Harbinger Pistol is everything that the engineer pistol should be

Ragebru.1397

You can upkeep 9 stacks of torment with misery alone. Low CD's, allowing for a spam rotation. High condi pressure, with a method to peel. 

What if engineer pistol had a faster AA rate, with a larger radius to at least make it a viable pressure weapon? Explosion radius of like 300, no increase to bleed duration, and should be able to make it viable for maintaining a decent amount of bleed stacks

• Like 16
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Well i actually like the main hand pistol skills themself of the engineer... and poison dart volley does awesome damage as well specially when traited... tho...

Harbringers pistol 2 feels way better. This is due to the  quicker cast of 1,25 sec instead of engineers 1,75 and piercing.

What really annoys me off is that we dont have a true ranged weapon. While the mainhand pistol is ... the the offhand pistol is not. Blowtorch is awesome but only on melee range. Changing it to an ordinary ranged attack would be awesome, and remove the pulzing criple from the Glueshot... make it an 2,5-3 sec immob instead.

Those changes would be awesome already.

One last note:
I still dont get why our our rifle ist 1200 range on that two skills, and pistol is 900 range, while rangers longbow is 1500 range.
Would be nice to see 1200 range on pistol and 1500 on rifle. Rifle still would be an mid range set tho, due to forth and back for optimal damage.

Edited by NeroBoron.7285

On 8/17/2021 at 3:30 PM, jwhite.7012 said:

You can upkeep 9 stacks of torment with misery alone. Low CD's, allowing for a spam rotation. High condi pressure, with a method to peel. 

What if engineer pistol had a faster AA rate, with a larger radius to at least make it a viable pressure weapon? Explosion radius of like 300, no increase to bleed duration, and should be able to make it viable for maintaining a decent amount of bleed stacks

Yep, something I've been saying for such a long time.

All that would need done for engi main hand pistol is the AA to be actually .5s cast time instead of the .8s (due to aftercast). Pistol 3 combo'd into 2 is actually a very high damaging bread and butter combo so i wouldn't touch that, but yes AA needs to be fixed. Then the pistol would be 100% complete.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Jaruselka.5943 said:

Care to share your build? 

Sure, i mainly roam wvw where i love the flexiblity when running 3-5 kits 😄 Iuse those two variants with p/sh:

Condi
[&DQMvGSY5OR8UAYQAkwGKAV8BjQGVAV4B+RKJAQAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA=]

Cele
[&DQMmPS8ZOR8UAYQAhgCGAF8BjQGVAV4B+RKJAQAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA=]

For PvE theres also a viper build. it has a pain in the kitten rota tho. Tried it years ago, but imo to complex to play and i dont enjoy it as i do in wvw. But maybe you do.
https://snowcrows.com/builds/engineer/holosmith/condition-holosmith

Edited by NeroBoron.7285
  • Like 1

There's a bug with the Thief Pistol auto attack atm (has no cast times)

I hope this bug , "corrupts" other weapons .

Even more the Rifles ... in all classes... then improve spell to spell with each month .

If ranged become too powerful , create "durability checks" where melee attacks reduce the effectiveness /drop the weapon skill from ascended to exotic for 3 min .

Edited by Noir.8561

I have three main problems with the Engineer Pistol skills:

1. They've reduce the power coefficients on all the skills. In comparison they said that the Harbinger can build for both pwr and condi.

2. They removed the piercing trait and can't aoe bleed. They gave this same functionality to Rev shortbow 

3. Glue Shot is just weak. I know it's off hand but kitten is it weak

Side note: Please let fragmentation shot interact with explosion traits.

23 minutes ago, LucianDK.8615 said:

The harbinger pistol have abyssmal power damage. About half of what condi can put out.

But it comes with a 12 sec CD AoE stun, good weakness and vulnerability and decent life force generation, making it a flexible weapon.
Engineer pistols got kitten power dmg and only function for pure condi gameplay

7 hours ago, NeroBoron.7285 said:

Sure, i mainly roam wvw where i love the flexiblity when running 3-5 kits 😄 Iuse those two variants with p/sh:

Condi
[&DQMvGSY5OR8UAYQAkwGKAV8BjQGVAV4B+RKJAQAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA=]

Cele
[&DQMmPS8ZOR8UAYQAhgCGAF8BjQGVAV4B+RKJAQAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA=]

For PvE theres also a viper build. it has a pain in the kitten rota tho. Tried it years ago, but imo to complex to play and i dont enjoy it as i do in wvw. But maybe you do.
https://snowcrows.com/builds/engineer/holosmith/condition-holosmith

Very cool!

Thanks!

18 minutes ago, Stalima.5490 said:

hmm, just how powerful was the necromancer pistol exactly because the engineer pistol seems to do pretty crazy damage with blowtorch.

