Can we please have a way to reset the copy of our accounts in the next BETA week?

Ziooo.8932

It's incredibly frustrating to have to deal with the pointless gear, food and upgrade components limitations on the new BETA characters.

Not only you are forced to a handful of exotic gear while we just had the legendary armory update (like, just give beta characters full legendary gear kitten), but also the food, rune and sigil options are a joke. To make things worse, the bank is copied ONLY when you create your FIRST character, deleting all of them and trying again won't reset anything. I wanted to test different rune and sigil combos that weren't included in the free chests we receive, and guess what? There is no way to get them. Can't buy on the TP, can't craft w/o leveling it to 400 (with only your current materials, since you can't buy more) literally impossible to get.

In my frustration, I deleted every beta character in the hopes that it would re-copy my account's bank. And half of the items I had on my main bank that I wanted to try out were on one of the chars I deleted. Now my bank is empty and it doesn't seem to have anything I can do to start over. This is draining my will to try out the new specs very fast, and I for sure won't care a single bit about the next beta if the same problem persists. 

Any ideas?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 3

That beta is for basic data collection to calculate and polish classes before they come out not for you to find ultimate meta build that brakes a game. If u want better test of class(eq/runa/stats) wait till it come out there is no other option. I think any way that in beta test 4 they will make lots of changes and balance so u will waist time any way to check that staff now.

• Like 5
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

17 minutes ago, Silesium.5623 said:

That beta is for basic data collection to calculate and polish classes before they come out not for you to find ultimate meta build that brakes a game. If u want better test of class(eq/runa/stats) wait till it come out there is no other option. I think any way that in beta test 4 they will make lots of changes and balance so u will waist time any way to check that staff now.

You would think they would want to know about a game breaking build before it went live though...

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Silesium.5623 said:

Cant really collect much data forced into trash gear, would make everything seem bad, no?

Proper beta should obvs give everyone temporary full legendary (armor, runes, sigils) and enough currency to buy proper infusions. Otherwise you're not really testing very properly

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 2

U forgeting that this game is very casual and the gm lf bugs. As I say wait till beta 4 when u have all classes up and some balance/bug fix right u want to test somthing that is not existing.  Example: U want to test max dps of class with best eq and infusions u got like lets say 40k dmg on golem but next beta u get 30k so u will waist ur time anyway to check that as its not final.

• Like 1

I suppose that ANet gave free gear as they did because they wanted to avoid the complaints which would inevitably happen if players put their own gear/sigils/etc. on beta characters, forgot to remove them before the end, and lost them.  It does surprise me that they allowed access to a copy of the bank.  Having done that, I can see them overlooking the possibility that players might want to use the same sigils/runes on more than one test character, because you cannot do that with real characters.

Could they have made full Legendary everything available to everyone so the plumbers could try to break the game?  I suppose.  That they did not suggests that the purpose of the beta test is to give everyone a taste, not to cater to the theory-crafters.

As to deleting all of the characters in hope of resetting, well, that was an assumption, which is always risky.

It would seem to me, that giving everyone a full Legendary Armory would generate data that isn't very accurate to the general playerbase.

How much of the population has a full Legendary Armory?

Should the Specializations be balanced on that data?

Or would the data from exotics, et. al., be more indicative of what might be encountered from the general population?

• Like 7

3 minutes ago, Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

It would seem to me, that giving everyone a full Legendary Armory would generate data that isn't very accurate to the general playerbase.

Or would the data from exotics, et. al., be more indicative of what might be encountered from the general population?

Very True

• Like 3

Sorry....Why would u expect trying out leg stat when you dint hv it on your main acc? 

Exotic gear provides reasonably stat for testing build in general.. should serve the purpose for the beta tests.. unless you hv a diff agenda and plans

Edited by Talindra.4958
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

I doubt a big proportion of the population even has full ascended, but they could've given a ascended gear boxes at least, because they are top tier stats...

You don't need legendary gear to test the specs, they're no better in stats, just convenience to swap stats/runes/sigils/infusions - and then we're on to hardcore dishing out the S tier benchmarks...

• Like 1

Just now, Dondarrion.2748 said:

that would make legendary gear completely irrelevant

No, it would still have unique appearances, which is the real endgame anyway.

A pure cosmetic endgame was good enough for the first game, I've never understood why it's not enough for GW2 as well.

I suspect it's the influx of players from other games where gear score is king.

Gear flexibility for everyone is critical for ensuring the game is easier to balance.

15 minutes ago, Dondarrion.2748 said:

that would make legendary gear completely irrelevant

I dont fully agree with Mungrul, but he has a point there. Full stat flexability would for sure open up doors on experimenting that i dont do to the current cost of a full set of everything.

Not sure what all they could give legendaries to make up for its loss though.

12 minutes ago, Mungrul.9358 said:

No, it would still have unique appearances, which is the real endgame anyway.

A pure cosmetic endgame was good enough for the first game, I've never understood why it's not enough for GW2 as well.

I suspect it's the influx of players from other games where gear score is king.

