Why are you allowing the beta builds in RANKED matches?

Sylanna.1947

Didn't have the time to play since the beta event went live but I was dreading that you would be able to play the specs in ranked. I don't wanna play against specs that are still a work in progress (which are probably either OP or just bad) in ranked. Let people test them out in unranked so they don't mess up an ongoing league. Supposedly you don*t keep your progress anyway with beta chars, so what's the point for ranked play?

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Trigarta.3841 said:

Didn't have the time to play since the beta event went live but I was dreading that you would be able to play the specs in ranked. I don't wanna play against specs that are still a work in progress (which are probably either OP or just bad) in ranked. Let people test them out in unranked so they don't mess up an ongoing league. Supposedly you don*t keep your progress anyway with beta chars, so what's the point for ranked play?

To brake the mold vs scourges :)

Yeah it does seem kind of odd that untested and unbalanced (due to the fact that they haven't been tuned yet, so per definition they are unbalanced) classes are allowed in competitive matchmaking. But then again, wintrading seems to have become a staple of every season's last matchday and bots are absolutely rampant so I guess beta characters in ranked is pretty much in line with how much ANet seem to care about the validity of competitive ratings.

Edited by SevlisBavles.3059
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Another thread about this that I posted in disappeared, but I'll say it again: Path of Fire fully launched a complete set of new elite specs (which were of course not balanced)  during an ongoing season. Scourge and spellbreaker in particular were absolutely busted. Given that I don't think significant balancing work will be done on these -called "beta' previews, this behavior is par for the course for ANet. Welcome to spvp.

I wrote a ticket to support asking the same, they told me to come to the forum is to create a topic "to my surprise there is already one" haha, I also told myself that developers read the forum relugadly, raising the issue I believe that pvp is a joke not only for those players who just created the beta class is are playing as the developers is a simple logic why allow a ranked beta class? It seems to me they just don't care about pvp it's a joke for them too.

The ranked pvp should contain a certain level is playing time with the character to be able to play with him not simple to create doing the tutorial is to go ranked. I played more than 800h with char created my own build reads all talents, weapons and made several builds, but what good is it if on my side there will be someone who has finished the tutorial and doesn't even know how the basic hit of the character works :D.

But as mentioned above is a bad joke, the pvp here at gw2 is only for farm.

In the beginning it's good but then you realize the neglect is negligence.

A vengeance at last won't do any good, but I think that you in this topic share the same opinion maybe not in everything but in certain parts.