Swimsuits; The Gold Standard [Merged]

Swimsuit Poll!  

386 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think Anet should add the Faren and Kasmeer swimwear outfits from Southsun?

• Yes.
    • Si.
    • Ja.
    • Sí.
    • No - Sike, just kidding, of course they should.

There's no viable reason to not implement swimsuits. Anything related to 'their vision' is nebulous and disproven by the  existence of swimsuits already. Which is a thing; they already exist. Anything related to 'skimpiness' is disproven by the female models of most light armors and outfits.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 10/6/2021 at 4:38 PM, Shiyo.3578 said:

Took the comment too literally. It's a joke making fun of Blizzards censoring.

I hear you, blizzard went too far in censoring. And imo there is no need to censor in games rated teen and above. Most of it is done not because of morality issues, but because of the vocal movements that abound nowdays. Its political more than anything , as a female gamer I have never felt the need to censor anything in games, and the gamer guy attitude that most have seen to take offense to has never bothered me. You just play the game and smack talk is part of that, we have become a nanny society, and children have no business actually playing games not rated for them. Thats on the parents, not the game companies. If there is legitimate harassment in the workplace then that should be dealt with. But this is a fantasy environment in games, not real life so lets keep the real life morality and political pandering out of it. 

• Like 2

23 hours ago, kharmin.7683 said:

No viable reason.  In your opinion.  Perhaps Anet has a perfectly viable reason, but it just hasn't been shared with the player base.

Thank you, Kharmin, for your faithful reminders that there may or may not be something we may or may not know that may or may not impact the topic at hand.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4
  • Confused 1

29 minutes ago, Gibson.4036 said:

Thank you, Kharmin, for your faithful reminders that there may or may not be something we may or may not know that may or may not impact the topic at hand.

I'm only arguing against the premise that was made that no viable reason exists.  If anything, that point should be countered instead of my clarification.

• Like 2
  • Confused 3

1 hour ago, kharmin.7683 said:

I'm only arguing against the premise that was made that no viable reason exists.  If anything, that point should be countered instead of my clarification.

My apologies. I was snarky. I need to get more rest and stop posting until I do.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Anyway there's still no viable reason that we don't have swimsuits in-game yet, and this weird idea that Anet staff team are these omni-potent beings and not just people is weird. Credit to them for what they do, and call them out when something is ridiculous. Like Icebrood Saga's ending and the lack of swimsuits. That's how you treat people you respect, you tell them when they can do better.

Do better, Anet.

• Thanks 3
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

5 hours ago, Liewec.2896 said:

i'd like a bikini top and bottoms as chest and leg armour skins, and also things like bare chest (for the guys) and loincloths.

we need more armours!

I'm really really tired.  I read this as a bikini top for leg armor and bottoms for chest.

That would be an unusual looking set of armor.

night night

😪😴😴😴

• Haha 4
  • Confused 1

9 hours ago, Friday.7864 said:

Honestly, I'm tempted to give FFXIV a go just to play a catboy in a swimsuit LOL

Oh my 😄

I wanted to post this but you are faster. FFXIV has some really decent swimsuits and i love most of them. None looked too skimpy or overly done. I am saying this from watching the vids and pictures. My friends ask me to try the game out. They have free trails too like GW2. I may go for it and probably would buy the game and stay there if i like it ^^

If FFXIV can do it, why GW2 can't !? Oh i know, because it's ANet. Booo

Edited by Mil.3562

c'moooooon Anet! Release swimsuits at the very least as outfits, and if you want to make a point, charge double the normal price.  Then you can gloat that no one really wants swimsuits that badly.

Then we can watch it backfire as everyone buys the swimsuit outfits in a rush because they are afraid that they will never be offered again.  Complaining about the price the whole time, but buying the swimsuits none-the-less.

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

13 minutes ago, Zebulous.2934 said:

c'moooooon Anet! Release swimsuits at the very least as outfits, and if you want to make a point, charge double the normal price.  Then you can gloat that no one really wants swimsuits that badly.

Then we can watch it backfire as everyone buys the swimsuit outfits in a rush because they are afraid that they will never be offered again.  Complaining about the price the whole time, but buying the swimsuits none-the-less.

That idea is nothing short of disgusting.

But Arenanet already did something similar with pissing off the people who want their characters to be barefeet, so sadly it's not unprecedented.

Edited by Fueki.4753
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

13 hours ago, Fueki.4753 said:

That idea is nothing short of disgusting.

But Arenanet already did something similar with pissing off the people who want their characters to be barefeet, so sadly it's not unprecedented.

If you happen to be a female Sylvari light armor wearer you can have bare feet for 60 silver. Everyone else has to spend about 2k gold.

Clear evidence that female Sylvari are ArenaNet’s favorite.

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

On 11/4/2021 at 4:07 AM, AgentMoore.9453 said:

It's worth pointing out that this is exactly what Gourdon wears during the Festival of the Four Winds. Can't believe the Choya get more freedom than the players. He even gets a lotion helm. SMH.

You can wear a swimsuit during festival of FW too: https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Changing_Tent

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 4

2 hours ago, Sobx.1758 said:

You can wear a swimsuit during festival of FW too: https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Changing_Tent

> Changing Tent allows you to change into a swimsuit.
> Rather than actually changing into a swimsuit, it plus (sic) characters under a transformation that hides armors, backs and weapons, revealing the underwear underneath

I can't believe a tent would boldface lie to me during a festival. I'd expect this sort of behavior from a shack, but a tent? I'm shook.

• Haha 4
  • Confused 1

On 11/6/2021 at 1:24 AM, AgentMoore.9453 said:

> Changing Tent allows you to change into a swimsuit.
> Rather than actually changing into a swimsuit, it plus (sic) characters under a transformation that hides armors, backs and weapons, revealing the underwear underneath

I can't believe a tent would boldface lie to me during a festival. I'd expect this sort of behavior from a shack, but a tent? I'm shook.

wow, stop gatekeeping swimsuits. Just because it doesn't look like you want it to look, doesn't mean it isn't one 🙃

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 5

6 hours ago, Sobx.1758 said:

wow, stop gatekeeping swimsuits. Just beacuse it doesn't look like you want it to look, doesn't mean it isn't one 🙃

That's it, pal. I'm inviting you to my next BBQ pool party. I'm dying to see what kind of underwear you consider swimwear. Guy Fieri pattern boxers or bust.

• Haha 4
  • Confused 1

On 11/6/2021 at 11:23 PM, AgentMoore.9453 said:

That's it, pal. I'm inviting you to my next BBQ pool party. I'm dying to see what kind of underwear you consider swimwear. Guy Fieri pattern boxers or bust.

Random stranger on the internet inviting me over to a BBQ pool party in november with the purpose of inspecting my underwear preferences... So that's what my mom kept warning me about.

• Haha 3
  • Confused 3

12 minutes ago, Sobx.1758 said:

Random stranger on the internet inviting me over to a BBQ pool party in november with the purpose of inspecting my underwear preferences... So that's what my mom kept warning me about.

I don't hear a 'no' there. Dang, this relationship is moving way faster than intended. And to think all I had to do was want swimwear in a videogame that lets you swim. Your mom can also attend the BBQ and weigh in on GW2 fashion if she wants; she sounds responsible.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 5
  • Confused 1