Willbender f tier

RedAvenged.5217

8 hours ago, UNOwen.7132 said:

Heralds mobility is much lower. Yes, Herald has more damage, more CC and much higher sustain, but thats because its mobility is lower. The gap between Power Herald and Thief in all 3 of those categories is even bigger, and thief is still good.

Its really not though. People have tested it, on flat surfaces it matches or surpasses thief, and thats without stuff like judges intervention. The only part that has yet to be tested is vertical situations. But on maps where they dont matter, say capricorn, yeah Willbender is most likely just a better thief. Like, the most you could argue is that the difference in mobility to Revenant doesnt matter enough, but thats a hard argument to make when by that logic, no one should be picking thief either.

People said the same about Revenant. It ended up being the best spec by a wide margin. Lets not ignore that this community, just like any other video game community, is awful at judging things early on.

Lets start with someone that is saying that stealth is not a survival tool and that 3x different traits + weakness => makes 16% damage reduction  for Thief , and then we procced that rest of the  community is  "awful at judging things "

LoL

Edited by Noir.8561
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, Buran.3796 said:

Rev pre release was heavily critized due the intention from ANet to bring it to the game with no weapon swap and two swappable legends with predefined skills (no chance to select and ditch based on personal preferences). The final version of the Revenant arrived to the game with weapon swap and buffed stat numbers to balance the lack of polish and the weakness of the core Revenent (since was delivered to being played as the Herald specialization from the begining). Also, Revenant was initially designed to work through the management of energy, with very few cooldowns. But happens that the Herald worked exactly on the oposite way with passive effects with maitenance cost but strong active effects with no energy cost. Current Rev is more convoluted due almost every skill has now both high energy cost + bloated cooldowns, so most of the damage comes from auto attacks.

Oh Im not talking about that version. Though it would still have been broken lmao. Im talking about a later version, either the post-change pre-release one or one of the post-nerf ones. Its been years, I dont remember tbh. 

• Confused 2

4 minutes ago, lightDestroyer.1265 said:

Dude you are so wrong about stealth.   I play ranger and use my stealth a lot to survive disengage or burst.  To say stealth is bad is absoultely dishonest.  

Ranger has a ranged near instant cast stealth. That is in fact different, though even then its not very good against most classes. The issue of "the enemy can punish it using their selection of channeled attacks, ranged attacks that keep tracking for a bit, teleport into cleave or AoEs while youre not fighting back" applies.

Edited by UNOwen.7132
  • Confused 3

2 minutes ago, Noir.8561 said:

Lets start with someone that is saying that stealth is not a survival tool and that 3x different traits + weakness => makes 16% damage reduction  for Thief , and then we procced that rest of the  community is  "awful at judging things "

Yes, stealth is not a survival tool. Yes, 2 traits that do 10% on their own are 19%, its called stacking multiplicatively. Yes, the weakness wont be on, so any damage reduction from it or associated traits is ignored. This isnt exactly complex.

• Confused 3

7 hours ago, UNOwen.7132 said:

Ranger has a ranged near instant cast stealth. That is in fact different, though even then its not very good against most classes. 

The activation time  of stealth is the same as any class .

You have too near instant cast stealth :

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Blinding_Powder

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Hidden_Thief

Edited by Noir.8561
  • Like 1

Yes, stealth is not a survival tool. Yes, 2 traits that do 10% on their own are 19%, its called stacking multiplicatively. Yes, the weakness wont be on, so any damage reduction from it or associated traits is ignored. This isnt exactly complex.

Its 3x different 10% damage reduction trais + weakness + 6% from Leather

Wrong again 🙂

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Noir.8561 said:

Its 3x different 10% damage reduction trais + weakness + 6% from Leather

Wrong again 🙂

Once again, you being a new player shines through. Damage reduction stacks multiplicatively, the weakness wont be active, and "leather" is not a thing.

• Confused 2

Well, you are a new player. Your ignorance is forgiven. Its not, thief enters stealth in 1.25 seconds through BP + HS. 

Nope

Try to use BP+HS and then use Shadowstep

You will gain the stealth effect at the start of the animation and when you land with the Shadowstep , you would be already in  stealth

You dont get stealth  at the end of the 1,25 animation

Just try it , new player

You have too near instant cast stealth :

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Blinding_Powder

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Hidden_Thief

Edited by Noir.8561
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

Once again, you being a new player shines through. Damage reduction stacks multiplicatively, the weakness wont be active, and "leather" is not a thing.

The damage calculation is based on damage done to Cloth/Base  Armor

You get more as Leather user .

Weakness will be active . Its always active in all classes . You just simply must use dodge once more

Wrong again

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Just now, Noir.8561 said:

Nope

Try to use BP+HS and then use Shadowstep

You will gain the stealth effect at the start of the animation

Just try it , new player

Wait. Oh its you. That one clueless guy, just using a different account. Did your main get banned? Yeah sorry, you dont. You dont gain stealth until the heartseeker animation finishes. I guess Ill just ignore every other time you say something wrong given I taught you this like 3 dozen times back then and you never learned it.

• Confused 2

Wait. Oh its you. That one clueless guy, just using a different account. Did your main get banned? Yeah sorry, you dont. You dont gain stealth until the heartseeker animation finishes. I guess Ill just ignore every other time you say something wrong given I taught you this like 3 dozen times back then and you never learned it.

?

