Suggestion for WvW Keep and Tower Tactics

Merrex.5384

Make it a WvW Ability that costs a lot Maybe 20-50  World Ability Points per Rank to use the Supply Drop / Cilling Fog / Centaur Banner / Ewp   ect  with the most useful ones that impact the Game costing more and  being harder to get. This way someone can not simply Make a FTP account and get to level 60 on that account and go Greef other servers. It will also stop newbie players from using the most important Skills by mistake Hopefully by the time they have enough points to use the skills they will know what they are doing.  People who pull tactics for fun or to be mean just ruin the game for hundreds of other players.  Reward the players who have invested the time and energy into WvW.

This is another one of those topics where suggestions are fair and can be good, but at the same time there are mechanics in place to manage these things already. Are those mechanics imperfect and could use suggestions and work? Yes. Yet at the same time most servers' issues with tactics comes from poor organisation and choices on their own part. If people would actually better use the private and public controls and then made suggestions based on their shortcommings, the topics would be better. So yeah the systems could use something but I don't know if a World-ability cost would be superior to private/public management of claims.

As a scout, I don't get a lot of WvW ranks.  If the cost was 20, I'd need over a week to pull a single tactic.  That would be awful, and I imagine it would feel even worse for someone still trying to rank skills.

I think that the current way tactics work is not ideal, but this is not the solution.

An imperfect improvement over the current system might be to allow guilds to have a permission list of non-guildies who could pull the tactics.

• Like 1

On 8/17/2021 at 9:10 AM, subversiontwo.7501 said:

better use the private and public controls

Maybe if Anet would fix the private controls of Tactics, people would use them. Currently they're busted and default to Public the moment a member in the guild leaves the map, regardless if they're repping said guild, have the necessary permissions, or even if there are other members on the map.

• Thanks 1

On 8/17/2021 at 10:04 AM, Merrex.5384 said:

Make it a WvW Ability that costs a lot Maybe 20-50  World Ability Points per Rank to use the Supply Drop / Cilling Fog / Centaur Banner / Ewp   ect  with the most useful ones that impact the Game costing more and  being harder to get. This way someone can not simply Make a FTP account and get to level 60 on that account and go Greef other servers. It will also stop newbie players from using the most important Skills by mistake Hopefully by the time they have enough points to use the skills they will know what they are doing.  People who pull tactics for fun or to be mean just ruin the game for hundreds of other players.  Reward the players who have invested the time and energy into WvW.

Most of our trolls aren't free to play on TC.  They have multiple alt accts, and have been trolling us for 5-9 years.  Most have 5-10k achievement points, and yes, they are troll alts.  They show up and play to troll so often that a bunch are gold rank or so.  This won't help.

• Like 1