Swimsuits; The Gold Standard [Merged]

Swimsuit Poll!  

386 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think Anet should add the Faren and Kasmeer swimwear outfits from Southsun?

• Yes.
    • Si.
    • Ja.
    • Sí.
    • No - Sike, just kidding, of course they should.

21 minutes ago, The Greyhawk.9107 said:

I used to work in audio production, and while the tech has advanced a decent bit I still don't think its viable for most games (and developers).  Attempts at this are likely to just sound bad, particularly with actual dialog.

Yep, I'm aware it would be too resource-consuming or too bad or both. It's just that... you know... wishes, dreams, unrealistic hopes.

Okay, let's get real and keep asking for swimwear. 

• Like 1

Just wanted you to know that I still want sexy swimsuits.  I am willing to go as far as a one-piece leotard type swimsuit for the ladies. I still don't want unnecessary fabric hanging down obscuring the posterior.  frills are permissible if they are short frills.  I don't want towels around the waste or other fabric that acts like a skirt.  For that matter don't use odd bits of cloth to obscure the curvature of the male posterior either!  
No concealing mists, kelp, driftwood, animals.  Don't make the swimsuits like the zodiac armor sets! 
I flat out dare you to make concealing tentacles, there would be soooo many off-color jokes.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

25 minutes ago, Zebulous.2934 said:

Just wanted you to know that I still want sexy swimsuits.  I am willing to go as far as a one-piece leotard type swimsuit for the ladies. I still don't want unnecessary fabric hanging down obscuring the posterior.  frills are permissible if they are short frills.  I don't want towels around the waste or other fabric that acts like a skirt.  For that matter don't use odd bits of cloth to obscure the curvature of the male posterior either!  
No concealing mists, kelp, driftwood, animals.  Don't make the swimsuits like the zodiac armor sets! 
I flat out dare you to make concealing tentacles, there would be soooo many off-color jokes.

Love it. I've always said though, baseline for me though is Kasmeer's swimsuit for females, and Faren's for males. I want my boys speedo'd up and my girls bikini time.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Altonese.6542 said:

Love it. I've always said though, baseline for me though is Kasmeer's swimsuit for females, and Faren's for males. I want my boys speedo'd up and my girls bikini time.

It’d be nice to have the board short the Charr on Southsun Beach is wearing, too. Since this is 2021, I fully expect board short to be an option for females as well as males. With rash guard available for both, just short available for males.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Shiyo.3578 said:

After Blizzards lawsuit and them censoring everything until WoW is a christian MMO, I wouldn't ever expect swimsuits in this game. Western games are chained down by a minority that doesn't exist.

Leave Christians out of this, they aren't the ones trying to censor video games anymore, haven't been for ages.  Plus its against the ToS.

Edited by The Greyhawk.9107
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

7 hours ago, Shiyo.3578 said:

After Blizzards lawsuit and them censoring everything until WoW is a christian MMO, I wouldn't ever expect swimsuits in this game. Western games are chained down by a minority that doesn't exist.

The Blizzard art team has released a statement that they don't aim to remove too much sexuality from the game.

They even aim to add an Incubus glyph for Warlock's Succubus. They also claim not to touch the skimpy armour.

14 hours ago, Shiyo.3578 said:

Except there are already swimsuits in the game. Just not for use by players.

• Like 3

14 hours ago, Shiyo.3578 said:

Not to mention, if this game was under some kind of pressure from puritans, it would hardly feature Kaz/Marjory so much in the story. I don't think your moral majority bogemen are as powerful as you seem to think.

I'll refer you back a few pages to my post demonstrating that, if anything, ArenaNet seems to be pushing toward more tastefully provocative outfits recently.

Make sure to check out my post right after that, with a link to an outfit released last year that appears to cater toward a certain subculture, without being too obvious.

Edited by Gibson.4036
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, The Greyhawk.9107 said:

Leave Christians out of this, they aren't the ones trying to censor video games anymore, haven't been for ages.  Plus its against the ToS.

This, though there is an odd-subset of like, I don't even think it's a Religious group, but Soccer Mom subset that seems to be at work. Does that apply here? Probably not. ArenaNet isn't perfect, but I def have to give them heck often because I love this company, but I feel like ANet hits every coffee table in the room.

One thing they do right is inclusivity and supporting good causes like Pride/ExtraLife.

To be on topic though, no, I think Anet doesn't have any moral quandaries with the concept of swimming attire. For multiple reasons. I don't -know- what the reason is, again. It'd make money, easy to do. I don't know.

