Harbinger Feedback Thread [Merged]

Fire Attunement.9835

Just now, LucianDK.8615 said:

Anyone able to see if the harbinger is untouched since last beta? or the notes simply havent been added yet? the later I hope.

They haven't given us any notes on changes since beta 4 to anything but siege turtle.  Doesn't mean there aren't any, but none were made public.

My download is at 48% right now.  Will let you know when I can get in game and unlock it.

Okay, there *might* be some coefficient differences, but so far, the only changes I've found are thus:

Healing/blight stack got added to the minor trait that previously only gave Vitality (13/stack/second at 0 healing power).

Deathly Haste had boon duration increased from 2 to 3 seconds.  Added Fury as an additional boon.

That's it.

My own dl finished.

Health is -2% again per blight.

Wicked Corruption gained 10% critical damage increase

Vile Vials is unchanged

Septic Corruption is unchanged

Alchemical vigor was reduced to 240 vit, down from 380. But gains heals 13 each second per stack of blight you have

Implacable foe is unchanged

Twisted Medicine is unchanged

Dark Gunslinger is unchanged

Corrupted Talent is unchanged

Cascading Corruption went up from 180 power to 240 power

Deathly Haste additionally grants 3s of fury, beside its original 3s quickness

Doom approaches went up from 180 condi damage to 240 condi damage

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Obtena.7952 said:

Nope, there isn't ... because I don't join groups that tell me how to play. 

Well its your choice and your time. But if are searching for a raid the community is arlready small and if you reduce it down to the group of people who doesnt care about your build and still take you with them ... have fun in que simulater is all i have to say. Well otherwise join a guild (some of them also force you to play the meta build btw).

But i dont really get your argument. I mean you stating you personally would not join doesnt change the fact that meta builds exist and most players play them to get an invite to the content they like. So for everything except random pvp, open world or random wvw there is a meta with is most of the time not optinal. So if you dont play high end content why voice your converns?

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, LucianDK.8615 said:

My own dl finished.

Wicked Corruption gained 10% critical damage increase

Vile Vials is unchanged

Septic Corruption is unchanged

Alchemical vigor was reduced to 240 vit, down from 380. But gains heals 13 each second per stack of blight you have

Implacable foe is unchanged

Twisted Medicine is unchanged

Dark Gunslinger is unchanged

Corrupted Talent is unchanged

Cascading Corruption went up from 180 power to 240 power

Deathly Haste additionally grants 3s of fury, beside its original 3s quickness

Doom approaches went up from 180 condi damage to 240 condi damage

Jesus christ, where do I even begin with their suitability.

Why? Why are we doing this again? Am I missing something here? Didn't anet dialed it back because people thought the trade off wasn't worth it for having less health than a thief or ele? What's going on here, I don't understand. Harbinger already a meme in beta 4, are we really going to make it worst? And it not like they change the range for our mobility skills during shroud, so I don't get it. I've already spoke my mind about how harbinger will perform in pvp, and I will do so again. It's an absolute meme, and the fact that you're shoving this kitten down people's throat is so out of touch, I can't fathom it.

Either take away my shroud, or reduce my max health by 50%. Stop doing both, it's punishing for the wrong reasons, and it's redundant.

Unless this is the reason why the decided to make blight reduce our max health by half again, and if it is, this is a horrible, HORRIBLE Reason. Lets do the math, shall we? 13x25=325. 325 healing per tick. Assuming you have 25 stack of blight, which, lets be real, unless you're out of harms way and not worrying about death constantly while you're accumulating blight over time, is not going to remotely encourage player to play harbringer, in pvp at least.

That's not even going into all the sustain nerfs that Harbinger desperately needed pre nerf, because Anet REFUSE to give Harbinger a fair trade off for losing out their one and only defense. If I can't use shroud to tank the damage, because that is literately the only thing a necromancer can do to defend itself, what am I supposed to do when I get spammed with constant cc, and get zerged down by the enemy team?

Edited by Thevaultdwellinggamer.4267
  • Like 2

Suggestion:

Blight needs to be moved to the top of the health bar/circle and  the icon enlarged by 25% for viability

side suggestion : can we please have the option to change the buff and debuff sizes on our UI without making our health bar take up half the screen?

dark disciple trait says 2% per stack but the tooltip on utility skills adds up to 1.5%.

effect on the charater is 1.5%, tooltip is wrong >< not surprising with anets level of polish when it comes to communication and accurate tooltips

10 years for a tooltip on shroud damage reduction, 10 years

• Like 1

The 2% revert is good, because the healing you receive from Alchemic Vigor is enough to survive. Mind you, this was supposed to be the glass cannon spec.

Cascading Corruption and Doom Approaches are bad traits, they promote the same playstyle = sit on enemy. I get they wanted a power dps and a condi dps line, but there has to be another way to let us deal damage than pulsing around us in 180 radius (scourge already did the pulsing thing).

Visually, please lower the blight effects on our character. I'm not sure if it's just me as an asura, but I cannot even see (the color of) my armor. For a shroud that's fine, but I'm gonna have blight on me all the time. Give us the same treatment Untamed got and thereby reduce visual noise for everyone.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Vandal.3678 said:

The 2% revert is good, because the healing you receive from Alchemic Vigor is enough to survive. Mind you, this was supposed to be the glass cannon spec.

Cascading Corruption and Doom Approaches are bad traits, they promote the same playstyle = sit on enemy. I get they wanted a power dps and a condi dps line, but there has to be another way to let us deal damage than pulsing around us in 180 radius (scourge already did the pulsing thing).

Visually, please lower the blight effects on our character. I'm not sure if it's just me as an asura, but I cannot even see (the color of) my armor. For a shroud that's fine, but I'm gonna have blight on me all the time. Give us the same treatment Untamed got and thereby reduce visual noise for everyone.

If its a glass cannon spec, it should also have the get out of jail free cards deadeye has…

• Like 3

1 minute ago, jpsssss.7530 said:

Can any1 confirm whether or not we’re still locked out of slot skills in shroud? If shroud actively decreases my health by up to half then we should get something waaaaaaaaay more than 325 hps…

yes you're still locked out of healing, utilities and elite slots while in shroud.

7 minutes ago, Vandal.3678 said:

it's 1.5%, tooltip is wrong

It's fairly early on, but honestly it feels a lot better than the beta 2, the alchemic vigor healing really makes a difference. Pleasantly surprised so far, had kinda written the spec off after that last beta, still wish there was a pistol offhand option though.

Also for clarity, at least in PVE,  while the tooltip does indeed still say 2% per blight for health loss it is infact actually 1.5%

Edited by Bookah pls.9352
  • Like 1