Harbinger Feedback Thread [Merged]

Fire Attunement.9835

Reaper/Scourge main here.

First off, it feels like you're trying to push too many roles on Harbinger to have power, condi, or support roles; it's a weak jack of all trades. Its power build and damage is not on par with Power Reaper. You should add strike damage to pistol and harbinger shroud with much higher power coefficients. Condi build feels much more on par with an elite spec than a power build does currently. 

I think sticking to condi AND support is best. Replace the power traitline with some more flavorful themed traits.

The biggest hands down issue i have so far with Harbinger are the boring elixirs. They are bland, don't synergize well with other necro themes and trait lines and don't do much for our survivability. They also do not tie into the thematics of Harbinger and its theme. Shroud and utility skills just feel disjointed. Utilities need flavor and purpose that synergize with Harbinger mechanics and specialization like the punishment skills for scourge that boon convert into a theme of fire and torment. Chrono had wells that ties in with the theme of time shifting and are beneficial in different scenarios. I liked the theme of the holosmith utilities with its mechanical engineering theme of light and photons.

I always thought a noxious alchemist would be a theme of poisoning, slow, and blinding. If you're going to have elixirs give us blight, then make them fully worth it. Assuming all these examples give us blight....

1) Give us one that makes our hits or critical hits imbued with poison damage and blind for a set period to help avoid damage.

2). Give us an elixir that we throw at foes that gives us tick healing, defensive boons, while giving lots of poison, slow, blinding to the enemy (not from a trait).

3). It may be overpowered, but what about a few utilities that put blight on foes like DEEP WOUND in GW1 did. Blight can be a CC for defiance bars and won't work on bosses but on mobs of foes, lets lower their maximum health to help with the lack of cleave we have in pistol/dagger.

Other thoughts to spice up themes/interest and gameplay....

Play around with smoke and poison fields and combo finishers that give us blight in exchange for additional unique effects and damage! This alone can be treated like a "recipe" .... so a stealthy/hidden fragile glass cannon alchemist that doesn't want to get caught.

Bottom line: I'm just not seeing a big enough reason to take Harbinger over Scourge if you want to compare its damage benchmark, lack of fleshed out theme and play style

PS.

Dhuumfire trait is over nerfed.

Edited by wetwillyhip.7254
  • Like 10

I'm overjoyed that Necro finally has quite an unique spec. Following is purely a PvP feedback (plat level), first impressions;

1. Really fun to play in PvP. Most fun I've had with Necro since 2016 or even 2014. Has a surprising amount of viable builds, power and condition likewise. Great job on the fun aspect and animations.

2. Access to Shroud 1, especially with Dhuumfire and Quickness is enough reward on it's own for Blight but I think ideally we could use more interactivity with Blight and have more interest in staying at high Blight. In general, Blight as a mechanic is a proper risk/reward mechanic with Shroud that powerful and you have to be well aware of it, as intended. Very enjoyable to play around and I encourage you not to make it removable to maintain the risk/reward aspect. One thing; consider making a more visible Blight indicator than number on buff bar. Also, when targeting enemy HB you should see both health and life force when they are in Shroud.

3. The out-of-Shroud passive heal provides quite a bit of sustain (EDIT: yeah maybe too much). If you nerf it (and you probably will), please add some Vigor in traits or passives to compensate. Another way of dealing with this could be scaling healing done with Blight levels so you get healed less while playing more passively, but more when taking a risk?

4. Generating Life Force by flashing Shroud while out-of-combat with the grandmaster minor feels great and essential to the spec. It amends traditional Necromancer's pains with low LF after lost teamfight or at the start of the game, but since it doesn't translate to "second health bar" I feel like it's very reasonable. If you find it problematic, instead of making whole minor combat-only you could make it so outside of combat it generates less LF instead.

5. While having a nice sustain, especially with Eternal Life, HB remains easily killable by high mobility high burst specs like Rev and is weak into some sidenoders like Core Ranger. It does have quite a bit of outplay potential though so that's great.

