Swimsuits; The Gold Standard [Merged]

Swimsuit Poll!  

386 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think Anet should add the Faren and Kasmeer swimwear outfits from Southsun?

• Yes.
    • Si.
    • Ja.
    • Sí.
    • No - Sike, just kidding, of course they should.

3 minutes ago, Altonese.6542 said:

You're catching on comrade.

Yeah, I was never good at listening to what people tell me to do.

Also, you keep bringing up the days date in your posts.  If that was relevant to Arenanet and any plan to release swimsuits, wouldn't they do that at the beginning of Summer and not the very end of it?

• Confused 3

6 minutes ago, The Greyhawk.9107 said:

Yeah, I was never good at listening to what people tell me to do.

Also, you keep bringing up the days date in your posts.  If that was relevant to Arenanet and any plan to release swimsuits, wouldn't they do that at the beginning of Summer and not the very end of it?

It's relevant to me. Reminds me of what the date is if I ever forget. Also, I look forward to swimsuits any time, honestly. Give them to me in December, I'll wear 'em in snowy DR.

• Like 4

+10 for the effort, enthusiasm, perseverance and relentless self assurance that this will happen.

0, nada, zip for reality.

Eventually, the big bad wolf i mean ANet will come and says, " I'll huff and i'll puff and i'll blow your dreams away... "

The End. Sorry no happy ending for this one.

Edited by Mil.3562
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Mil.3562 said:

+10 for the effort, enthusiasm, perseverance and relentless self assurance that this will happen.

0, nada, zip for reality.

Eventually, the big bad wolf i mean ANet will come and says, " I'll huff and i'll puff and i'll blow your dreams away... "

The End. Sorry no happy ending for this one.

I choose victory.

• Like 2

I think earlier I pointed out that Charr already have modesty built into their furry covering, so they don't really need swimsuits. If there's time to design them, fine, but if it gets us swimsuits on other races because there's less work to code an invisible outfit that just removes their undergarments then maybe that's the way to go.

I was thinking this morning, and if ANet just reworked Sylvari skin color to affect their modesty leaves/petals, they wouldn't need to have any new swimsuit skins either. It wouldn't even be necessary for female Sylvari, as they have these lovely off-white, lilly like leaves for a moedsty covering. An invisible outfit would work great for a female Sylvari swimsuit.

Male Sylvari, however, end up with green modesty leaves that look absurd on most skin colors other than green. On my blue, orange, red, purple, black, and white Sylvari, the "underwear" looks like a mistake.

Now, I'm not saying make the modesty leaves match the skin exactly. That would look too weirdly like nudity from any sort of distance. But they could allow the skin color to tint the leaves the way some parts of Sylvari never go all the way to the chosen skin color. That way it would look like clothes, but also like they grew out of the Sylvari, as the model is clearly designed to indicate. For male Sylvari swimsuits, all we would need is this slight color rework and an invisible outfit would work for them as well.

Edited by Gibson.4036

August 30th, and tomorrow is Festival of the Four Winds! I wanna make sure something's clear off the top; tomorrow isn't make or break. They don't release swimsuits tomorrow? Oh well. Then I keep writing. Would it be great, make sense financially, morally, logically, and fit in with the Festival? Of course. I just don't want people coming in here like 'hehehe sucka you thought'. This thread don't die.

NO DISseNT aLLOwED.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Gibson.4036 said:

there's less work to code an invisible outfit that just removes their undergarments then maybe that's the way to go.

No no. No. No way no how, pal.

If ArenaNet somehow finds the time to sit down and cram a Charr into clown shoes and a dress, they can find the time to sit down and design some practical basic swimwear for all five of their playable races without cutting corners. Don't give them an easy out on something people want when they've put just as much effort (if not more) into things people don't. Consumers pay reals mcdeals money for cosmetics in this game, so I'm not interested in accepting a halfbutted attempt unless they're interested in being paid half their normal asking price.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, AgentMoore.9453 said:

No no. No. No way no how, pal.

If ArenaNet somehow finds the time to sit down and cram a Charr into clown shoes and a dress, they can find the time to sit down and design some practical basic swimwear for all five of their playable races without cutting corners. Don't give them an easy out on something people want when they've put just as much effort (if not more) into things people don't. Consumers pay reals mcdeals money for cosmetics in this game, so I'm not interested in accepting a halfbutted attempt unless they're interested in being paid half their normal asking price.

Sure, I'm with you there. But I'm okay with baby steps. If it gets us some swimsuits that look decent, maybe the cash flow will justify them continuing to develop them, and the kitties can get some lycra, too.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Altonese.6542 said:

August 30th, and tomorrow is Festival of the Four Winds! I wanna make sure something's clear off the top; tomorrow isn't make or break. They don't release swimsuits tomorrow? Oh well. Then I keep writing. Would it be great, make sense financially, morally, logically, and fit in with the Festival? Of course. I just don't want people coming in here like 'hehehe sucka you thought'. This thread don't die.

NO DISseNT aLLOwED.

You're dreams will be shattered.  And eventually the mods will lock this thread if its just you posting in it.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

4 hours ago, The Greyhawk.9107 said:

You're dreams will be shattered.  And eventually the mods will lock this thread if its just you posting in it.

Ah, but they aren't the only ones, and there's been some actual discussion.

The skins are there for NPCs. Can it be that difficult to make them available for players as outfits?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, The Greyhawk.9107 said:

Calm down Joker.

It's August 31st, happy Festival everyone! Would it be great if swimsuits came out with this release? Certainly. Does the fight end here if they don't? Not a chance. Shout out to everyone showing their support as well!

• Like 3