Swimsuits; The Gold Standard [Merged]

Swimsuit Poll!  

386 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think Anet should add the Faren and Kasmeer swimwear outfits from Southsun?

• Yes.
    • Si.
    • Ja.
    • Sí.
    • No - Sike, just kidding, of course they should.

17 hours ago, Blood Red Arachnid.2493 said:

Cruel Joke: Anet releases swimsuits... as PVE Legendary Armor that costs 1k gold per piece to craft.  

Probably, considering the invisible shoe debacle. Still the most rediculous thing they've ever done; allowing it to cost the price of a legendary. The price of two-three legendaries if you want all three armor types.

Meanwhile it costs 76 gil to hide your shoes an unlimited number of times in FFXIV, which is something a newbie can afford effortlessly, as well as all the other invisible pieces for every equipment slot.

Edited by Doggie.3184
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

On 8/23/2021 at 4:40 PM, Altonese.6542 said:

Yes, I do plan on posting here once a day just to make sure you guys are on top of it - I do it out of love. 

It reminds me of the shawshank redemption where the main character gets his library (he sent a letter each day). Still, I have reservations on the impact of a thread on a forum, where the OP is by far the most frequent poster.

1 hour ago, Gehenna.3625 said:

I have reservations on the impact of a thread on a forum, where the OP is by far the most frequent poster.

Yeah, but in a way it's kind of wholesome, isn't it? Like checking in on your beach enthusiast Tamagotchi and making sure it hasn't died from lack of attention or soft serve ice cream. Speaking of wholesome community caretaking: It is Wednesday, my dudes. Good day for swimming, innit?

4 hours ago, Paralux.6714 said:

Yes, if they make it so it's only usable at beaches or in cities.

Why are people like this. No, its an outfit, you can wear it wherever you want. Why do people have these weird caveats specifically for this outfit and not the myriad of just strange outfits we already have. I mean thanks for the support though.

3 hours ago, Gehenna.3625 said:

It reminds me of the shawshank redemption where the main character gets his library (he sent a letter each day). Still, I have reservations on the impact of a thread on a forum, where the OP is by far the most frequent poster.

Thing is, you're not wrong, in any capacity. I'm one person, yeah, but at the same time - Yep. I plan to write my letter every single day until the swimsuit outfit is released. It's not spam. It's a sustained petition. That's what you do. You know when people are like 'call your senator and tell them' - Yeah, this is that. Thing is, for those calls to work, you have to keep on it every day. Which I'm going to. It might take years. I don't know, but I'm just tired of 'thats how things are'.

Yeah well, says who? Not me. The date is August 25th, and I'm still here!

(Brief Side Note - This is not a thread for 'uhh they should focus on something -I- think is more important.' Go make a thread.)

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Altonese.6542 said:

Thing is, you're not wrong, in any capacity. I'm one person, yeah, but at the same time - Yep. I plan to write my letter every single day until the swimsuit outfit is released. It's not spam. It's a sustained petition. That's what you do. You know when people are like 'call your senator and tell them' - Yeah, this is that. Thing is, for those calls to work, you have to keep on it every day. Which I'm going to. It might take years. I don't know, but I'm just tired of 'thats how things are'.

Yeah well, says who? Not me. The date is August 25th, and I'm still here!

(Brief Side Note - This is not a thread for 'uhh they should focus on something -I- think is more important.' Go make a thread.)

Well it's fair enough in my book, though I can imagine the devs having tools to ignore threads like this instead of ignoring people and in any case they might not be as affected by a couple of threads as you might hope. I guess the other thing that comes to mind is Don Quixote 🙂 but again, I'm not asking or telling you to stop. Good luck in any case.

18 minutes ago, Gehenna.3625 said:

Well it's fair enough in my book, though I can imagine the devs having tools to ignore threads like this instead of ignoring people and in any case they might not be as affected by a couple of threads as you might hope. I guess the other thing that comes to mind is Don Quixote 🙂 but again, I'm not asking or telling you to stop. Good luck in any case.

They could. At that point, why have forums, just do what they wanna do, right? I'm also not asking for anything; Taxing, or impossible. It's quick, its a great gemstore buy to increase revenue, and it does nothing to game mechanics.

Also because Americans are weird; it does not change the game rating. This game features brutal combat, murder, and war crimes. If light armor on females hasn't made it M for Mature, swimsuits won't either.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, Altonese.6542 said:

Why are people like this. No, its an outfit, you can wear it wherever you want. Why do people have these weird caveats specifically for this outfit and not the myriad of just strange outfits we already have. I mean thanks for the support though.

Because chars battling in swimsuits is a bit.. absurd.

• Thanks 2
  • Confused 2

18 hours ago, Paralux.6714 said:

Because chars battling in swimsuits is a bit.. absurd.

Maybe their swimsuits can be invisible. They can swim in the buff since their covered by fluff.

22 hours ago, Altonese.6542 said:

Why are people like this. No, its an outfit, you can wear it wherever you want. Why do people have these weird caveats specifically for this outfit and not the myriad of just strange outfits we already have.

A Winged top and bottom on a light armor female is pretty much a swimsuit with a buttcape and I've never once heard someone yell "Oh, my eyes!" as I ran by on my Sylvari Mesmer. Feathered, Sorcerer's, Conjurer's, and Envoy all essentially are bikini tops on light armored females, and I've never seen complaints about them being in combat. Raiment of the Lich outfit  is even farther out there, leaving swimsuit behind and looking more like someone's Vampirella fantasy.

Swimsuits available as outfits would hardly break the aesthetic.

Edited by Gibson.4036
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 2

On 8/23/2021 at 5:40 PM, Altonese.6542 said:

The date is August 23rd! Anet, hope you're doing well! Still looking forward to that swimsuit outfit, how's that coming? Yes, I do plan on posting here once a day just to make sure you guys are on top of it - I do it out of love. Maybe respond more than once a day if someone says something poignant/supportive, or if I got weirdos in the thread talkin' about 'no swimsuits because my mom said jesus is sad'.

(Don't mean to bring you in to this Lord, but these people.)

Anyhow, lookin' good Colin, Fire, Cobalt, lookin' fresh.

I love the dedication 😎

Let's hope Anet cares enough to actually do it (as opposed to them pulling a quaggan fooo and ban you for some forum rule technicality).

PS: It's also hilarious to read replies from the anti-fun crowd (to be fair there's a lot fewer of them than I expected).

So, to the 5 people reading, if you're on the funside of the force make your voice heard. Maybe if Anet realizes just how popular this is they'll change their minds about it. Just like they did with their "realistic only" armor style in the beginning lol.

• Like 3