Use the combo and then immediately use Shadowstep

You don't get the stealth at the end  of the 1.25 sec combo

Just use it new guy

Edited by Noir.8561
  • Confused 1

19 minutes ago, UNOwen.7132 said:

Stealth isn’t a survival tool?

What an utterly delusional statement to make, do you even play GW2?

• Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Noir.8561 said:

?

Use the combo and then immediately use Shadowstep

You don't get the stealth at the end  of the 1.25 sec combo

Just use it new guy

As I, and multiple other people, have taught you back then, you do in fact only get the stealth at the end of heartseekers animation. Shadowstep doesnt change it. Id tell you to try it yourself, but as we have established ,you refuse to learn.

• Confused 2

1 minute ago, Ezrael.6859 said:

Stealth isn’t a survival tool?

What an utterly delusional statement to make, do you even play GW2?

Yes. Do you? Because if you did, youd know its not. Thats why pretty much every time I point out the issues with stealth as a defensive tool, the counterarguments people have are always "just combine stealth with [insert actual defensive tool that is doing all of the defending in this interaction] and that issue isnt there anymore". And yknow, if you need to evade to make stealth safe, maybe its the evade that is defensive.

• Confused 2

As I, and multiple other people, have taught you back then, you do in fact only get the stealth at the end of heartseekers animation. Shadowstep doesnt change it. Id tell you to try it yourself, but as we have established ,you refuse to learn.

?

Show me your video to disapprove the things i am saying .

If you use the Heart seeker +Black Powder combo and then push the Shadowstep , there will be 2 options :

a) because you gain stealth at the end of the combo , Shadowstep will interupt the process of you getting the Stealth .

b) You get stealth at the start of the animation , so the 1,25 sec rule of yours is invalid

Show to me your  video

Edited by Noir.8561
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, UNOwen.7132 said:

Yes. Do you? Because if you did, youd know its not. Thats why pretty much every time I point out the issues with stealth as a defensive tool, the counterarguments people have are always "just combine stealth with [insert actual defensive tool that is doing all of the defending in this interaction] and that issue isnt there anymore". And yknow, if you need to evade to make stealth safe, maybe its the evade that is defensive.

or maybe 6s stealth + 1 dodge = 6+ sec of safety while dodge alone is 0,75s safety ? have you consider that mathematician ?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, UNOwen.7132 said:

Stealth is both a survival tool and provides cover to make an initial surprise attack.

Perhaps you’re using stealth at the wrong time if you keep failing.

The fact that you think it’s not a survival tool though shows a huge disconnect between your thinking ability and the game mechanics.

7 minutes ago, Leonidrex.5649 said:

or maybe 6s stealth + 1 dodge = 6+ sec of safety while dodge alone is 0,75s safety ? have you consider that mathematician ?

Oh no. 6s of stealth + 1 dodge = 1 dodge worth of safety and then getting AoE and being cleaved down. Or channeled through. Have you forgotten the enemy can still use those?

• Confused 3

9 minutes ago, Noir.8561 said:

?

Show me your video to disapprove the things i am saying .

If you use the Heart seeker +Black Powder combo and then push the Shadowstep , there will be 2 options :

a) because you gain stealth at the end of the combo , Shadowstep will interupt the process of you getting the Stealth .

b) You get stealth at the start of the animation , so the 1,25 sec rule of yours is invalid

Show to me your  video

We showed you a video back then. You saw it. You still spout the same nonsense. Now as for why it doesnt work, Shadowstep is instant cast. It doesnt interrupt cast times, so the heartseeker animation finishes, and then you get stealth. 

• Confused 2

3 minutes ago, Ezrael.6859 said:

Stealth is both a survival tool and provides cover to make an initial surprise attack.

No. Its the latter, but not the former.

Perhaps you’re using stealth at the wrong time if you keep failing.

I only play Engineer, and Im not gonna use Throw Elixir S as an attempt to defend. But I play against a lot of poor theives using stealth as defense. It has never worked for them. They always get punished for it, or get forced to use an actually good defensive tool.

The fact that you think it’s not a survival tool though shows a huge disconnect between your thinking ability and the game mechanics.

Nope. The fact that you think it is a survival tool shows a disconnect between your claims and your experience. 

• Confused 2

Oh no. 6s of stealth + 1 dodge = 1 dodge worth of safety and then getting AoE and being cleaved down. Or channeled through. Have you forgotten the enemy can still use those?

Like powerdip channel attacks ?

Just use the 450 yard range to reposition yourself while in stealth , or use Shadowstep or steal

1 minute ago, Noir.8561 said:

Like powerdip channel attacks ?

Just use the 450 yard range to reposition yourself while in stealth , or use Shadowstep or steal

They still do a lot of damage to thief. The reposition doesnt work. And if youre using shadowstep, it was shadowstep that was the defensive tool that was useful there. Stealth did nothing. And that is precisely the issue.

• Confused 1

We showed you a video back then. You saw it. You still spout the same nonsense. Now as for why it doesnt work, Shadowstep is instant cast. It doesnt interrupt cast times, so the heartseeker animation finishes, and then you get stealth. 

?

Just show me a video  where the thief gets the  stealth after 1.25 sec 

They still do a lot of damage to thief. The reposition doesnt work. And if youre using shadowstep, it was shadowstep that was the defensive tool that was useful there. Stealth did nothing. And that is precisely the issue.

You are the one saying they can track you .

You can reposition/dodge if they get close , and they dont know once again where you are

You know you can dodge in stealth to avoid the channel attacks right ?

Wrong again

Edited by Noir.8561
  • Like 1