Swimsuits; The Gold Standard [Merged]

Swimsuit Poll!  

386 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think Anet should add the Faren and Kasmeer swimwear outfits from Southsun?

• Yes.
    • Si.
    • Ja.
    • Sí.
    • No - Sike, just kidding, of course they should.

After 14 pages of comments and feedback and still no news?

Ok, I have a Water Park built in my GH and all we need now is the proper dress code to jump into the water. So ANet, when are the swimsuits coming?

Sadly, whenever I feel like taking a dip in the water, i will use a blank equipment template to quickly strip down to save time and the trouble of re-equipping  one by one later. And i have to make do with my 9 year old bikinis. I want to imagine those are bikinis not undies.

ANet, I promise to be good next year. Give me a swimsuit. Pretty please?

Edited by Mil.3562
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

10 minutes ago, Mil.3562 said:

After 14 pages of comments and feedback and still no news?

Ok, I have a Water Park built in my GH and all we need now is the proper dress code to jump into the water. So ANet, when are the swimsuits coming?

Sadly, whenever I feel like taking a dip in the water, i will use a blank equipment template to quickly strip down to save time and the trouble of re-equipping  one by one later. And i have to make do with my 9 year old bikinis. I want to imagine those are bikinis not undies.

ANet, I promise to be good next year. Give me a swimsuit. Pretty please?

Lets not pretend that 2 people -including OP- having literally more than 1/3rd of the posts here through repeatedly bumping the thread up is some valuable "14 pages of comments and feedback". 🤨 

• Thanks 2
  • Confused 3

To add on, the Tea Time Chair is truly a surprise and very innovative. Love it ❤️  With new technology, I am sure giving us something as simple as changing our bikinis skin is easy now?

• @Sobx.1758 who is pretending and where in my post did I mention that these 14 pages are valuable?  Relax. Learn to tell the difference between a tease post and a legit one 😄 
  • And you can deny all 14 pages but can you deny the 180+ 'Yes' votes? Surely they are not all voted by OP plus one or two other persons? And judging from your tone, i presumed that you have this 'thing' against swimsuits and bikinis QoL in the game? 😦
Edited by Mil.3562
  • Like 4
  • Confused 1

9 hours ago, Mil.3562 said:

You, I'm not how that's not blatantly clear 🙄

9 hours ago, Mil.3562 said:
  • And you can deny all 14 pages but can you deny the 180+ 'Yes' votes? Surely they are not all voted by OP plus one or two other persons? And judging from your tone, i presumed that you have this 'thing' against swimsuits and bikinis QoL in the game? 😦

Yes, that poll with 5 "yes" responses is as valuable as the rest of this thread, good point 🙃 

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 3

3 minutes ago, Sobx.1758 said:

🙃

I'm glad you're still here; it's nice to have company when you're campaigning for a good cause. I notice you never followed up on our BBQ plans, but I understand scheduling conflicts can be pretty serious at the tail end of the year; raincheck in spring? Maybe late February?

In the meantime, I've had some new ideas for water-related goodness in addition to ye olde swimsuit:
- Ice skating boots novelty, complete with gliding, twirling, and trick animations (Sure to pair well with the sweet campfire treat and the cozy hat/sweater armor pieces)
- Icefishing chair, complete with secondary seat for those times when you and a friend want fishing to be an even lazier activity
- Surfboard Skimmer

• Haha 4
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Sobx.1758 said:

You, I'm not how that's not blatantly clear 🙄

Yes, that poll with 5 "yes" responses is as valuable as the rest of this thread, good point 🙃 

Sigh. Can't you see the no. 6 "no" response? Like yours truly? 😄 Valuable enough for you?

And, yes the rest are  all "Yes" response. This you got it right.

edit: of course you can't see it, it's subliminal to you 🙂

Edited by Mil.3562
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, AgentMoore.9453 said:

I'm glad you're still here; it's nice to have company when you're campaigning for a good cause. I notice you never followed up on our BBQ plans, but I understand scheduling conflicts can be pretty serious at the tail end of the year; raincheck in spring? Maybe late February?

In the meantime, I've had some new ideas for water-related goodness in addition to ye olde swimsuit:
- Ice skating boots novelty, complete with gliding, twirling, and trick animations (Sure to pair well with the sweet campfire treat and the cozy hat/sweater armor pieces)
- Icefishing chair, complete with secondary seat for those times when you and a friend want fishing to be an even lazier activity
- Surfboard Skimmer

Hmm.. are you serious with all those suggestions? Or are they just sarcasm? I can't differentiate, really 🤔

ANet come on!