6. Really weak to projectile hate. This actually shuts down HB insanely hard which will be a viable strategy - all relevant attacks are projectiles.

7. Due to how Life Force interacts with HB, it does use it's LF generation quite differently at times than a regular Necromancer and without Eternal Life, an aware opponent can make Harbinger do sub-optimal Shroud timings not to deplete LF with chip damage and stop healing. You will want to avoid taking unnecessary damage from downed enemies you bleed off point since their damage will damage your LF pool. Both sides can play around it which I find very interesting.

8. Pistol is great overall. The autoattack Torment duration is a bit on the short side for my liking, but #2 is a fairly short cd and doesn't have big spread so it's reliable to hit. Skills provide a non trivial amount of Life Force that HB needs. 1s of Poison on #3 is sort of weird, but welcome since the whole skill is a great ressurection denier. In conclusion, first weapon that can be an alternative to Scepter as main weapon in PvP while not being flat out stronger due to no corruption and being weak to projectile hate.

9. Traits are rather cookie-cutter. There's no point in messing with different GMs because pulsing Quickness gives megapump to the main sources of your Shroud damage. Perhaps change how that quickness is applied? Pulse everything is reliable, strong, but creative as a brick.
Due to attempts at giving Harbinger 3 different playstyles in one spec the traits have barely any alternatives. Honestly, merge Elixir trait into one at least so we can have some decent choices to make.
Grandmasters need some revision. Harbinger doesn't really want to linger in melee range, both it's Shroud and weapon are Skirmish-ranged so the top and bottom GMs are just not useful unless you nerf Quickness to the ground or make the pulses insanely strong. Pulsing damage and conditions isn't exactly the peak of creativity either - I know the dev team can do better than this. Perhaps a mean to copy (not transfer) Blight to the enemy via in some telegraphed, counterable way?

10. Elixirs are not really all that useful. Some people use the heal one for LF gen, but most revert to Consume Conditions soon after (EDIT: actually,  the heal is viable alternative now). I know that Elixirs are probably meant for PvE and keeping up Blight modifier, but they really are one of the least interesting utilities created in the game and need some spicing up. None stands out as a contender for a PvP slot either (EDIT: okay charged a bit here, elixir heal got a massive buff since preview and paired with the cleansing elixir offer a good alternative to CC×SA), with exception of Elite however, but that's mostly because it tends to be the weakest Necromancer utility slot, battling only with Lich (and your Shroud AA makes Lich not as necessary, while still great).
Boons are just not that interesting in GW2 anymore. It'd be great if Elixirs were a bit more unique;

a) By being similar to Druid's Glyphs and having alternative versions of themselves that are accessible via Shroud in the same utility slots - perhaps tossable versions?

b) By enhancing Shroud skills while used?

c) By interacting with your Blight level and scaling with it - example idea is embracing the GW1 55 hp Monk legacy and giving Harbinger temporary Protective Spirit effect that could be a legit defense and a reasonable utility alternative to Spectral Armor.

Really enjoying the spec, kisses to CMC and the team.

PS: Add groud targeting and maybe some little spice to Shroud #3. It's a bit weaksauce, being a pure mobility skill. Leap finisher or maybe leaving miasma trail behind that makes Torment always deal it's full damage to enemies standing in it? This wouldn't break PvP at all, but could add skill element to PvE against mobile encounters!

