Swimsuits; The Gold Standard [Merged]

Swimsuit Poll!  

386 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think Anet should add the Faren and Kasmeer swimwear outfits from Southsun?

• Yes.
    • Si.
    • Ja.
    • Sí.
    • No - Sike, just kidding, of course they should.

6 hours ago, Gibson.4036 said:

Just to be clear, no one actually did that. A poster dragged an unrelated post from a thread about starter armor into this thread to make it look like that. But it was a strawman to give them something to argue against.

No one did that? And what is this? 😶

...I think we can't afford exposing innocent daughters to any more bare pixelated skin than absolutely necessary. As such, it's unthinkable to me that anyone would want to introduce swimming suits or -gasp- bikinis in the form of outfits that could possibly fill the world of tyria...

Edited by Mil.3562
  • Like 1
  • Confused 3

I've wanted the Lord Faren underwear outfit for so long, but at the time people were highly unfavorable towards the idea - it seems the 'tide' (see what I did there - the pun - beach themed - nevermind) has turned. I can literally visualize and imagine it being added to the gemstore at the same time as some sort of "Southsun" update - perhaps Anet could add some new things to the area, new skins, etc. who knows.

As much as I despise outfits with a passion now (because we still can't mix and match parts) and refuse to buy any outfits, I think the Lord Faren underwear/swimwear outfit would be an exception for me. I want to go around slaying monsters, wearing my red undies. Plus, we need skimpy skin equality for male characters, so for all those reasons, I'm a huge supporter of the Southsun Swimwear Outfit (though I wish they were also individual leg skins - maybe Anet could give us the option for that? Sort of like a 'combo' deal?).

Edited by Zaoda.1653
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Mil.3562 said:

And what is this? 😶

That's a poster using sarcasm and an out of context quote from a separate thread about a separate topic to try and make Gibson look like a hypocrite here in this one. On this topic, and in this thread, I don't think I've seen anyone trying to use 'but the children!' as an actual argument against swimwear - that's why Gibson's telling you no one has done that here. You were right in your remark that it's a silly argument to make anyway, because it totally is.

In the thread that quote comes from, Gibson expressed relief that their daughter, who doesn't enjoy skimpy clothing, is no longer automatically put in a skimpy outfit after character creation. In this thread, Gibson is cordially invited to join my beach volleyball team when swimsuits are released. We still need an opposing team though, so if potential rivals will please RSVP no later than the end of February, that'd be ideal.

Note to self: Wear swimsuit while playing Crab Toss... 📝

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

11 hours ago, The Greyhawk.9107 said:

And here I'd have thought you'd rather there not be more threads of this topic.

I've always thought it amusing that the safest thread bumpers seem to be those who oppose them. 😄

And I mean that as much as at anyone else, I laugh at myself when I just can't help responding to a thread that I wish would just quietly go away.

Edited by Gibson.4036
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, Gibson.4036 said:

I've always thought it amusing that the safest thread bumpers seem to be those who oppose them. 😄

And I mean that as much as at anyone else, I laugh at myself when I just can't help responding to a thread that I wish would just quietly go away.

Yeah, I've caught myself doing that in the past, not as much lately if only because very few get me bothered in such a way these last few months.

• Like 1

The more we approach EoD and those skiffs, the more necessary swimsuits become, and they were already entirely necessary. I'm still sticking with the claim that this is the longest running swimsuit thread and I'm here for it. It'd be entirely uncool to lock it, considering more and more people continue to show support. 207 so far!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

21 hours ago, AgentMoore.9453 said:

That's a poster using sarcasm and an out of context quote from a separate thread about a separate topic to try and make Gibson look like a hypocrite here in this one. On this topic, and in this thread, I don't think I've seen anyone trying to use 'but the children!' as an actual argument against swimwear - that's why Gibson's telling you no one has done that here. You were right in your remark that it's a silly argument to make anyway, because it totally is.

In the thread that quote comes from, Gibson expressed relief that their daughter, who doesn't enjoy skimpy clothing, is no longer automatically put in a skimpy outfit after character creation. In this thread, Gibson is cordially invited to join my beach volleyball team when swimsuits are released. We still need an opposing team though, so if potential rivals will please RSVP no later than the end of February, that'd be ideal.

