Warmth of Koda Enrichment and Charr

I have a male Charr that I run as my main character. I have recently obtained the Koda's Warmth Enrichment only to find massive disappointment in aura visuals over the Charr body and heavy armor. The aura is being fully covered by the Charr's body with only a small portion being revealed just under the base of the neck. There is no glow that shows this. I would appreciate seeing improvements on this in the near future as I have (as well as other Charr players) have invested a lot of time, effort, and gold to obtain this prominent enrichment. I also hope that in the future arenanet would take non-human races into consideration when developing prominent equipment.

Edited by HonesltlyX.7164
Redundant wording.
  • Like 1

You should check the wiki before going for items that cost hundreds of gold, but also:

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Koda's_Warmth_Enrichment

Excessively prominent or bulky armors or outfits will partially hide the aura.

Historically, the aura did not scale with the size of the character model, and could be completely hidden on large norn and charr models.

This issue was fixed at some point, and the aura is now fully visible on all character models regardless of their size.

Its not your race, its the armor or outfit you're wearing; the race issue was already fixed. If you're still in doubt could you please post some screenshots of the character without armor to verify a regression?

Keep in mind Koda's Warmth is extremely subtle to begin with, its not a flashy infusion.

Edited by Hannelore.8153

Thank you for the prompt response.

Prior to posting and moving forward with the investment I have checked the wiki and found the article you have referenced (which gave me assurance that it should appear just like other models). As a testing measure I unequipped my chest armor and backpack with the enrichment equipped. Unfortunately, most of the aura is still hidden. I understand this is a more subtle aura (it is actually why I liked it). I will follow up with a screenshot when I am able.

Maybe it's just me, but I am of the opinion that more exclusive rewards should be more carefully developed towards all races not as a "once size fits all" approach that have been traditionally followed with more typical equipment. I'm sure the community as whole would greatly appreciate aura's visuals properly displaying across all races.

Arguably I used mine for a light armored charr and saw that indeed atleast half of the aura is covered due to the hunched over charr position. It's still visible though. It's better seen when I use /crossarms emote and suddenly the aura is perfectly visible. It still works for my designs, but indeed anything bulkier than a layer of cloth will hide it

Here is the wiki image Koda's Warmth Enrichment - Koda's Warmth Enrichment - Guild Wars 2 Wiki (GW2W)

My charr without chest Armor Warmth of Koda without chest armor on Charr - Imgur

My charr with light Armor (Flame Legion armor) Warmth of Koda on Charr with Light armor (Flame Legion) - Imgur

Edited by Naxos.2503

@Naxos.2503Yep, looks pretty much like that on my Charr as well.

@Hannelore.8153As promised, you will find the snapshots of my Charr with the Warmth of Koda Enrichment equipped linked below. There are four snapshots which show three angles without armor and one with full armor equipped. You will find that the enrichment will be mostly hidden with only the trailing smoke from the aura being visible. 

https://imgur.com/a/RnXRamK

Linked here is pictures from the GW2 wiki to draw some comparison to the Norn race (another big model) which looks like it is properly implemented.

GW2 Wiki Norn Warmth of Koda's Enrichment

6 hours ago, HonesltlyX.7164 said:

@Naxos.2503Yep, looks pretty much like that on my Charr as well.

@Hannelore.8153As promised, you will find the snapshots of my Charr with the Warmth of Koda Enrichment equipped linked below. There are four snapshots which show three angles without armor and one with full armor equipped. You will find that the enrichment will be mostly hidden with only the trailing smoke from the aura being visible. 

https://imgur.com/a/RnXRamK

Linked here is pictures from the GW2 wiki to draw some comparison to the Norn race (another big model) which looks like it is properly implemented.

GW2 Wiki Norn Warmth of Koda's Enrichment

It looks no different any of the slimmer female charr ive seen(even in light armor.), so..even being slim doesnt help.