Edited by Rym.1469
  • Like 9

i play only wvw smallscale roaming, so my feedback is wvw smallscale related.

class mechanic with harbinger shroud is very interesting, the heal from lifeforce is great and scales with shroud lifeforce (so it scales with HP/Vitality). that is really strong and fine atm. the blight life loss seems not too heavy right now. later in fights with 25 stacks of blight up, you are more vulnerable to oneshots then at the beginning. but you have enough tools to survive some time especially with further healing sources (but havent tested torment rune till now).

pistol skills are good as they are. not clunky and have some impact. well designed imo.

shroud skills are fine as well, i am just missing some fear here, since many traits on necro have synergies with fear effects. maybe a short fear (1/2 sec) on shroud 4 instead of daze would bring more synergies here.

the ultimate elixier is really strong, i like how it initiate a powerfull burst. but the other elixiers feel like... being unusable. i mean for necro, especially for harbinger too survive you need some tools (spectral walk, corrosive poison cloud, spectral armor, plague signet,...) all of these out value the elixiers by far and offer useful utility.

these elixiers offer nothing right now, but a lot of utility is needed. so i guess no one will choose elixiers over the existing utility skills.

My update after some further days of testing:

i think 1 great problem of harbinger is, that

life regeneration by shroud is a bit too strong for wvw/pvp when harbinger is full hp (without blight stacks)

in theory the blight stacks will reduce the life pool and also reduce the life regen. but you usually dont play with elixiers, and also dont stay long in shroud (you just use mobility and cc and drop out of shroud). so you will never build up the blight stacks, and always will benefit from 1k hp regen...

and you have no incentive from staying in shroud for long because the dmg modifier for blight stacks is too low to be worth it.

i guess 1 solution would be to orientate on holo, where every skill use in holo form also increase heat level. that way every skill of harbinger should also increase blight stacks. so people who just go in shroud for short for mobility and cc also have to pay for this with blight.

in that way you could fix the (too strong) regeneration of harbinger by lifeforce because harbinger need the utility from shroud and will build up the blight by using it..

Edited by Zero.3871
  • Like 1
  • Confused 2

My feedback, only did some PW PvE including soloing a Champion in Gendarran Fields (I got him to 50% before he killed me, then something die trying to revive me, got one-shot. I purposely choose that Champion because I new he hit hard) and doing some stuff in HoT. I played a bit of default gear condi and marauder for power.

I don't like the pistol, it feels like a copy-paste of the Engineer's pistol and that got old fast when I played Engi in the early days of the game. The sound really need to be changed.

The Power build is terrible to play, might as well just remove it, the class is clearly designed to be a hit-and-run condi DPS (I didn't try support so no comment there).

I didn't bother with the elixirs, except for the Heal to see how that works and I think the best thing on it is the LF gain which I can get elsewhere, but then Harbinger is starved for LF so....

Not having access to utilities while in Shroud that doesn't provide defense mechanics is terrible. Getting CCed is basically a death sentence unless you are fast enough to exit Shroud and use your utilities.

The Blight stacks feels like they do nothing outside reducing your max HP, the visually invisible damage boost is just that a damage boost. It feels like Blight is just there to have a mechanic on the class.

• Like 4

Tested it in raids:

Currently it does WAY too much damage. The low hp is a non issue in pve. It puts necro at the same health as ele/guard but uses tormenting runes which are also adding perma sustain on top. Maybe some other posters here are just not used to dodging anymore since they usually dont have to? Its basically just ele health which is enough for all the content. I like the direction of giving it low hp high damage but the damage is just way too high currently.

It can do upwards of 45k dps currently and that is without usage of epidemic which adds a lot of extra damage in some situations.

Elixirs feel very weak. I use them only for the blight to stay at high blight for the modifier and dont even feel the normal effect a lot. A bit of quickness is nice but could have been more interesting.

The gameplay is interesting at first but also very simple and it is also sad that 3 of the shroud skills are pure utility and most of the time in shroud is spend on aa and spaming 2. The power coefficients are also too low so going trailblazer isnt even that much of a loss. Hey at least its the first trailblazer tormenting rune setup that does more than 40k dps.

On a side note i like the addition of legendary projectile effects to the shroud. Would be nice if they could be added to engi kits.

• Like 1

PvPd with it.

Demolisher set worked the best on my power build. Because the class has high base hp, and blight reduces HP, having toughness over extra vitality lessened the downside of blight.

