time. So there wont be any thing too experimental. They just might give back the heal from lf  as in beta 1. thats it.
They wont revert the mobility nerf cause and wont change the icons they like to torture their players and they would rather 100 people leave the game than to "hurt" the creator of the icons by giving them feedback and revamping the icons.
What this will result in is more people will leave the game after blazing through all the content in a week.
Cause especs and competitive content is left after small trash pve content. For which the spec will be not fun to play outside of #1 padding meme while drunk late at night.

I wouldn't say none of the especcs are fun. Most of them are fun. Something doesn't have to be meta to be enjoyable. Harbinger was alot of fun it was simply just not strong enough. 

Most players don't play this game by the meta currently. You still have plenty of do ranked PvP with berserker even tho it's very bad in spvp still have plenty using core mesmer and Fresh air ele aswell. 

I even see core engineers. 

And I dunno given how much they managed in 1 month of work in 2 months they will likely manage a fair whack of stuff realistically. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/22/2022 at 8:41 AM, Poplolita.2638 said:

Shouldn't the Harbinger able to apply a unique debuff that essentially reduce his opponent's vitality proportinate to the amount of blight accumulated? I'm surprised no one has suggested this. 

Harbinger is not administering potions to enemies, he chugs them itself

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/14/2022 at 1:12 PM, Wintermute.5408 said:

I wonder what kind of damage are we looking at on qhb with new set announced? Maybe there will be a place for it after all, as secondary quickness or something.

Can't see it being more than Celestial, due to the massive Power, Crit Chance and Crit Damage loss for just extra Condition Damage, while Condition- and Boon Duration largely remain the same (not to forget Barbed Precision and Target the Weak conversion). Especially if the Beta 4 trends of nerfing Torment applications and buffing Power Coefficients on various skills is anything to go by. 

But it's impossible to say at this point, new Ritualist stats or not, since we have no idea what, if anything, they have done with the spec since Beta 4 until release (which, hopefully, is a lot). 

That said, with Anet abandoning Raids and nuking Fractal CM's reward wise, and us not knowing how the new Strikes as well as their CM's will be tuned (on top of removing 10 Target caps), there is a chance that the meta might relax some with only more casual content left or worthwhile to play. 

While, pending changes, Harbinger might not be optimal to play, it might simply not matter if their focus is entirely on the new Strikes, in which profession mechanics and DPS might not matter as much as before (with less mechanic skipping), than doing the fight mechanics itself - if their blog post about goals for the content is anything to go by. 

So players might just look for any Heal, Alac, Quickness *2 + DPS for ease of use and group forming speed and call it a day. Then again, this is the GW2 community we are talking about, capable of kicking players for playing a non-optimal profession for 10 player content that you can solo^^ 

Time will tell I suppose.

Edited by Asum.4960
  • Like 3
  • Confused 1

I hope this gets seen and not super buried.

I would really like it if the blight stacks on the harbinger were above the health bar and not in the debuf bar.

It's a really cool mechanic to play around and with utility and shroud skills doing more damage based on blight it would be nice if the blight stacks were in a fixed location on my screen so i could look to a specific location and know exactly how many i have.

If blight is in the debuf bar then it will dance around with buffs and debufs and I'll be searching for the icon rather than focusing on the fight i'm in.

Please but blight above the health and stamina bar like malice or druids mechnic. It would be an amazing QOL to know exactly where to look to see my stacks.

Thank you.

• Like 4

I hope they tweaked it by launch. In last beta it was same dps as scourge and reaper, but w/o shroud and barrier and you get negative HP on top. They tried to make class cannon. The class part is there for sure, but wheres the cannon? In first beta it was cannon w/o that much of glass 😁. I liked that they made elixirs throwable and interact with blight. Mechanically it was fun to play, just needs tweaking and the traits where also boring, especially pulsing grandmasters.

• Like 3

So... anyone knows when can we expect to see the final balance on the new e-specs? I'm very worried they won't fix the lack of damage from last beta. I don't think they'll give us the health regen back (sadly, as that felt very new for necro and it's something similar to holo's healing which I loved), but I'm hopeful the damage numbers might go up, as well as the traveled distance in Shroud . What do you people think?

• Confused 1

6 hours ago, Uete.3805 said:

So... anyone knows when can we expect to see the final balance on the new e-specs? I'm very worried they won't fix the lack of damage from last beta. I don't think they'll give us the health regen back (sadly, as that felt very new for necro and it's something similar to holo's healing which I loved), but I'm hopeful the damage numbers might go up, as well as the traveled distance in Shroud . What do you people think?

I hope it too, but i am not optimistic about it.