Swimsuits; The Gold Standard [Merged]

Swimsuit Poll!  

386 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think Anet should add the Faren and Kasmeer swimwear outfits from Southsun?

• Yes.
    • Si.
    • Ja.
    • Sí.
    • No - Sike, just kidding, of course they should.

Yes please to both posts above - swimsuits and skimpy outfits for males are needed. NEEDED!

Thanks in advance Arenanet 😉

PS: Like I said when it came out, the pharaoh outfit is a good step in the right direction (minus the nonsense chest cover for males). Now just don't take 58 steps back Arenanet.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 2

The date is August 18th, a beautiful sunny day here in <insert place> here, in lovely Canada. Great replies, I very much agree. Anet, hope you're doing well, how is everyone? How are those swimsuits coming? No rush, need a hand, let me know. If you need ideas for the outfits, we can go to Swimco or something. I'll drive.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

13 minutes ago, Ember.6478 said:

It seems like the Festival of the Four winds has been forgotten or maybe Anet has taken your request seriously and decided to postpone the festival until they can provide us all with some appropriate beachwear?

An acceptable reason. Take your time, Anet! Get those swimsuits looking right.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Zuldari.3940 said:

I would be happy if they let us dye underwear, lets face it not much diff between that and swimwear. And that caca yellow brown underwear has to go, yikes.

a slightly okay alternative, but, nah, Anet is capable. Swimsuit outfit.

21 minutes ago, lokh.2695 said:

No.

I feel you, no compromise. Swimsuits or war.

• Like 3
  • Haha 9
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Altonese.6542 said:

I feel thats why im fighting so hard to get your butt on that beach getting them rays.

You see, when it's Festival of the Four Winds, I sometimes afk at the beach or on a boat, but only for so long, before I want to actually play the game. So the times I would want a fancy swimsuit are far far less than the times I would like to have my revenant not reset templates, or times where I would like my legendary armor to be actually dyable, or the times I would love to put a helmet on my charr, or the times I would like my AP armors to have dye channels. So I'd rather have ANet spend resources on something else, something I stated in many swimsuit-threads over the years, but since these new forums seem to not have a minimum char requirement, I can condense the message to a simple "No.", saves a lot of time. 😉

Also, I'm not strongly against "skimpy", but whenever people advocate this strong for it, it starts to feel needy and cringy. Isn't there enough "skimpy" for you on the web? Even more than is possible in a game that is still rated 13+ after all? Can't you find "skimpy" somewhere else? Does it need to be here? Do the devs actually have to care for "skimpy" when there is like 70% of the internet filled with "skimpy" already?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 8

2 minutes ago, lokh.2695 said:

You see, when it's Festival of the Four Winds, I sometimes afk at the beach or on a boat, but only for so long, before I want to actually play the game. So the times I would want a fancy swimsuit are far far less than the times I would like to have my revenant not reset templates, or times where I would like my legendary armor to be actually dyable, or the times I would love to put a helmet on my charr, or the times I would like my AP armors to have dye channels. So I'd rather have ANet spend resources on something else, something I stated in many swimsuit-threads over the years, but since these new forums seem to not have a minimum char requirement, I can condense the message to a simple "No.", saves a lot of time. 😉

Also, I'm not strongly against "skimpy", but whenever people advocate this strong for it, it starts to feel needy and cringy. Isn't there enough "skimpy" for you on the web? Even more than is possible in a game that is still rated 13+ after all? Can't you find "skimpy" somewhere else? Does it need to be here? Do the devs actually have to care for "skimpy" when there is like 70% of the internet filled with "skimpy" already?

They're bathing suits. To go on the beach with my guy. No one's talking about who needs more nothing, it's just a swimsuit outfit. Which can be done, and hear me out, concurrently with all that stuff you mentioned. Sounds like good stuff, go make a Gold Standard about it, I'll give you the ups.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

15 minutes ago, Mortifera.6138 said:

Yes, shirtless lads grinding for housing decorations. Thank goodness ANet doesn't listen to the playerbase.

Not sure why you thought this thread was about removing your character's chest-plate/top and grinding guild decorations. This is about swimsuit outfits. Thank you for your support tho!

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Lucio.4190 said:

I wouldn't mind getting a yellow mankini for my charr.

Only possible to use on specific beaches. Or Home Instance too?

Preferably just a capital O Outfit. I mean irl you can wear a swimsuit wherever you want. Except like, church. This is America, land of the Free. I'm asking for Tyria land of the Swimsuits

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Mortifera.6138 said:

Yes, shirtless lads grinding for housing decorations. Thank goodness ANet doesn't listen to the playerbase.

You know what's worse than shirtless lads?

A horde of of Southsun Taimi's running all over the place.

Since Anet also allows female asurans to go legally topless, imagine the scenery...

Edited by Vilin.8056

15 minutes ago, Vilin.8056 said:

You know what's worse than shirtless lads?

A horde of of Southsun Taimi's running all over the place.

Since Anet also allows female asurans to go legally topless, imagine the scenery...

Only in heavy gladiator armor since they share the male set from my knowlage.

Edited by Linken.6345

The date is uh, August 19th, and it's lookin' a little cloudy outside. Oh wait no that's -smoke- because the entire world is on fire. Anyway.

@Fire Attunement.9835 Fire, how are ya, how's the family? Hear me out, had an idea for the swimsuit gemstore release, tell the squad.

So the Swimsuit itself, I'm thinking between 700-800 gems, you know. Pretty standard, drop a ten spot on it, that's fair, and ten dollars builds up. Oh, name wise, 'Southsun Attire'? Something simple, don't have to go all out on that. Bundle idea for you, put the swimsuit itself, Southsun Kasmeer & Faren Mini's, a kite perhaps, and, maybe a chair or something that fits the theme, or heck, just like a a bunch of keys or something. Something simple, but you can justify then like a 1900-2000 gem price, hit you 20-35 dollars a pop, that's some solid cash right there. Don't do a bandit sniper thing though, make sure the outfit is available separately. Ten dollars is more than zero dollars, you know?

Hmu.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3