Swimsuits; The Gold Standard [Merged]

Swimsuit Poll!  

386 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think Anet should add the Faren and Kasmeer swimwear outfits from Southsun?

• Yes.
    • Si.
    • Ja.
    • Sí.
    • No - Sike, just kidding, of course they should.

I'd settle for a fix of armor sets / outfits like bounty hunter and stargazer. They have some extra fabric going down one leg side that looks pretty ridiculous.

Maybe someone feels that would make them too sexy or something? I dunno but there's really no reason for this extra cloth that sticks down one legside.

And I'd want this fixed before they bring out skins like proposed here or they'll suffer the same fate.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, lokh.2695 said:

You see, when it's Festival of the Four Winds, I sometimes afk at the beach or on a boat, but only for so long, before I want to actually play the game. So the times I would want a fancy swimsuit are far far less than the times I would like to have my revenant not reset templates, or times where I would like my legendary armor to be actually dyable, or the times I would love to put a helmet on my charr, or the times I would like my AP armors to have dye channels. So I'd rather have ANet spend resources on something else, something I stated in many swimsuit-threads over the years, but since these new forums seem to not have a minimum char requirement, I can condense the message to a simple "No.", saves a lot of time. 😉

Also, I'm not strongly against "skimpy", but whenever people advocate this strong for it, it starts to feel needy and cringy. Isn't there enough "skimpy" for you on the web? Even more than is possible in a game that is still rated 13+ after all? Can't you find "skimpy" somewhere else? Does it need to be here? Do the devs actually have to care for "skimpy" when there is like 70% of the internet filled with "skimpy" already?

I  just want them to do skimpy better than they have been. I do not understand the need to hide the curvature of the posterior with long coats, butt-flaps, and the back half of a ball-gown.  I suppose you are right, we should not be asking for more skimpy attire.  We should be asking for better skimpy attire.

• Like 3

I been wanting swimsuits since beta and it's something every MMO has and most don't even have swimming. I love swimming and underwater content and it woulda been a huge selling point to me if I didn't already play GW1 and had no idea what the future for underwater gameplay was going to become (abandoned, unsupported, unfinished).

And there's not much point to Norn tattoos and Sylvari body glow and design effects when there's no way to show them off. Some characters have 0 options, like male medium armor. And hey, you can sell gem store tattoos that are ultra simple to make in 2 seconds in photoshop.

• Like 5

Today is August 20th! Which is TGIF if you know what I mean. I hope EoD development is going strong, all that. Excited about that new Warrior Spec, hoping its good!

Taking a quick detour, if you don't mind, let's talk about the swimsuits. I think the 'head slot' is pretty obvious, right? Just sunglasses. Maybe a beach hat. Of course toggleable, you don't go -swimming- with sunglasses on unless you're just an immortal god. Oh, also, make sure to include all the cute ankle and wrist bracelets Kasmeer had! Maybe charr females can get a tail bracelet? What's the animation time on that, is that something we can fit in?

OH! Dye channels! Uhhhhh. I bet you could get away with three, -unless- you wanna go all gucci and make the bottoms and top for the female swimsuit separate. How would we translate it for the men though? You know in FF14, the men's top is like this strap. Is that a Japanese thing? I don't know.

Oh this is going to long, anyway, hmu if you guys get snagged up in the design department, you have my number. Also added a poll for people on the forums, getting an idea of the opinions of other players is great!

Edited by Altonese.6542
  • Like 3

I've been sitting here for years holding money in my hand for Faren's swimsuit and loincloth outfits and Anet is like "No, I don't want it. I wish to remain less wealthy."

I would even use actual money and not in-game gold

@Altonese.6542 "You know in FF14, the men's top is like this strap. Is that a Japanese thing? I don't know."

FFXIV has a whole water themed dungeon that drops an entire line of combat swimsuit outfits lol.

They are the best. ❤️ 

I ended up farming every one of the skins as well as getting the dyeable version in Mogstation.

Spoiler

Edited by Doggie.3184
  • Like 2

On 8/17/2021 at 1:08 PM, Altonese.6542 said:

swimsuits were meant to come out, but they didn't.

Hey Beach Barbie, check this out. Ice cream and popsicle-themed dyes? Summer time? What if your dream is about to be realized and they finally let you run around with your butt out this year?

Gotta have high high hopes.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

50 minutes ago, AgentMoore.9453 said:

Hey Beach Barbie

Let's go party~

Oh oh oh yeah~

(I accept all forms of rotten produce for composting. :P)

on topic: *ahem* Well, anyway, I definitely would not turn my nose up to swimsuits. I want my sexy guys and gals to show their stuff.  Nothing over the top, might I mind you, just something comfortable. I at times live vivaciously through my characters. 

look i'm chunky, i need some form of sexiness. :_:

• Like 1

I'm honestly curious about how quick people are to get offended over other people's fashion.