Edited by Mil.3562

1 minute ago, Mil.3562 said:

are you serious with all those suggestions?

I am. I want to see more fun things in the gem shop (released at the times of year you'd expect, depending on what they are) with an in-world flair. ArenaNet has shown a recent interest in creative chairs and mount skins, and by pairing releases thematically, I think you can sell more of both.

And swimsuits, well swimsuits are already a no-brainer in terms of highly-marketable cosmetics with widespread appeal and near-endless options for variant/seasonal designs to maximize their profit potential. That they're not already available for purchase is truly mind-boggling.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, AgentMoore.9453 said:

And swimsuits, well swimsuits are already a no-brainer in terms of highly-marketable cosmetics with widespread appeal and near-endless options for variant/seasonal designs to maximize their profit potential. That they're not already available for purchase is truly mind-boggling.

This is defined by you and your subjective point of view.  I would expect the development and marketing teams at Anet might have different, more valid data (and not opinion) which may well be enough reason for them to not implement this request.  Perhaps it is more of a no-brainer to not waste resources on something that they don't see as having widespread appeal or significant profit potential.

Edited by kharmin.7683
  • Confused 4

Just had a new thought on this topic, due to the fact that we are getting new character appearance options today.

What if, instead of wardrobe skins, they simply included a couple swimsuit options in character creation that we could pick from as our underwear?

This could have several good consequences.

1. It would keep the mechanic consistent in the game where your gear is automatically turned invisible for swimming, like with diving goggles and the beach in southsun.

2. It would prevent swimsuit combat, because you would lose the benefit of your stats to strip down to your swimwear.

3. For anyone who desires to dress in swimsuits, it would incentivize a gear slot purchase so you could have one empty set.

4. It'd make changing in and out of swimwear really simple as you can just do the quick gear change to your empty set.

5. It could even incentivize the purchase of appearance change kits if the swimsuits were kit exclusive like other appearance options that aren't available at character creation.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Ben K.6238 said:

This reminds me of that other long thread that keeps popping up periodically.

I wonder what Tengu swimsuits would look like.

2 hours ago, Gibson.4036 said:

Well, to be fair, ANet hasn't said "No swimsuits" yet, so there is a difference. 😄

Indeed.  Unlike playable Tengu, Anet probably just isn't currently interested in swimsuit outfits while any playable race is literally unfeasible.

Edited by The Greyhawk.9107

Well, there can also be a couple other situations there - "interested but not currently working on it" or "working on it but not ready to reveal yet". Looking at what they've done with many other cosmetic features, we probably wouldn't hear anything even if they are interested in the idea.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ben K.6238 said:

Well, there can also be a couple other situations there - "interested but not currently working on it" or "working on it but not ready to reveal yet". Looking at what they've done with many other cosmetic features, we probably wouldn't hear anything even if they are interested in the idea.

Maybe, but I REALLY don't think their going to release anything like a swimsuit at this time of year.

On 11/26/2021 at 5:29 AM, Sobx.1758 said:

Lets not pretend that 2 people -including OP- having literally more than 1/3rd of the posts here through repeatedly bumping the thread up is some valuable "14 pages of comments and feedback". 🤨 

While it might not be on my priority list for the game, I would still welcome the introduction of cool swimwear. A few truly beautiful designs have been posted, so: why not? 🙂 By the way, 140 people beside me seem to agree. 😋

P.S. I am still holding my breath for some sort of exciting underwater content in EoD, but that's a different topic. Simply using the chance to mention it. 😉

Edited by Ashantara.8731
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

• 1 month later...
10 hours ago, Mil.3562 said:

Now that winter Wintersday is over and we are at the start of 2022, so ANet when will swimsuits or dyable undies be coming? Don't think we forget about this 😀

Hopefully some time soon! Especially as we near warm Canthan climes and beaches along Shing Jea Island and skiffs! It would be fantastic to see. I have also yet to read any reasonable response to why there shouldn't be outfits aside from various forms of of weird 'artistic visions' answers that don't make sense, 'I don't want it because other people want it' which, you know, okay. That, and 'they should work on other stuff!!' while they give us White Tiger / Swordsman outfits. Which I even dig the weaponmaster outfit, so not digging at it. Just clearly they have time for outfits too.

• Like 5

I'm feeling it. Winter finally arrived in my corner of the world, and the snow is coming down to make up for lost time. I'd love to be hanging out in sunny Southsun right now, plotting my aquatic fashion wars strategy in anticipation of owning my own fishing skiff.

Edited by Gibson.4036
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1