Fun mobile class. Just wish there was a way to manage blight similar to how holos have the ability to manage heat gauge. Maybe some elixirs remove blight instead of adding blight?

Need more traits that interact with blight too. Cool mechanic but is currently underused.

Also, and this goes for the two other specs as well, I'm not a fan of the creative decision of making one line "power", another "condi", and another as "utility" in the trait lines. It feels too generic.

over-all I think it's a very fresh take on the necro.

Edited by mikdepadua.8376
  • Like 4

17 minutes ago, Nephalem.8921 said:

Tested it in raids:

Currently it does WAY too much damage. The low hp is a non issue in pve. It puts necro at the same health as ele/guard but uses tormenting runes which are also adding perma sustain on top. Maybe some other posters here are just not used to dodging anymore since they usually dont have to? Its basically just ele health which is enough for all the content. I like the direction of giving it low hp high damage but the damage is just way too high currently.

It can do upwards of 45k dps currently and that is without usage of epidemic which adds a lot of extra damage in some situations.

Elixirs feel very weak. I use them only for the blight to stay at high blight for the modifier and dont even feel the normal effect a lot. A bit of quickness is nice but could have been more interesting.

The gameplay is interesting at first but also very simple and it is also sad that 3 of the shroud skills are pure utility and most of the time in shroud is spend on aa and spaming 2. The power coefficients are also too low so going trailblazer isnt even that much of a loss. Hey at least its the first trailblazer tormenting rune setup that does more than 40k dps.

On a side note i like the addition of legendary projectile effects to the shroud. Would be nice if they could be added to engi kits.

And Harbingers does not have the defensive skills that Guards and Eles have.   They have means to deal with low health and squishyness, Necromancers does not.

• Like 6

Pistol deals too low of damage and shroud deals too much damage, and you spend too many time in shroud, if the class will play on shroud 95% of the time it takes away the point of having weapons or even having skins because you're only playing shroud, beyond that the shroud is very fun, but elixirs feel a bit boring and the traits don't impact their gameplay in a way it makes then more interactive

• Like 1

Contrary to several propositions now, I'd still like them to salvage the power potential in HB. Necro lacks a ranged power build, as Reaper is strictly melee. Meanwhile, ranged condi playstile is covered well enough by Scourge, and I feel that HB solidifying in that direction would just be more of the same - effectively shroudless condi spec. Sure, squishier and more damaging, but ugh...

As for ideas towards blight traits, I feel those belong with support traitline. As it is, HB support is barebones functional, and tremendously boring. If any line should toy with blight for some increased benefits, i feel it should be that one. How about spreading blight to others to help them die faster to increase party damage, something within rev ferocity buff range? Just as concept.

Edited by Wintermute.5408
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, LucianDK.8615 said:

And Harbingers does not have the defensive skills that Guards and Eles have.   They have means to deal with low health and squishyness, Necromancers does not.

You actually do because your BIS rune is torment runes, is infinite sustain. As long as you don't get one shot and you shouldn't because in raids you have protection. You will regen in seconds with shroud and torment runes. People are way overestimating how squishy it is. Also again I would like to point out that if you are not comfortable then run trailblazer, the dps difference is even smaller compared to scourge. Then just replace pieces as you see fit.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

While I like how Harbinger feels, Blight is worthless on a support build. Vile Vials sounds good on paper, but it's fighting for your choice alongside 2 traits that buff you based on your blight. I'd suggest getting rid of Vile Vials and replacing it with a trait that makes all Elixirs heal, with the healing amount based on the number of Blight stacks you have. Combined with the Elixirs being spread to all allies, this would allow for a healing/support build that works with the Blight mechanic instead of it just being there.

For the Grandmaster traits, why are the Power and Condi traits so bad compared to the Quickness trait? The Quickness trait needs a downside to it or else the other two traits will never be taken.

Wicked Corruption and Septic Corruption

The 1% strike damage and 1% condi damage per stack should be a baseline part of how Blight functions.

