Willbender is the better Shiro.

Ulysses.2058

5 hours ago, Zenith.7301 said:

lol

Meanwhile your pathetic power renegade can barely break 35k on a LARGE HIT BOX, and isn't even a viable power class in any normal sized hitbox.

Bruh, we are not talking about golem rotations, it's about the aspect of mobility that really only matters in competitive.

Still, the very video you linked says that there's a bug that gives 10% damage increase to WB. If that's patched out, you are looking at 36k dps.

More importantly, the build plays like a dragonhunter will less utility.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, RabbitUp.8294 said:

Bruh, we are not talking about golem rotations, it's about the aspect of mobility that really only matters in competitive.

Still, the very video you linked says that there's a bug that gives 10% damage increase to WB. If that's patched out, you are looking at 36k dps.

More importantly, the build plays like a dragonhunter will less utility.

36k DPS is more than the measly 32k power renegade puts out at best on normal sized hitboxes.

The reason people are clamoring for the new revenant spec is because a power DPS spec in PvE doesn't exist, period.

Edited by Zenith.7301
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Zenith.7301 said:

lol

Meanwhile your pathetic power renegade can barely break 35k on a LARGE HIT BOX, and isn't even a viable power class in any normal sized hitbox.

Did this guy post Golem rotations in a thread obviously talking about PvP
Oh my god.

Edited by Yasai.3549
  • Haha 2

• 8 months later...

Hey all. Just coming back to the forums to say: I wasn't wrong after all!

And how sad that is. Every time I feel the urge to come back to playing Revenant (and GW2 at all, as Rev was the only profession I truly enjoyed), I just check the forums and the urge dies away. How or why they chose to turn one of the most interesting professions into the most dull, un-interactive and ineffective ones I just can't begin to guess.

The energy system is a mess. The traits are a mess (Devastation and Alliance worst of them). Greatsword, the most wanted weapon, ends up being mediocre at best. And to make things worse, Guardians get a better Shiro gameplay than us –who channel Shiro.

Feels so bad to be right sometimes.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Ye rev rn is very boring, still trying to find way how to make it good, but other classes just have more love. Best i can do is dueling1v1 vs power class , Not talking about 1v3 (harb, willy,..) core traits and class isnt bad, it is just weak, without much depth. 

Only plus is, atleast in wvw. Most of the time I feel unique, cuz im only rev here(you see renegade time to time, or hammer rev for some reason). Good for RP ngl.

Hope they will add after summer nightmare patch some item into shop, where you can change your class.

• Like 4

13 hours ago, Catchyfx.5768 said:

Ye rev rn is very boring, still trying to find way how to make it good, but other classes just have more love. Best i can do is dueling1v1 vs power class , Not talking about 1v3 (harb, willy,..) core traits and class isnt bad, it is just weak, without much depth. 

Only plus is, atleast in wvw. Most of the time I feel unique, cuz im only rev here(you see renegade time to time, or hammer rev for some reason). Good for RP ngl.

Hope they will add after summer nightmare patch some item into shop, where you can change your class.

Those hammer revs you are seeing are just some poor souls who got separated from their Zerg and can’t find their way home without a tag to follow. 

• Haha 2

23 hours ago, Ulysses.2058 said:

Hey all. Just coming back to the forums to say: I wasn't wrong after all!

No. You were wrong.

At the time of the first post (beta 1), in August, Willbender was  a POS, not even functional at any game mode, Naru and Crusaedir depised it and the spec clearly lagged behind meta builds as power Herald. Was clunky, lacked damage and had some problems in terms of sustain, and was nowhere near to replace other specs of Guard at any content.

Then, when the second beta arrived in September, Vindicator  was even stronger than Herald, with  Eternity's Requiem and Mist Unleahsed delivering 50% more damage than currently, and Saint of zu Heltzer endurance cost was 50 and provided 3K heal and 3K barrier (later the numbers were halved). That was peak time for Rev and top bottom for Willbender; the gap was simply huge (specially at PvP)

So, NOW,  NINE months after your post, Willbender not only had some polish and refinements in terms of clunkyness removed from his animations, but also got massive buffs in the March 29 balance patc: 

• Righteous Instincts: Increased bonus critical chance from 25% to 40% in PvP only.
  • Advancing Strike: Increased immobile duration from 1 second to 2 seconds in PvP and WvW.
  • Lethal Tempo: Increased damage bonus per stack from 2% to 3% in PvP and WvW.
  • Flowing Resolve: Reduced ammo recharge from 30 seconds to 20 seconds in PvP and WvW. Increased initial base heal from 783 to 1,331 in PvP and WvW.
  • Crashing Courage: Reduced cooldown from 50 seconds to 30 seconds in PvP and WvW.
  • Roiling Light: Reduced cooldown from 30 seconds to 25 seconds in PvP and WvW.
  • Heaven's Palm: Reduced cooldown from 25 seconds to 20 seconds in PvP and WvW.
  • Mighty Blow: Reduced cooldown from 8 seconds to 6 seconds in PvP and WvW.
  • Zealot's Embrace: Increased power coefficient from 0.8 to 1.2 in PvP and WvW.
  • Ring of Warding: Reduced cooldown from 30 seconds to 25 seconds in PvP and WvW.