Again, when I come at ArenaNet, it's because I love both this game, and love the company, but when you like something, you criticize it. If this was Blizzard, I'd never complain. Why? Because I'd expect nothing less than absolute dog poop from Blizzard. No shockers there.

ArenaNet can, and should be expected, to do better.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Was so disappointed to see that we didn't get a pumpkin/bones/bats-themed set of swimwear with yesterday's patch, but I understand. Saving all of the swimwear to released with EoD as one of the remaining masteries is very clever of you, ArenaNet. You almost fooled me.

We'll have to earn our right to have our butts out with stats underneath through map exploration and gratuitous violence, the same way we earned our shirts and greatswords.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

I'm so depressed about their ability to remove the buttcape from Foefire Chest/Pants (cuz of the way it alternates between light/heavy and medium) but they choose not to allow us a choice. Could have been a decent psuedo island swimsuit but the buttcape attachments will get snagged on seaweed and drown us.

The models exist but the option to use either or doesn't. Hope it really doesn't get released that way, still time to split it up. 

Edited by Doggie.3184
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, Doggie.3184 said:

The models exist but the option to use either or doesn't. Hope it really doesn't get released that way, still time to split it up. 

The problem in the case of armours is not that they don't want to give an option.

Due to how armour is fixed to the different models (each armour type has its own model, which is why your character strips down if you preview a different armour type) Arenanet has to put the skirt part onto the chest for the medium version.

That's why the overwhelming majority of medium chest pieces are so long.

25 minutes ago, Fueki.4753 said:

The problem in the case of armours is not that they don't want to give an option.

Due to how armour is fixed to the different models (each armour type has its own model, which is why your character strips down if you preview a different armour type) Arenanet has to put the skirt part onto the chest for the medium version.

That's why the overwhelming majority of medium chest pieces are so long.

They don't have to. I mean, c'mon Anet, just fix it already. It's been 10 years. I want to swim in the proper attire.

Just one single thing at least every 10 years, let's go. Why is it consistantly nothing? I literally want to give you money for a product but you don't want it.

Edited by Doggie.3184
  • Like 3

10 minutes ago, Doggie.3184 said:

They don't have to. I mean, c'mon Anet, just fix it already. It's been 10 years. I want to swim in the proper attire.

Just one single thing at least every 10 years, let's go. Why is it consistantly nothing? I literally want to give you money for a product but you don't want it.

I'd love for them to fix that, too. In fact, I think it was a stupid idea for every armour weight to have it's own model to begin with.

I'd also love for Outfits to be split into armour pieces.

But apparently, Arenanet doesn't want more players to give them money.

Edited by Fueki.4753
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Fueki.4753 said:

I'd love for them to fix that, too.

But I'd love for Outfits to be split into armour pieces.

But apparently, Arenanet doesn't want more players to give them money.

That's the sad part, this basically is an outfit split into pieces, which is amazing. But it needs split up more so I can remove the buttcape, especially when the model without the buttcape is LITERALLY RIGHT THERE! It's so frustrating!

Edited by Doggie.3184
  • Like 2

14 hours ago, The Greyhawk.9107 said:

Took the comment too literally. It's a joke making fun of Blizzards censoring.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Dear ArenaNet,

I'm very grateful for the post detailing out the rest of the livestreams heading up to End of Dragons.

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/guild-wars-2-end-of-dragons-winter-livestream-broadcast-schedule/

I notice, however, that your public relations department forgot to include the date for the live stream that will showcase the addition of swimsuit skins in EoD. I can totally understand; there's just so much in the expansion to share. It's natural somethng would get missed. Even something so mind-blowingly amazing as the implementation of beach fashion.

Now that you are aware of the omission, I look forward to seeing it included as an addendum to the schedule!

Thanks,

Gibson

• Like 6
  • Haha 5

Looking at the poll, 73% yes,  only 12% no if we take the final option as a negative. The other three mean yes in different languages.

Yeah, that's one I'd buy if it  was released. Hey, one of the biggest Core events is probable Tequatl, takes place on a beach. It would be the perfect attire for that.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Sinmir.6504 said:

Yeah, that's one I'd buy if it  was released. Hey, one of the biggest Core events is probable Tequatl, takes place on a beach. It would be the perfect attire for that.

Especially if you’re there for the dive into the underwater chest afterwards!

Edited by Gibson.4036
  • Like 1

It occurred to me that swimsuits are not like some other things that people can spend pages and pages asking for, even though the devs have clearly said they aren’t going to happen.

As far as I’m aware, ArenaNet has never addressed swimsuits, let alone nixed them completely.

That puts them in a pretty good place compared to some other things. With swimwear, we actually CAN point to mounts, which the devs never turned down, and after years actually implemented.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1