Wicked Corruption Suggestion - Harbinger Shroud skills gain bonus effects while above the Blight threshold. 

Septic Corruption Suggestion - When you reach max Blight, unleash a wave of corruption from yourself that triggers a blast finisher and inflicts Poison, Torment, and Fear on nearby foes. Has a 30 second cooldown.

Vile Vials -> Twisted Medicine

Two elixir traits = no. 

Suggestion - rename Vile Vials to Twisted Medicine, and hybridize the traits. Remove the debuffs on foes, and just make it AoE boons for allies, with cooldown reduction on Elixir skills.

Dark Gunslinger

I don't like how the pistol cooldown trait slants into condi builds only.

Suggestion - Change the conversion passive to Precision - a stat useful for both Power and Condi builds.

Twisted Medicine -> Corrupt Fortune

Instead of having the Major Adept slot go to an elixir buff, have this trait share all boons on you to nearby allies when you enter Harbinger Shroud. Keep the conversion passive as Concentration.

• Like 5

Tried running a strike damage build. While I felt like I could make a decent build centered around that, shroud felt distinctly geared towards condition damage which feels odd given the choice to include trait lines for both types of damage. It would be nice if maybe the skills had higher base damage and less torment and then maybe one of the traits adds the torment back in for condition builds.

Overall I like elixirs, though it is a bit boring to have them all basically the same icon. The radius on the elixir share feels like it needs to be larger. I like the risk vs reward aspect to them with applying blight though it might be a bit harsh to have the healing skill also apply blight; maybe that and/or the stun break one could reduce the amount of blight instead of the life force gain.

2 hours ago, LucianDK.8615 said:

Have you missed they part where i wrote that tormenting runes are most likely bis? You could even use trailblazer and would still do more than 40k dps.

So here is my feedback. All in WvW mind you.

I did some zerg v zerg in Bay, but only had the chance for one 1v1 tonight. I encountered a Willbender while taking a fire shrine with the mobs still aggroed on me. I won, though a good quarter of the fight I was below 2k HP due to Blight, but never was downed. I don't know if that says more about the Willbender but I never felt pressured  even at that HP level. During the ZvZ Bay fight I found myself doing better than I do on my warrior main in surviving, which is surprising given the Blight mechanic, but is probably due to Pistol granting weakness and Aegis from the elite.

I was running Diviners gear with Pack runes. Pistol/Focus + Staff.

Death: Bot/Bot/Mid

Soul Reaping: Mid/Mid/Mid

Harb: Mid/Mid/Mid

Yeah, I did not take the damage boosting traits. Still killed things fine.

I'm fine with the shroud decay into healing, that actually helped keep the small damage hits/ticks at bay and helped survivability more than you would think. It's my opinion that the decay is too fast. As others mentioned this is a thirsty girl of a spec and she needs more tequila Life Force.

I was at 98% boon duration and I felt like the boon durations from the elixirs where quite high. That is fine in general for a specialized boon build, but Elixir of Risk becomes very strong then, as obviously does Elixir of Ambition. Since this took a max boon duration build I think this is entirely fine, just as a warrior main I am not used to seeing quickness durations that long on so many skills, and am frankly a little jealous.

The shroud skills were all great, probably because I love Reaper so much and main Warrior it felt natural to me. HS4 in HS5  to float to HS3 to damage them, then out of shroud into Pistol2->Pistol3. Its pretty fluid and intuitive, at least to me.

The traitline leads us to believe this is a hybrid spec, but the default tooltips on a Diviner build were kind of weak. AA was like 200 damage. I think in competitive play you guys need to revisit the damage coefficients a tad upwards. Not too much, since I get the feeling that the benefit of  this spec is landing so many hits in such a short time that they all add up to big total numbers in the end.

