Are we losing mmr?

mrauls.6519

On 8/18/2021 at 8:51 AM, Crab Fear.1624 said:

They don't lose rating?

How come I lose rating when they are in my match/team after a loss then?

No they don't. It's hugely frustrating that they can que with us, and we loose the rating while they don't. It's actually absurd. It means that they can lawl their way through the match and not worry, while every1 else rating tanks. Happened to me repeatedly last night. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, jdawgie.1835 said:

No they don't. It's hugely frustrating that they can que with us, and we loose the rating while they don't. It's actually absurd. It means that they can lawl their way through the match and not worry, while every1 else rating tanks. Happened to me repeatedly last night. 

Really? Didn't know that.. Luckily didn't do any serious ranked except for 1 to remove the decay. That's stupid, though 😞

PS: I did not do/make any Beta's. Only interested in Warrior and Thief, for now, so might play their beta's.

Edited by Terrorsquad.2349
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, jdawgie.1835 said:

Who told you that? Ofc you lose rating when u play a beta character in ranked....

22 minutes ago, RedAvenged.5217 said:

Who told you that? Ofc you lose rating when u play a beta character in ranked....

No they dont.

7 minutes ago, WindBlade.8749 said:

you loose but it's a duplicate of your account, so only your beta character loose ranking, not the main account.

This. And the beta characters will be removed. Ipso-facto rating is irrelevant and so are all matches beta characters play. 

2 minutes ago, jdawgie.1835 said:

No they dont.

This. And the beta characters will be removed. Ipso-facto rating is irrelevant and so are all matches beta characters play. 

Do you honestly thinks anet has an algorithm to turn peoples ratings back in time- I have nearly 200 matches played with 40 on beta characters, also the beta characters on beta servers are spread out over time.

sorry there is no way for anet to un count these matches after they have been counting them for half a week

• Confused 1

4 minutes ago, RedAvenged.5217 said:

It true there is a beta server, but it affects your rating on main server too...

i don't think so, beta character basicly create a duplicate of your account, that why you actually loose rating but on a copy account so ...

You basicly play on another account character.

Edited by WindBlade.8749

Just now, WindBlade.8749 said:

i don't think so, beta character basicly create a duplicate of your account, that why you actually loose rating but on a copy account so ...

The beta characters are on copy beta servers - only on those characters , but the rating lost in ranked matches is account wide.

go lose like 10 in a row on beta characters in ranked and go to regular servers- your rating will still be with 10 losses

• Confused 1

Just now, RedAvenged.5217 said:

The beta characters are on copy beta servers - only on those characters , but the rating lost in ranked matches is account wide.

go lose like 10 in a row on beta characters in ranked and go to regular servers- your rating will still be with 10 losses

you know it's the account that is copy, exemple that proove it, your wallet, it's not linked to your characters but your account, how can you have a different wallet if it's just different characters of beta server that are on your account ....

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RedAvenged.5217 said:

Do you honestly thinks anet has an algorithm to turn peoples ratings back in time- I have nearly 200 matches played with 40 on beta characters, also the beta characters on beta servers are spread out over time.

sorry there is no way for anet to un count these matches after they have been counting them for half a week

They will remove it all together. The matches dont count my friend. Its not an argument I am looking to have in fact I actively try to avoid them on here as it does nothing. I have no ill will against you. The matches dont count. Your free believe what you wish lol. 

1 minute ago, WindBlade.8749 said:

This is correct, and once the beta characters are removed the duplicate goes with them. Therefore the rating earned/lossed are irrelevant. The fact that they are in unranked to begin with is as I said previously. Absurd. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, jdawgie.1835 said:

They will remove it all together. The matches dont count my friend. Its not an argument I am looking to have in fact I actively try to avoid them on here as it does nothing. I have no ill will against you. The matches dont count. Your free believe what you wish lol. 

This is correct, and once the beta characters are removed the duplicate goes with them. Therefore the rating earned/lossed are irrelevant. The fact that they are in unranked to begin with is as I said previously. Absurd. 

Ok this I can believe- you are saying literally everything in the game will be wiped clean after the beta???

it’s absurd , but a way of going about it

Ok this I can believe- you are saying literally everything in the game will be wiped clean after the beta???

it's not really wiped, lik i say multiple time, beta character are on a duplicate account, so what you do are counted, but since the duplicate account will be deleted, it's the same has being wiped, they don't have a super duper algo that reverse all you did on specifics characters.

Yeah this is what I was told by a large majority of the people I play with. Because they will replace the current beta characters with like three more or so? Theif war what ever else they give us next and remove the info with it. For the record I hope desperately that you are correct here I am not. I had some straight trolls last night queing for the lawls in match lol. 

1 minute ago, jdawgie.1835 said:

Yeah this is what I was told by a large majority of the people I play with. Because they will replace the current beta characters with like three more or so? Theif war what ever else they give us next and remove the info with it. For the record I hope desperately that you are correct here I am not. I had some straight trolls last night queing for the lawls in match lol. 

Well I’m not gonna call you a liar - it’s a way to go about it, but I am doubting it. I don’t think anet would wipe the data of not only the beta server but also main server.

it has a clear disclaimer that items and rewards will not be saved for the account, but I am pretty sure rating wouldn’t be a reward and is there to stay

• Like 1

Well I’m not gonna call you a liar - it’s a way to go about it, but I am doubting it. I don’t think anet would wipe the data of not only the beta server but also main server.

it has a clear disclaimer that items and rewards will not be saved for the account, but I am pretty sure rating wouldn’t be a reward and is there to stay

I hope your right. I still think Beta Characters in ranked is crazy though. 

It's impossible to revert rating. The rating of duplicate beta chars as you say would have already been spilled over to normal accounts and a full reset without notice is absurd. Rating is a form of currency in the end and losing is equivalent to giving it away. But then again half the beta was riddled with game breaking bugs like weaver barrier and they did nothing about it so ranked is already compromised

Edited by Avead.5760

On 8/17/2021 at 5:56 PM, mes.4607 said:

Playing a beta char in a ranked match makes us lose mmr if we lose?

Yes, i've been in ranked pvp on virtuoso rating gets saved.

6 minutes ago, Avead.5760 said:

It's impossible to revert rating. The rating of duplicate beta chars as you say would have already been spilled over to normal accounts and a full reset without notice is absurd. Rating is a form of currency in the end and losing is equivalent to giving it away. But then again half the beta was riddled with game breaking bugs like weaver barrier and they did nothing about it so ranked is already compromised

Yes but 2/3 of the Beta classes suck unless 2 of them are on your team you should be able to carry against willbender and virtuoso, harbinger seams alright tho/