FIX WEAVER

girlwars.5217

1 minute ago, fuzzyp.6295 said:

...Elaborate? What is busted about it right now? If the patch broke something you should make a bug report.

Or are you just saying in general that Weave Got Problems?

Currently weaver gains Barrier on every single skill activation/Attunment swap.

Its..fairly nice actually..ill be sad when its gone.(I dont go to pvp, but saw the thread.)

3 minutes ago, Dante.1763 said:

Currently weaver gains Barrier on every single skill activation/Attunment swap.

Its..fairly nice actually..ill be sad when its gone.(I dont go to pvp, but saw the thread.)

Aw darn, wish I could play today, love when the bugs are in our favor haha. That seems like it would be fun. Oh well, lets hope they fix it by tomorrow.

2 minutes ago, fuzzyp.6295 said:

Aw darn, wish I could play today, love when the bugs are in our favor haha. That seems like it would be fun. Oh well, lets hope they fix it by tomorrow.

Heres hoping they leave it alone in pve xD Its made ele alot more comfy there. But yea, its pretty broken for pvp/wvw.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

how can you defend this kitten.. have fun fighting unkillable weavers with 4k barriers just from this bug in pvp. 

In fact they should revert all ranked this 2 days with all those game breaking bugs if they are even remotely serious about that game mode 

Edited by Avead.5760
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Avead.5760 said:

how can you defend this kitten.. have fun fighting unkillable weavers with 4k barriers just from this bug in pvp. 

In fact they should revert all ranked this 2 days with all those game breaking bugs if they are even remotely serious about that game mode 

I mean, they allow beta characters in ranked too who dont lose rating where people not on beta characters do, so it really doesnt matter if weaver is unkillable lol, ranked is pointless

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Avead.5760 said:

Of course, but it just show how "little" we need to be totally viable in every game modes.

On 8/18/2021 at 9:35 PM, Avead.5760 said:

How can people defend necro and guardian being top classes for years? I think we should rework the game

• Like 1

On 8/23/2021 at 10:29 AM, keykey.9182 said:

How can people defend necro and guardian being top classes for years? I think we should rework the game

Why is that a problem to begin with? What does Necro and Guardian have to do with Ele and how it works? Nothing. Do you believe if Necro and Guardian got toppled as the top class, that somehow this would work out in favour of the Ele? I can already tell you how that will not work. Like somehow a whole game rework is going to result in a game state that everyone will just be pleased with? That's fantasy. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2

1 hour ago, Obtena.7952 said:

Why is that a problem to begin with? What does Necro and Guardian have to do with Ele and how it works? Nothing. Do you believe if Necro and Guardian got toppled as the top class, that somehow this would work out in favour of the Ele? I can already tell you how that will not work. Like somehow a whole game rework is going to result in a game state that everyone will just be pleased with? That's fantasy. 

Yes.  There is such a thing as relative performance in any competitive content and sometimes nerfs are necessary when a class is overperforming.  I'm aware that all classes are viable in all content, but balance is ongoing and anyone is welcome to their preference on the matter.

Guardian deserves to be toppled as a top class just as mirage deserved to be nerfed in competitive modes (although I disagree with their methods on that one).  A class that does practically everything better than everyone else?  Tone that kitten down, imo.  What else is balance for?

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Obtena.7952 said:

Yes, to some degree it would work in favour of the Ele and others as well, since Guardian and Necromancer make other classes worthless at this point.

12 hours ago, AliamRationem.5172 said:

Yes.  There is such a thing as relative performance in any competitive content and sometimes nerfs are necessary when a class is overperforming.  I'm aware that all classes are viable in all content, but balance is ongoing and anyone is welcome to their preference on the matter.

Guardian deserves to be toppled as a top class just as mirage deserved to be nerfed in competitive modes (although I disagree with their methods on that one).  A class that does practically everything better than everyone else?  Tone that kitten down, imo.  What else is balance for?

There should be no question: at this point, it's clear balancing efforts from Anet are not exclusively to equalize builds across classes in any game mode. Even if Anet was doing that, it's pretty obvious that players have their own ideas of what that equalization is even if Anet DID accomplish that. What we can see, there are other reasons for 'balance' since from patch notes we can see Anet is monitoring classes if they are within some thresholds of under or over played. So basically ... balance appears to be about LOTS of things. 

Again, Anet is looking at how things perform and as long as we don't know how they do that, labelling something as 'overperforming' is just as weak reasons to change something as "I want this". I have also YET to see Anet say they are making a change on class X because of Class Y or Z. There is nothing that suggests there is some 'relative' comparison between classes, not even their performance in game as evident by this thread. 

Edited by Obtena.7952
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, TrollingDemigod.3041 said:

Yes, to some degree it would work in favour of the Ele and others as well, since Guardian and Necromancer make other classes worthless at this point.

You honestly think it makes sense that a targetted class benefits from nerfing other classes? I mean, how do you see those things even related? How is the 'worth' of Ele increased if these nerfs happen?

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Obtena.7952 said:

There should be no question: at this point, it's clear balancing efforts from Anet are not exclusively to equalize builds across classes in any game mode. Even if Anet was doing that, it's pretty obvious that players have their own ideas of what that equalization is even if Anet DID accomplish that. 

Again, Anet is looking at how things perform and as long as we don't know how they do that, labelling something as 'overperforming' is just as weak reasons to change something as "I want this". I have also YET to see Anet say they are making a change on class X because of Class Y or Z. There is nothing that suggests there is some 'relative' comparison between classes, not even their performance in game as evident by this thread. 

Here.  Let me help you out.  This is taken from some release notes earlier this year:

"We weren't completely happy that the top-end power and condition damage elementalist builds have had approximately the same sustained damage, so we're making some minor, targeted reductions to the power builds and increases to condition damage sources to help condition-damage builds really shine on bosses and other hard targets, and to ensure that they aren't left behind by the effect that the torment condition change has for other professions."

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, AliamRationem.5172 said:

Here.  Let me help you out.  This is taken from some release notes earlier this year:

"We weren't completely happy that the top-end power and condition damage elementalist builds have had approximately the same sustained damage, so we're making some minor, targeted reductions to the power builds and increases to condition damage sources to help condition-damage builds really shine on bosses and other hard targets, and to ensure that they aren't left behind by the effect that the torment condition change has for other professions."

Again, the point here is that nerfing Necro and Guardian is not a fix for Ele ... that should be clear. That kind of thinking doesn't even make sense. That passage doesn't contradict this point. Anet is ensuring ele plays within a threshold here, just like I'm referring to in my post. This passage suggests they made a change to ele because it was outside that threshold because of two factors, not just because 'necro and Guardian' have been strong for too long. 

Edited by Obtena.7952
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Obtena.7952 said:

Again, the point here is that nerfing Necro and Guardian is not a fix for Ele ... that should be clear. That passage doesn't contradict this point. 

You're really getting behind the argument that they don't compare classes in making balancing decisions?  It should be apparent that if they can buff classes because they wish to increase their performance relative to other classes, that they may also nerf them due to relative performance.  You just like to argue, don't you?  You know this doesn't make sense.

• Like 5
  • Confused 1