Does anyone really go around criticizing other people's fashion? I usually have trouble keeping up with my own or, I'm like, playing the game. I mean I've gotten some compliments (cool!), though some of them were kinda creepy. If I were to get criticism, I'd probably laugh them right off.

Granted I turn down Character model limits so you could be wearing whatever and I wouldn't see it. 😕

As for the whole swimsuit topic, maybe only in appropriate areas? Because at Southsun or diving your character wears their underwear only which is ironically less acceptable in most places. If anything, swimsuits would be an increase in class, not a decrease.

Edited by ArchonWing.9480
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, Altonese.6542 said:

All interesting conversation. Just kind of off point.

Swimsuits for the beach everyone, eyes on the beach ball.

Sure but you know that if they did this, the next time you go to any capital city you'll see tons of people running around in it. You know that beach wear is great for combat in the shiverpeaks right?

52 minutes ago, Gehenna.3625 said:

Sure but you know that if they did this, the next time you go to any capital city you'll see tons of people running around in it. You know that beach wear is great for combat in the shiverpeaks right?

For awhile, anyway.  I've played both City of Heroes and DC Online, both of which essentially give you a bikini as a customization option.  Surprisingly few people actually run around wearing them in those games.  Once the novelty of boobies wears off, people will go back to gigantic flaming pauldrons.

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Blood Red Arachnid.2493 said:

For awhile, anyway.  I've played both City of Heroes and DC Online, both of which essentially give you a bikini as a customization option.  Surprisingly few people actually run around wearing them in those games.  Once the novelty of boobies wears off, people will go back to gigantic flaming pauldrons.

lol, yeah I suppose that would be right. Though I do regularly see skimpy outfits, since there are some possibilities. Of course, it's barely visible due to the flashy effects people have 😂

15 hours ago, ArchonWing.9480 said:

As for the whole swimsuit topic, maybe only in appropriate areas? Because at Southsun or diving your character wears their underwear only which is ironically less acceptable in most places. If anything, swimsuits would be an increase in class, not a decrease.

Agreed about the classiness, but why make it complicated?  After all, one can run around in Vabbi in the middle of July in one's Fancy Winter's Outfit, after all.  I always figured, putting you in your underwear is a tacit admission that one needs proper bathing attire occasionally.  Not saying that they need to change that when they release the outfit, just saying... I take it as an admission that they do, in fact, recognize the usefulness of such apparel.  😄 

I say, release a bathing suit outfit, give us that neat little beach towel chair the NPCs appear to be using on that beach at the Four Winds Festival, and call it a day.  😉

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Lyssia.4637 said:

I say, release a bathing suit outfit, give us that neat little beach towel chair the NPCs appear to be using on that beach at the Four Winds Festival, and call it a day.  😉

Excellent. concise at to the point. Anyway, it's August 21st, it's looking a bit better though the smoke is still... Around. Fires -everywhere-. I also don't have much to say aside from;

'but what about the people fighting in simwsuits'
If you don't give a crap that they can fight in the already released ridiculous outfits, then it doesn't matter.

Anyway, as my friend here said. Faren and Kasmeer Swimsuits, cool beach towel chair, call it a day. Hope you're well ANet.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

As long as it is not seen in PvP, WvW and fights and stuff and just for hanging out (no pun intended)... go for a novelty, make it some tonic which don't let you attack and you're good.

I'd be curious, but would I spend gems for this? Don't know, but why not introduce it if others care? Still doubt it's gonna happen for whatever reason.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

36 minutes ago, Megametzler.5729 said:

As long as it is not seen in PvP, WvW and fights and stuff and just for hanging out (no pun intended)... go for a novelty, make it some tonic which don't let you attack and you're good.

I'd be curious, but would I spend gems for this? Don't know, but why not introduce it if others care? Still doubt it's gonna happen for whatever reason.

It's not complicated. It's an outfit. Easy peasy. Whoever wants to wear it wherever can wear it wherever. If magical girl outfits, school outfits and weird branch outfits don't wreck pvp/wvw/pve, neither will this. The concept is really easy to understand.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3

On 8/17/2021 at 7:08 PM, Altonese.6542 said:

Hey, Anet, it's me again. Saw your new outfit today. Magical Girl. Card Captor Sakura Sailor Moon, you got jokes, huh?

Yes, as soon as I get that Magical Girl scepter skin I am definitely going to make a male Norn in a Sailor Moon cosplay with it with the longest beard there is and call it Bunny

• Like 2
  • Haha 1