Swimsuits; The Gold Standard [Merged]

Swimsuit Poll!  

386 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think Anet should add the Faren and Kasmeer swimwear outfits from Southsun?

• Yes.
    • Si.
    • Ja.
    • Sí.
    • No - Sike, just kidding, of course they should.

1 hour ago, Touchme.1097 said:

Yes, as soon as I get that Magical Girl scepter skin I am definitely going to make a male Norn in a Sailor Moon cosplay with it with the longest beard there is and call it Bunny

If you got the outfit from the PoF preorder, you could use that too as a makeshift skirt. XD

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, Altonese.6542 said:

It's not complicated. It's an outfit. Easy peasy. Whoever wants to wear it wherever can wear it wherever. If magical girl outfits, school outfits and weird branch outfits don't wreck pvp/wvw/pve, neither will this. The concept is really easy to understand.

I guess there is a difference to some people whether there are some people in weird school outfits, ugly stellar skin bikinis, light beam infusion stackers fighting around you than a gazillion swimsuit chars. We don't need another buff to the human female meta.

I am strongly against it being an outfit. Make it a novelty tonic unable to fight in and I am fine with it.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 5

1 hour ago, Megametzler.5729 said:

I guess there is a difference to some people whether there are some people in weird school outfits, ugly stellar skin bikinis, light beam infusion stackers fighting around you than a gazillion swimsuit chars. We don't need another buff to the human female meta.

Must be, i really dont see the difference between anything you listed there, except that the swimsuit is much less of an eyesore.

• Like 6

2 hours ago, Megametzler.5729 said:

I am strongly against it being an outfit. Make it a novelty tonic unable to fight in and I am fine with it.

Only if they also release an outfit or a set of armor skins for each weight available to everyone (preferably in the gemstore) that is meant for people to wear underwater in combat.  I can make up maybe two such combos with the standard armor in game, and both are light armor only.  Standard armor makes no sense whatsoever underwater, if you RP at all.  There is a cook outfit and a school outfit, it's not unreasonable to want an outfit that looks like it was actually meant for underwater combat.  I don't care if it's a bathing suit or that leotard thing female Largos wear or what, but not every request for a bathing suit is about "the human female meta", whatever that means.  

• Thanks 2

The date is August 23rd! Anet, hope you're doing well! Still looking forward to that swimsuit outfit, how's that coming? Yes, I do plan on posting here once a day just to make sure you guys are on top of it - I do it out of love. Maybe respond more than once a day if someone says something poignant/supportive, or if I got weirdos in the thread talkin' about 'no swimsuits because my mom said jesus is sad'.

(Don't mean to bring you in to this Lord, but these people.)

Anyhow, lookin' good Colin, Fire, Cobalt, lookin' fresh.

• Like 5

33 minutes ago, Altonese.6542 said:

Still looking forward to that swimsuit outfit, how's that coming?

Sad news today, Dory. The summer-themed dyes that were discovered turned out to be part of the 9th anniversary birthday gift and are not in fact the harbinger of beach volleyball or swim trunks.

This is devastating news, and I'm very sorry to be the one to tell you this, but I brought a towel if you feel tears coming on. It's got a picture of a celestial black hole on it, but when I bought it, they said that just makes it more absorbent.

10 minutes ago, AgentMoore.9453 said:

Sad news today, Dory. The summer-themed dyes that were discovered turned out to be part of the 9th anniversary birthday gift and are not in fact the harbinger of beach volleyball or swim trunks.

This is devastating news, and I'm very sorry to be the one to tell you this, but I brought a towel if you feel tears coming on. It's got a picture of a celestial black hole on it, but when I bought it, they said that just makes it more absorbent.

Nah the swimsuits just must be separate, but I'mma need that towel though, cuz bed bath and beyond be crazy with their prices.

Edited by Altonese.6542
  • Like 2

15 minutes ago, kharmin.7683 said:

Just be careful.  Doing so might be considered "bumping" a thread which is against the forum rules.

Bless for the warning. Worse comes to worse, I make a new thread, but I'll make sure engagement is done, etc. Which you've helped with your warning as well, bless.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Altonese.6542 said:

Bless for the warning. Worse comes to worse, I make a new thread, but I'll make sure engagement is done, etc. Which you've helped with your warning as well, bless.

Making a duplicate thread could also run afoul of the forums rules.  Perhaps you should read them? 

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

Anything that actually lets us see Charr fur patterns, Silvari bioluminescence, and Norn tattoos would be a design win.

All these years later it's still really difficult to make that happen with the armor skins in the game, and I still feel sad for all the design work that went into those unique touches on each of those races.

Edited by Gibson.4036
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Altonese.6542 said:

A cool thought but I have to agree, Swimsuits will definitely be an outfit.

I agree.  A bathing suit seems more in line with town clothes/profession outfits (can you count being a pirate as a profession?) than armor.  Probably more people would get upset with bathing suit armor than a bathing suit outfit as well, I would think.

If they release it soon, it can be a bathing suit birthday suit.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Lyssia.4637 said:

I agree.  A bathing suit seems more in line with town clothes/profession outfits (can you count being a pirate as a profession?) than armor.  Probably more people would get upset with bathing suit armor than a bathing suit outfit as well, I would think.

If they release it soon, it can be a bathing suit birthday suit.

No reason not to release them. They do nothing to game mechanics, have models already, and don't need much work. And it's gemstore money. Revenue!

• Like 1