Swimsuits; The Gold Standard [Merged]

Swimsuit Poll!  

386 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think Anet should add the Faren and Kasmeer swimwear outfits from Southsun?

• Yes.
    • Si.
    • Ja.
    • Sí.
    • No - Sike, just kidding, of course they should.

46 minutes ago, Gibson.4036 said:

I wouldn’t read to much into my contributions there. I respond to far to many threads on these forums. It’s become clear to me though, that I’ve given the impression I care about dueling a lot more than I actually do. My bad.

To be fair, though, we have a better chance, no matter how small, that ArenaNet will implement swimsuits than that they will add open world dueling. 😄

Not really my impression, no worries -I'm not somehow hellbent to get dueling in the first place, more of a "why not" stance.

Here, on the other hand, it's mainly curiosity about the duality where you actively engaged in a commentary about thread's repeated responses there "because it's not going anywhere", while you're fine with this thread consisting mainly of posts made by OP for the sake of bumping the thread to the top of the page.

Sure, adding retextures has a better chance than a mostly new system, but it doesn't make OP's "gimmegimmegimme" daily repetition any more valuable when compared to the posts you were commenting on not long ago, just saying 😉

• Confused 3

1 hour ago, Sobx.1758 said:

Not really my impression, no worries -I'm not somehow hellbent to get dueling in the first place, more of a "why not" stance.

Here, on the other hand, it's mainly curiosity about the duality where you actively engaged in a commentary about thread's repeated responses there "because it's not going anywhere", while you're fine with this thread consisting mainly of posts made by OP for the sake of bumping the thread to the top of the page.

Sure, adding retextures has a better chance than a mostly new system, but it doesn't make OP's "gimmegimmegimme" daily repetition any more valuable when compared to the posts you were commenting on not long ago, just saying 😉

I think the OP came to an understanding at some point that the letter writing campaign approach didn't really suit forums, and it would be better to just have a discussion.

I like the idea of swimsuits. I also keep having more thoughts to share about them.

I did get harassed my first time in WvW because someone apparently thought the strappy Scallywag top my Sylvari was wearing was an invitation to be lewd. Did make me wonder how much swimsuits will just invite crass behavior in game.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Gibson.4036 said:

I wouldn’t read to much into my contributions there. I respond to far to many threads on these forums. It’s become clear to me though, that I’ve given the impression I care about dueling a lot more than I actually do. My bad.

To be fair, though, we have a better chance, no matter how small, that ArenaNet will implement swimsuits than that they will add open world dueling. 😄

THIS I can agree with.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Sobx.1758 said:

This all sounds like a You problem, not a Me problem. This thread isn't about dueling or whatever the frick you're talking about. It's about Anet adding swimsuits. To a vendor, gemstore, it's not that complicated.

My favorite part of this thread, beyond the lovely support for something that would be entirely nice to have, is the weirdos coming out of the woods to protest something so inconsequential to their game time. The only slightly valid reason is 'hey I'd prefer X to come out first'. That's totally understandable. Maybe a different sort of outfit is your taste, I hear you.

The rest of the excuses are friggin bland.

Also, gimmegimmegimme. (Like that isn't what most forum threads are.)

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

On 9/14/2021 at 2:46 PM, Gibson.4036 said:

Iridescent fairy wings.

I'm taking this as a sign that swimsuits are coming very soon.

I've yet to seeany outcry about seeing 50 people with fairy wings beating on the Shatterer. 😤That said, I mean, the hope never dies that we'll get something beach appropriate. You know at this point, I wouldn't even mind being told by a Dev that its not gonna happen, but I'd want to know -why-.

And if their reasons are any of those already trotted out, it's ridiculous.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

23 hours ago, Altonese.6542 said:

I've yet to seeany outcry about seeing 50 people with fairy wings beating on the Shatterer. 😤That said, I mean, the hope never dies that we'll get something beach appropriate. You know at this point, I wouldn't even mind being told by a Dev that its not gonna happen, but I'd want to know -why-.

Hm, do they still do AMAs? Maybe we could get the question in. Seems like it's been a long while since any ANet devs have done one, though. Maybe it's against policy now.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Gibson.4036 said:

Hm, do they still do AMAs? Maybe we could get the question in. Seems like it's been a long while since any ANet devs have done one, though. Maybe it's against policy now.

Hmmm Hope is a powerful thing, It keeps people coming back.  I could see how a corporation would have policies against dashing customer hopes.  The new policy may indeed be to remain silent and allow customers to keep hoping.

• Thanks 2

• 2 weeks later...

As expected but still it's sad to see this topic finally went dead, suffering the same fate as many of such similar topics over the years. I am starting to believe that now ANet can't do anything on many things.

Perhaps those guys that do the coding or whatnots have already left (or booted out of) the company and they left behind encrypted codes only they have access to. I am not an expert on this computer thingy but it's the only logical reason i can think of for why so many requests or changes could have been done for the better but were all being ignored.