Gear flexibility for everyone is critical for ensuring the game is easier to balance.

I disagree due to 2 of 3 legendary armor skins not having unique looks. So they dont get cosmetics at all.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Dante.1763 said:

I disagree due to 2 of 3 legendary armor skins not having unique looks. So they dont get cosmetics at all.

I would hope that would be something that ANet will seriously consider fixing at some point in the future.

Realistically, while I make a lot of noise about selectable stats for everything, I'm fully aware that the likelihood this gets implemented is close to zero. Partly because ANet listens to the loudest members of the community and partly because it would dramatically impact the in-game economy, which is their primary concern, even at the expense of gameplay.

I would be willing to compromise and have them revisit Ascended gear and make it ALL have stats that can be changed for a cost, instead of the current situation where we have all armour and weapons having stats that can be changed for a reasonable cost, but only three trinkets and no breathers.

They almost got there with the Blood Ruby trinkets, but never finished off the idea.

On a related tangent, someone recently posted a link to the archived old forums, and I was able to trawl through my post history and find the original post I made suggesting selectable stats for legendaries in the first place, as well as the post confirming they'd adopted my idea.

Edited by Mungrul.9358

11 hours ago, Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

Legendary=Ascended

Full ascended isn't exactly uncommon, especially amongst people who try a beta. 

On "live" people can statchange, buy runes etc. For obvious reasons, we can't on the beta. 

The real crime is not having access to all runes/sigils as that means we can't even test all interactions. 

I had enough foresight to stock my bank with what I lacked in terms of legendaries, but for those who didn't it's a little silly. 

Obviously giving us multiple sets of ascended where we get to pick stats and access to ALL runes would achieve the same thing but surely be more annoying for everyone involved as anet then needs to make sure they didn't miss anything and would need to create categories as getting a copy of every rune/sigil in your inventory is problematic....

Also giving everyone a taste of legendary armory could inspire people to work on getting there if they don't have it. Something anet should want.

Adding a beta vendor selling all the runes/sigils/ascended pieces is another solution, but once again probably a higher effort one.

We also should be getting something for access to proper food/utilities ideally. 

Edited by lodjur.1284
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, lodjur.1284 said:

Also giving everyone a taste of legendary armory could inspire people to work on getting there if they don't have it. Something anet should want.

AWFUL idea.

Giving all players a taste of the top level  earnable QoL rewards and then returning them back to their previous state would likely turn a LOT of players off the game. They would grow quickly used to the improved state and then are rudely returned to life without it.

That said... some better system of gearing on these beta characters is a good idea, I stashed a bunch of what I thought was great gear in my bank the night before the beta started for this reason... it was inconvenient AF.

The point really is to push these specs as far as you can and you kitten sure arent doing it in Carrion gear.

1 minute ago, mindcircus.1506 said:

AWFUL idea.

Giving all players a taste of the top level  earnable QoL rewards and then returning them back to their previous state would likely turn a LOT of players off the game. They would grow quickly used to the improved state and then are rudely returned to life without it.

Other games have beta/pts where you get ridiculous QoL stuff, never been an issue there. 

We also are talking having it on a couple characters a few days. I'd agree if it was expected people would play these chars for weeks and essentially have them as "mains" but that's not the case. 

More like getting to see how the system works and how it feels to use it. 

1 minute ago, mindcircus.1506 said:

That said... some better system of gearing on these beta characters is a good idea, I stashed a bunch of what I thought was great gear in my bank the night before the beta started for this reason... it was inconvenient AF.

The point really is to push these specs as far as you can and you kitten sure arent doing it in Carrion gear.

Ye.

2 hours ago, lodjur.1284 said:

Legendary=Ascended

Full ascended isn't exactly uncommon, especially amongst people who try a beta.

Anyone, even free players, can try the beta characters.  This was probably done to try to convert some free players to paying customers.  Want to bet that a significant percentage of them have full Ascended?  I don't.

I remember a long time ago back on the old forums an ANet dev stating that a lot of players didn't even use trait lines.  Want to bet that all of them left the game, or that the ones who stayed somehow managed to get any Ascended, never mind full?  I don't.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, IndigoSundown.5419 said:

Anyone, even free players, can try the beta characters.  This was probably done to try to convert some free players to paying customers.  Want to bet that a significant percentage of them have full Ascended?  I don't.

Those people having access to real gear on the beta would somehow make them less likely to buy the game?

I'd reckon that a majority of people actually partaking in the beta (at the very least more than making 1-2 chars, hitting a few skills in lions arch and logging out) are not f2p and most likely have at least 1 character with fully ascended gear. 

Even if not what's the downside?

10 minutes ago, IndigoSundown.5419 said:

I remember a long time ago back on the old forums an ANet dev stating that a lot of players didn't even use trait lines.  Want to bet that all of them left the game, or that the ones who stayed somehow managed to get any Ascended, never mind full?  I don't.

You think the ones that don't use traitlines are the ones likely to beta test new traitlines? I somehow doubt it.