The Elixirs are simple, but then so are most of the engi ones. Here is my take on them:

Elixir of Promise: The base heal is an utter joke. I realize that it's base is so low because it gives 10% LF, which heals you in pulses, and that heal can be pumped.  You need to  balance the extremes on this. I suggest lowering the Healing coefficient on the pulsing LF heal, raise the pulsing heal base healing a little bit, and then let EoP heal for 4k instead of 1.9k

Elixir of Risk: This is great don't change it.

Elixir of Anguish: This is great don't change it.

Elixir of Bliss: I did not run this so I cannot vouch for it, but the condition removal looks nice, especially the LF conversion. The CD in WvW was too high to  be useful though.

Elixir of Ignorance: I liked this, and the resistance duration made me jealous as a warrior main, seriously please go revisit the warrior resistance skills. The CD seemed high, but that is par the course for stunbreaks in WvW.

Elixir of Ambition: This is great don't change it. The durations can get high, but then I was running that sort of build and I do not think that would be representative of the typical build.

I mentioned that the traits lean towards a hybrid setup.  You can run all power, all condi, or all boons, or mix and match. I kind of liked that, each of them especially since the boon like helps with power or condi so this brings a lot of versatility and diversity which is very often lacking in traitlines. I personally don't really want to see them changed other than building Blight's negative into the Adept tier.

Speaking of Blight... This spec already loses the Shroud HP protection AND damage reduction. That is in and of itself ENOUGH of a drawback, there isn't any real need to bring Blight into the mix. Its thematic and all, but it is needlessly complicated, and juggling your every  decreasing LF pool is enough of a job. I suggest taking the Willbender  approach and rolling a counter balance into the adept tier traits:

Wicked Corruption: Baseline the damage increase to 25% PvE/15% competitive. Lose 25% of your maximum HP (this turns it into a medium HP class after the minor trait is taken into account).

Vile Vials: Add in a counterbalance that increase condition duration on you by 10%/15% (Pve/Competitive).

Sceptic Corruption: Baseline the condition damage increase as above, lose 25%/15% boon duration (PvE/Competitive)

Or something else I'm kind of spitballing here, my main point is that Blight and the removal of Shroud damage reduction and HP protection is not needed together. I suggest getting rid of blight itself and normalizing the benefits to the Adept tier, with appropriate counter balances as needed. Perhaps change out Alchemical Vigor to something else then since the vitality would no longer be needed. I honestly don't think Blight impeded my survivability, so it is a rather wasted mechanic.

IF you keep blight then again you need to change the extremes here. Some of the elixirs should offer more than 5 stacks. Like EoI, should probably be 10 stacks if you break a stun rather than 5 if you do not. The  Elite should be 25 stacks of Blight full stop. The Heal skill, EoP should clear all Blight stacks rather than grant Blight stacks. Also, the 25s duration on Blight is too high, but if EoP can clear the stacks rather than grant stacks then that can stay.

Anyway, those were my thoughts on it as I played tonight. Good work, please take all our feedback into consideration and hopefully make some positive changes. I'll be testing Willbender on Thursday and Virtuoso on Friday.

I would like to report the voracious arc will sometime port you or performs a leap and will randomly perform dare devil staff 5 about 3 or 4 times and sometimes does not do anything no daze or damage. The blight thing isn't so bad but taking damage in shroud makes even taking the elite not worth it. I find myself in duels  doing better outside of shroud than going in it. I would suggest letting us use utility skills in shroud or just let us absorb damage like normal shroud and leave the blight as it is. this elite vs other elite is still the same old necromancer struggle as power, you have to work so hard to kill someone where as something like grenades and holo can tap my hp to 20% with little effort.

• Like 1

Early Impressions (general PvE):

-The not great:

Blight feels not great. The %HP lost feels far too high and the stacks persist for too long, especially on a class with relatively low defensive power and no Blight Stack management. Also, it just kind of...exists. Its not something you actively feel building and fading like Holosmith Heat, Druid CA Form, Warrior Adrenaline, etc. That said, the green corruption VFX on the character model is nice.