Blowtorch is Off hand Pistol, not main hand pistol.
Also Blowtorch is not crazy damage, is just decent dmg, with an annoying melee/short range requirement for that dmg to be decent. Also #5 on off hand pistol is pretty much useless 

18 minutes ago, Genesis.5169 said:

Bruh guys, as much as i love engineer and engineer buffs we have toolkits and necro's do not I think it pretty unfair to compare there main hand weapons when we have 3 weapons normally, and everyone has 2.

We don't have 3 weapons normally when they have 2. We have one weapon and they have two.
Our one weapon should be as good as anyone's else weapons, we pay the price of a weapon swap + utility slot for our weapons kits. We don't need kitten weapons aswell

Edited by Amadeus.5687
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Amadeus.5687 said:

We don't have 3 weapons normally when they have 2. We have one weapon and they have two.
Our one weapon should be as good as anyone's else weapons, we pay the price of a weapon swap + utility slot for our weapons kits. We don't need kitten weapons aswell

Our Utility skills are also tool belt skills, we have alot more versatility then necros there's alot more to our story as engineers.

Edited by Genesis.5169

7 minutes ago, Genesis.5169 said:

Our Utility skills are also tool belt skills, we have alot more versatility the necros there's alot more to our story as engineers.

Yeah but we can't control what we want in the tool belt skill freely. Like don't get me wrong I love my toolbelt and I love my weapon kits and I'm happy with the trade off. 
But we don't need a "your weapons sucks" tax on top of it

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Amadeus.5687 said:

Blowtorch is Off hand Pistol, not main hand pistol.
Also Blowtorch is not crazy damage, is just decent dmg, with an annoying melee/short range requirement for that dmg to be decent. Also #5 on off hand pistol is pretty much useless 

Yes, but the main pistol is pretty strong itself, capable of very long poison as well as bleeding, did you try to combine rocket boots, purge gyro's chemical field and dual pistols together, that is quite solid condition damage output for a scrapper, probably want viper or sinister (or both) to really get things going, adding explosives into the mix can give perma fury with the rocket at longer range, alternatively tools for other useful stuff.

Edited by Stalima.5490

7 hours ago, Genesis.5169 said:

Bruh guys, as much as i love engineer and engineer buffs we have toolkits and necro's do not I think it pretty unfair to compare there main hand weapons when we have 3 weapons normally, and everyone has 2.

Shroud form?? 5 extra abilities, most of which are pretty useful. Toolkits- have 1-2 abilities that are useful per kit?

With that same logic, thief only has one f1 ability, while almost all other classes have f1-f4. That's like saying Elementalist's weapons should be bad because they get so many abilities. 

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Stalima.5490 said:

Yes, but the main pistol is pretty strong itself, capable of very long poison as well as bleeding, did you try to combine rocket boots, purge gyro's chemical field and dual pistols together, that is quite solid condition damage output for a scrapper, probably want viper or sinister (or both) to really get things going, adding explosives into the mix can give perma fury with the rocket at longer range, alternatively tools for other useful stuff.

Again I have to disagree, main hand pistol is decent weapon, but in no way is it pretty strong on itself; For several reason:

#1 auto attack have a slow projectile travel time and while the bleeding duration is ok, it's just a weak auto attack outclashed by anything else we could be doing. If they made it travel a bit faster I could live with it.

If you compare it to the harbringer pistol that can bounce, gives torment which is better and felt like it did travel faster. It's not strong agan

#2 having a cast time of 1 3/4 second is just asking for trouble and while the dmg + poison is acceptable, it really could use have the cast time lowered. But if you compare it to the Necro #2 that gives torment + vulnerability and it shoots it ½ second faster on top of it and with a 2 second lower CD. 
Again ours loose out

#Skill 3 I actually feel overall is still a super solid skill and have always  been one of my fav. but it's only really good if there is more then one enemy cause of the bounce 
Vs a AoE 1 second stun that gives poison and weakness on the same CD? I mean, you see where this is going already.

And this is coming from someone that kittening loves Pistol/Pistol on Engineer and loved in since I played it in the beta.
I used rocket boots when they still were a stunbreak that knocked you backwards and stunned you again.  I know how to make a core condition setup as Engineer.
But we are lacking behind. I didn't really feel that the Harbinger pistol were OP and I don't mind a elite spec weapon having more punch then our core weapon. But our core weapon is in a serious need of a brush up.
I'm tired off condi engineer not really being a thing in PvP anymore and I'm tired of condi engineer in PvE locks you into the piano build we have played for most of the games life time where we have to spam around in the kits for the best skills to swap out of it again

• Like 5