Note to self: Wear swimsuit while playing Crab Toss... 📝

I know they are sarcasm but somehow I can read a hidden message between those lines, a subliminal protest 😀 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Actually there are so many ways to do this if the game wants. Sadly for now I just have to accept that one and only pair of yellow bikinis. I even went to the extend of buying an equipment template slot so that whenever i feel like taking a dip in the water, i could just remove all my gears and weapons at the click of a button without having to go through the hassle of removing and re-equipping one by one every time... see my pitiful face ANet >> 🥺

EDIT: Another reason to let us have dyable undies; enthusists will help boost the sales of equipment templates just for the convenience.

Oh and please keep those confused emojis coming. So cute 🥰

Edited by Mil.3562
  • Like 1

On 1/10/2022 at 1:30 AM, Bakeneko.5826 said:

Why do sylvari have bellybuttons?

well, I assume that is where the stem used to attach while they were growing in the Pale Tree pods.  While it is true Sylvari emerge from the dream as physically adult, I don't know how long it takes for the Pale Tree to construct a sylvari.  Placing the nutrient delivery cable near the digestive organs works for mammals, I don't see why it wouldn't work for plants.  

Edited by Zebulous.2934
a random 6
  • Like 2

It would be nice to have dye-able underwear as well.  One of the things I did accidentally once was post an upskirt shot of one of my toons.  Her color scheme is black and yellow, so I couldn't immediately tell that part of her was her underwear.  Now, if I had the option to dye it, I would color it black.  That way, it would be incredibly hard to tell where the skirt ends and the underwear begins.

Something my sister told me about wearing dresses is that you want to go with black underwear, or failing that you match the darkest tone on the skirt possible.  I.E. if you have a red and yellow patterned dress on, you wear red underwear.  Going with bright and contrasting colors just makes them a beacon.  

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

On 1/13/2022 at 2:30 AM, AgentMoore.9453 said:

I don't think I've seen anyone trying to use 'but the children!' as an actual argument against swimwear

Well, I "just" did and the quote wasn't there to somehow pretend  someone else said it in this thread, it was to point out that apparently showing skin is an issue (or a source of awkwarness) for some families. I already explained it here: https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/topic/99835-swimsuits-the-gold-standard/page/17/?tab=comments#comment-1547773 

Just because it doesn't fit your "wants" in this thread doesn't suddenly make that any less true than it was for him (or anyone else -again, this is not really about that specific person, it's an example) in another thread. Or suddenly, somehow it does? If so, I'm curious: how?

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 8

2 hours ago, Sobx.1758 said:

Well, I "just" did and the quote wasn't there to somehow pretend  someone else said it in this thread, it was to point out that apparently showing skin is an issue (or a source of awkwarness) for some families. I already explained it here: https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/topic/99835-swimsuits-the-gold-standard/page/17/?tab=comments#comment-1547773 

Just because it doesn't fit your "wants" in this thread doesn't suddenly make that any less true than it was for him (or anyone else -again, this is not really about that specific person, it's an example) in another thread. Or suddenly, somehow it does? If so, I'm curious: how?

Because the problem was not "showing skin" but "having to show skin whether you like it or not" as you can't choose your starter armor. Nobody here has ever talked about forcing others to wear swimsuits afaik.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 2

• 2 weeks later...
Just now, Verdelet.3812 said:

I'm so sorry I got two friends into the game recently and made two different posts about it in this thread.

So each friend requires a note in this thread about you wanting them to wear swimwear, while pretending it's a different post since it's another friend?

Ok, I missed that crucial difference before, thanks for pointing it out 🙂

• Confused 5

1 minute ago, Sobx.1758 said:

So each friend requires a note in this thread about you wanting them to wear swimwear, while pretending it's a different post since it's another friend?

Ok, I missed that crucial difference before, thanks for pointing it out 🙂

If you go back and check, the first friend wants swimwear. Second one who just joijned today was just an opportunity for me to keep this thread alive in a lighthearted manner. If we all had swimwear, perhaps you could go relax by the beach instead of making something of nothing at all.

• Thanks 3
  • Confused 1

Just now, Verdelet.3812 said:

If you go back and check, the first friend wants swimwear. Second one who just joijned today was just an opportunity for me to keep this thread alive in a lighthearted manner.

Exactly, by repeating the same post you've made a week ago, hence I wrote what I wrote -comedy gold 🤷‍♂️  

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Confused 4

9 hours ago, Doggie.3184 said:

Can we get these armor skins and outfits shoveled into the gemstore already please. I need something to spend preorder gems on and there hasn't been anything yet. Are we really going to be overdressed on fishing boats on release?

Don't suggest Arenanet to turn them into any other than armour. They need to be able to be mixed with armour to have as much value as possible.

Edited by Fueki.4753
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1