Elixir icons tell me nothing about what they do. They give no clues as to their effects/function. Smaller nitpick, they don't share the Necromancer theme of green icons.

Traits are too unfocused. The Power ones (top line), feel out of place. From a gameplay perspective, power Harbinger feels weaker than power Core, and significantly weaker than power Reaper. I would suggest reworking the power traits into something more in-line with the thematics of the spec (which seem to be condi damage and utility). Perhaps a more self-defense focused line instead of power would be better.

-The needs-something-more:

Blight needs a better health bar indicator, maybe something like Barrier, but green to be thematic.

Blight stack management is nonexistent other than "Don't go into shroud; don't use elixirs". Active management with skills/traits that could add/remove stacks would be nice.

Elixirs are underwhelming, and, unfortunately, uninteresting.  I feel they need something else to make them more interesting.

-The good:

Harbinger Shroud healing mechanic is an interesting take. Sustain is quite high with certain trait combos.

Visuals are great.

Pistol seems like a solid condi damage weapon, and the skills feel nice. That said, it kind of feels out of place. The rest of the spec seems like it wants to be melee, while the pistol wants you to sit at range. Maybe main-hand mace/sword would be a better fit?

• Like 3

Elixir Skill Icons

- The icons should be different (size, shape, etc.), not just recolored (see ENG for example)

- Think of colorblind

Elixir of Ambition

- 25 stacks of might plus all buffs

- With Twisted Medicine, the whole party is in God Mode

Doom Approaches

- When used with Lingering Curse, it's just too much condition damage

Vital Draw

- should deal extra damage or applies bleed against foes that cannot float

Wicked/Septic Corruption

- This skill scales a lot with Vulnerability (e.i. Unyielding Blast) -- too much

- Elixir of Risk gives way too much damage - might, fury, plus this trait, plus stacks of Vulnerability

Blight

- Elixir should only apply 3 stacks of Blight

- Blight Max HP reduction should be higher -- I still have 16k HP at full 25 stacks of Blight -- I should have 8k HP at full Blight stack given how much damage I'm dishing out.

Overall feel

- I like the fact how strong Harbinger is, but compare to the other two E.Spec, I think this one is simply over tuned or the others are simply underpowered

- Personally, I hope Harbinger is the standard where every other profession is ought to be.

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

10 hours ago, Sunshine.4802 said:

While shroud and pistol skills are great, elixirs just feel incredibly boring and unimpactful

This was my biggest problem and also how I also felt about Soulbeast, which was my favorite PoF spec for a time despite how intensely boring stances were. They're just not very animated, interactive or have much uniqueness between them and can't even throw them like engi and hear the glass shatter. Just not a very interesting looking skill type. In fact they're actually more like stances than elixers. 

• Like 2

I'm going to very negative I don't like most things about this class.

Firstly the gun. It functions like a lesser Engineer's pistol. I didn't even know that was possible. Fine it works you're a Necro with a gun that's fun but it could so be much more.

On skills, lLook the main thing with Elixirs in when you have them on Engineer they interact with the Toolbelt so there it's not just having a button than gives you buffs. But on Harbinger right now that's exactly what they are. The only way they interact with the class mechanic is adding Blight and you could very easily not even notice the impact until you're dead on the ground. You made Holosmith you can do a better risk and reward system than this. That had gameplay but this is just not proactive. Give us Blight spenders at the bare minimum.

Twisted Medicene can make a powerful support spec but also the most boring support spec in the game. You just press buttons off cooldown and hope you're team doesn't let you die.

Finally shroud. I don't like this shroud it's like it was cobbled together from the skills off the chopping room floor. It's 1 and 2 skills are still ranged so why give a gap closer, let alone two. A shotgun effect and a limp control AoE do not justify killing yourself in a pack of enemies.

Harbinger fails on class fantasy and design. There is no reason to play this over Reaper and Scourge unless you just want to pew-pew for a bit.

Edited by Catilleon.9258
  • Like 3