...Which were enough to make him top meta in PvP, to the point that last MAT was won by stacking 3 guards (1 core, 2 WB) and 2 Harbingers.

Meanwhile, in the last 9 months Revenant got multiple Jalis nerfs, hammer nerfs, greatsword nerfs, Kurzick nerfs, Kalla nerfs, plus the sustain nerfs (-65%) to Devastation (heals from Battle Scars) and Runes of Tormenting that halved the price of those in the BL market.

So yes, Willbender is NOW the better Shiro, which wasn't the case 9 months ago. Is not fair to vindicate (pun intended) a claim made so far away in time after so many changes and patches, specially taking in consideration that WB has been buffed to megastar status whereas Rev had only bad news after bad news every time a patch arrived. But Naru din't use WB in MATs until March's patch.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

On 5/21/2022 at 2:35 PM, Buran.3796 said:

No. You were wrong.

At the time of the first post (beta 1), in August, Willbender was  a POS, not even functional at any game mode, Naru and Crusaedir depised it and the spec clearly lagged behind meta builds as power Herald. Was clunky, lacked damage and had some problems in terms of sustain, and was nowhere near to replace other specs of Guard at any content.

Then, when the second beta arrived in September, Vindicator  was even stronger than Herald, with  Eternity's Requiem and Mist Unleahsed delivering 50% more damage than currently, and Saint of zu Heltzer endurance cost was 50 and provided 3K heal and 3K barrier (later the numbers were halved). That was peak time for Rev and top bottom for Willbender; the gap was simply huge (specially at PvP)

So, NOW,  NINE months after your post, Willbender not only had some polish and refinements in terms of clunkyness removed from his animations, but also got massive buffs in the March 29 balance patc: 

• Righteous Instincts: Increased bonus critical chance from 25% to 40% in PvP only.
  • Advancing Strike: Increased immobile duration from 1 second to 2 seconds in PvP and WvW.
  • Lethal Tempo: Increased damage bonus per stack from 2% to 3% in PvP and WvW.
  • Flowing Resolve: Reduced ammo recharge from 30 seconds to 20 seconds in PvP and WvW. Increased initial base heal from 783 to 1,331 in PvP and WvW.
  • Crashing Courage: Reduced cooldown from 50 seconds to 30 seconds in PvP and WvW.
  • Roiling Light: Reduced cooldown from 30 seconds to 25 seconds in PvP and WvW.
  • Heaven's Palm: Reduced cooldown from 25 seconds to 20 seconds in PvP and WvW.
  • Mighty Blow: Reduced cooldown from 8 seconds to 6 seconds in PvP and WvW.
  • Zealot's Embrace: Increased power coefficient from 0.8 to 1.2 in PvP and WvW.
  • Ring of Warding: Reduced cooldown from 30 seconds to 25 seconds in PvP and WvW.

...Which were enough to make him top meta in PvP, to the point that last MAT was won by stacking 3 guards (1 core, 2 WB) and 2 Harbingers.

Meanwhile, in the last 9 months Revenant got multiple Jalis nerfs, hammer nerfs, greatsword nerfs, Kurzick nerfs, Kalla nerfs, plus the sustain nerfs (-65%) to Devastation (heals from Battle Scars) and Runes of Tormenting that halved the price of those in the BL market.

So yes, Willbender is NOW the better Shiro, which wasn't the case 9 months ago. Is not fair to vindicate (pun intended) a claim made so far away in time after so many changes and patches, specially taking in consideration that WB has been buffed to megastar status whereas Rev had only bad news after bad news every time a patch arrived. But Naru din't use WB in MATs until March's patch.

To be honest, when I made this post I wasn't talking specifically about PvP (or PvE for that matter) effectiveness –but more about how the gameplay felt and the potential it had for both professions.

And even then yes, I was mostly wrong when I posted this claim. But my fears came true after all, and that makes me sad. Both WB and Vindicator were a mess when released, but somehow I felt WB had much, much more potential. When I started playing Revenant, playing as Shiro was the thing I felt more appeal to, and seeing that potential wasted and given to another profession was the main idea behind the post.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

before i thought willbender is better shiro herald in pvp, but now i disagree

willbender is a glass nuke, while herald is way harder to kill.

many higher tier people shifted back to power herald because it can carry team better, it can burst people down while self sustain through focus if you are good.

while willbender without a good team supporting it, it dies very fast,

which is why it's meta in competitive when you have a decent team with similar skill level or having a duoq that can work together to nuke effectively.

not the case when soloqing, having to carry half a team of goldies, with no coordination.

i personally now play these two,

when i see enemy are mostly glass canon, i go shiro.

when i see enemy mostly slow tanks, i go willbender for nukes.

Edited by felix.2386
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...