Edited by Mil.3562
corrected so many mistakes for no proof reading before posting :D
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

26 minutes ago, Mil.3562 said:

As expected but still it's sad to this topic finally went dead., suffering the same fate like many same topics over the years. I am starting to believe that ANet now cannot do anything on many things.

Perhaps those guys that do the coding or whatnots have left (or booted out of) the company and they left behind encrypted codes only they have access. I am not an expert on this computer thingy but it's the only logical reason i can think of and why so many requests or changes could have been done for the better but all being ignored.

I, for one, am convinced we will be wearing swimsuits soon. It just makes too much sense for EoD. 
Gotta fight Bubbles in fashionable swim wear!

Edited by Gibson.4036
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

I tried. I really tried, but between getting hit once for 'thread bumping' (though I'm not sure how to make this a sustained petition), my RL and the constant downers, I just got tired of it too. It's a shame too, because this still is absolutely a thing Anet;

Can do. Would benefit from doing.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Altonese.6542 said:

I tried. I really tried, but between getting hit once for 'thread bumping' (though I'm not sure how to make this a sustained petition), my RL and the constant downers, I just got tired of it too. It's a shame too, because this still is absolutely a thing Anet;

Can do. Would benefit from doing.

Get yourself a couple alternate accounts to post on.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

54 minutes ago, The Greyhawk.9107 said:

Get yourself a couple alternate accounts to post on.

Oy, stop encouraging crimes! 🚓

The only crime worth mentioning here is that we don't have basic cosmetic swimwear 9 years into a game that lets you roll a max height Norn with a gianting tonic and no armor.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, AgentMoore.9453 said:

Oy, stop encouraging crimes! 🚓

The only crime worth mentioning here is that we don't have basic cosmetic swimwear 9 years into a game that lets you roll a max height Norn with a gianting tonic and no armor.

.....well, there's a difference between something being a crime and something between the ToS, and its not like anyone would know if you don't make it obvious.

Not that I actually care about this issue, but I'm bored of whats been in General lately.

• Haha 2

36 minutes ago, The Greyhawk.9107 said:

.....well, there's a difference between something being a crime and something between the ToS, and its not like anyone would know if you don't make it obvious.

Not that I actually care about this issue, but I'm bored of whats been in General lately.

And swimsuits are much more likely and needed than a mercenary system or alternate voice acting.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Tukaram.8256 said:

The game has swimsuits? I jump in the water, my armor stays on - I do not think I ever saw a swimsuit in game... Could not vote as my answer would either be 'no'.  There is already too much skimpiness in gaming. What are we - 13? 😎

If you go to Southsun Cove there is a beach where the npcs are wearing swimsuits, and player characters’ armor goes invisible to use our default underwear as swimsuit.

The goal of this thread is to request access to the npc swimsuits for PCs at the very least. Adding additional designs would be even better.

With EOD we’re headed to a tropic area with lots of water, and being given personal boats for fishing parties. Swimsuits just make sense.

Also, while there is a fair amount of skimpiness available for human, norn, and silvari females, it is very hard to show the tattoos, bioluminescence, fur or skin patterns chosen at character creation on any other characters. The skimpiness you’re referring to is only for 3/10 of the games characters.

Your 13 year old comment leads me to believe that you see revealed skin as inherently sexual. Perhaps the answer to your question is yes, you are in fact thirteen?

Edited by Gibson.4036
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

The real reason might be that the game is set in the Renaissance, when swimming was frowned upon. Washing was probably frowned upon too; have you noticed the flies swarming around our characters? We have to kill them with our swords and hammers. If no swimwear, can we at least get a legendary fly swatter?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Swimsuits are a definite must have for us. It wouldn't kill them to add some to the game. Or just add something like an "Underwater Exploration" Outfit to the game. Wetsuit, fins, mask and goggles, maybe an air tank being worn with it. Seriously, just something water related would be really nice, I don't think we've EVER gotten a water related outfit in this game (please tell me if I'm wrong, I'd like to see it on the races).

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, The Greyhawk.9107 said:

Indubitably.

I wholeheartedly agree considering mercenary system, I'm not so sure about the alt-VA. I must admit that having the same voice on each one guy of my very variable twig ensemble is a little upsetting (although I do like the male sylvari VA quite a lot).

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, anninke.7469 said:

I wholeheartedly agree considering mercenary system, I'm not so sure about the alt-VA. I must admit that having the same voice on each one guy of my very variable twig ensemble is a little upsetting (although I do like the male sylvari VA quite a lot).

I used to work in audio production, and while the tech has advanced a decent bit I still don't think its viable for most games (and developers).  Attempts at this are likely to just sound bad, particularly with actual dialog.

• Thanks 1