Exotic armory

11 hours ago, Mungrul.9358 said:

I think that's the critical big mistake ANet made when moving from GW1 to GW2. They should never have made builds so heavily dependent on gear.

in really is their big hit.

i really do like "old school" MMOs concept of gearing up your character.

if Anet heard every minimalistic idea this game would be turned into a boring mini-game with just press #1 long time ago.

Edited by ugrakarma.9416

Tbh, being poor in game is a choice. Earning gold happens by doing content, saving and aiming towards goals, bit by bit. As they say, 'Rome was not built in a day' which can also be applied to rich players, most earnt what they have through working towards it, bit by bit.

If you want to save space and easily swap gear between classes of the same weight, work for it.  Not everything can be silver spooned.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Smoosh.2718 said:

Tbh, being poor in game is a choice. Earning gold happens by doing content, saving and aiming towards goals, bit by bit. As they say, 'Rome was not built in a day' which can also be applied to rich players, most earnt what they have through working towards it, bit by bit.

If you want to save space and easily swap gear between classes of the same weight, work for it.  Not everything can be silver spooned.

To double down on this;

Login rewards are worth a ton.

+20 mystic coins
+35 laurels (Spent on t5/t6 material bags)
+10 tomes (Spirit shards)

Daily
2g + whatever the rewards are (~20s to 2g)

In a month (28 days) of just playing you can get

56 raw gold from dailies
+20 mystic coins (~45g value)
+35 laurels (~30s each or ~10g value)
+10  tomes (10 spirit shards at 20s each =  2g value)

So in 28 days you gain 113g excluding anything else the player does.  In roughly 10 months a player will be able to build their own legendary from scratch.  The game has been out for 9 years now.  If a player stuck to this rigid schedule since the release of dailies and such, they'd have at least 7 legendary items by now.

Loving the "this game doesn't like poor/casual players" mindset so far

Keep arguing pls! While a poor casual like myself finish the flameseeker then sell it for gold 🙂

Edit: And a reply to @LSD.4673 wonderful message

No "bud" if anything it solidify my position to call this post's bull, OP seem to think legendary armory is only for the richest yet i was able to get a full legednary armor set and weapons by just PLAYING, can you imagine that? Didn't have to pay real money to get them!

Edited by Ultramex.1506
  • Like 4

13 hours ago, Mungrul.9358 said:

Let's play this another (equally obnoxious) way then.

So I earn a fair chunk of cash in the real world doing  real work. This means I haven't really got time to waste working in a game, so I'm prepared to pay real money to buy Legendaries. Let me buy my way through the legendary armory with real money.

You can do that. It is within this games system and design currently. Has been since GW1.

Anet have stated in the past that they are okay with content services like dungeons or raids, if funding is kept within the game.

That's what people usually do who pay raid sellers for runs, or who buy T1 legendary weapons en mass off the TP.

Surely that has more value to ANet than some nerds with more free time than money who take up server resources 24/7.

Those players who take up sever resources make this game not seem abandoned.

They are also the ones who potentially convert gold to gems, which you are interested in so that the gem to gold ratio remains favorable.

I can't see anything wrong with that. After all, it's already been established by the people who are against giving the ability to swap stats to all that it's not like this would give me any more in-game power than any other player, so it's not pay-to-win.

It's not, and you are welcome to do so.

In fact please do, get that credit card out and start converting gems to gold. It would both support Arenanet as well as allow less financially flushed players to acquire gems with in game gold while yout get your stat selectable gear. It's a win for everyone.

Or are you saying that fantasy work in a game world has more value than actual work in the real world?

The value the communtiy gives it is manifested in the price of the conversion. Depending on your income or potential income, this question would be answered differently.

• Like 6

Well, as a GW1 veteran and one that has 100% legendary on one charakter: I support this.

Not for exotic gear but raser acended. Once a stat is unlocked, why not?

The need for stat swapping (due to rel. complex balance patches) was one of the greatest things GW1 did.
Took me 9 year to get that in GW2 - well, still missing the balance patches 😉

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

22 minutes ago, Mungrul.9358 said:

Except you can't, can you?

You can only buy weapons.

Armours and trinkets are off the table.

I would love it if they made them tradeable so raid-slaves could do the hard work so I wouldn't have to.

Again, not true. You can pay "raid slaves" for the clears.

Last I checked, it was around 1.2k or 1.3k dollars (purchased gems, converted to gold and again converted to Mystic Coins) the multiple full clears required.

If you got the cash, go for it. As mentioned, as long as you use in game currency, the developers have stated that they are not opposed to these kind of services, yet.

Similar to dungeon runs which were sold in the past. Or taxi services in GW1.

Edited by Cyninja.2954

12 hours ago, Mungrul.9358 said:

Hah, keep telling yourself that. At the end of the day, ANet don't make money off you grinding away. In fact, they lose it, because you're taking up compute cycles without paying them for the use.

If they let me buy Legendaries, that'd be actual, y'know, real world money that they could use to pay their staff and buy new equipment.

lol, the confirmation bias is strong with you. You even make up your arguments so it suits your personal agenda.

Let me ask you this: Why, if what you say is true, have Anet not already done this? I'll tell you, because while you're grinding away it increases your time where you can buy stuff from the Gem store. I mean, why else would they have daily sales?

MMOs need two things to make money: revenue and population. The population they need so that people have a game that is fun to play. You know, people to do stuff with and show off your latest cosmetics to. Very few people enjoy empty servers and not in the least Anet because that means they have fewer sales opportunities.

In fact the first generation of legy's are for sale via the TP, so feel free to buy them with gold that you get with gems. But why then did the make the rest of the legy stuff account bound? Do you really think they would cut themselves in the wallet? Well, it's because they know that there aren't that many people that can afford 150 dollars/euros per legy and they are aware of the other negative side effects.

So either you're wrong or you're saying that Anet are clueless about how to make money. I lean towards the first option.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Mungrul.9358 said:

Yeah, you're still avoiding the uncomfortable truth that this still takes time. As pointed out, I do actual work, and my leisure time is limited. I don't want to spend it waiting to have fun.

So ANet, make legendary armours and trinkets tradeable so other people can do the hard "work (lol)" for me.

And add an exclusive set to your store that can't be bought with gems just so I can lord it over all the pooron raiders who can't afford to spend real money.

There is nothing uncomfortable about it. If you're so limited in time then perhaps you shouldn't be playing MMOs. Perhaps that's the uncomfortable truth that you're avoiding.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Mungrul.9358 said:

Yeah, you're still avoiding the uncomfortable truth that this still takes time. As pointed out, I do actual work, and my leisure time is limited. I don't want to spend it waiting to have fun.

So ANet, make legendary armours and trinkets tradeable so other people can do the hard "work (lol)" for me.

And add an exclusive set to your store that can't be bought with gems just so I can lord it over all the pooron raiders who can't afford to spend real money.

Edit: that was in response to Cyninja, but hey, it'll probably trigger Gahenna too, so I'll just leave it here 🙂

Hey, I am simply offering you solutions to your dilema. You offerend to spend the big bucks, and those will get you far here.

I could care less about you getting your legendary armor or not. 🤷‍♂️

Edited by Cyninja.2954
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Mungrul.9358 said:

You don't need to "wait to have fun", you can keep playing with exotics or ascended gear. That's not a problem.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

6 minutes ago, Mungrul.9358 said:

Apart from the time I'd have to spend being taxied as recommended above...

You don't need to get "taxied" to/through anything. You can just keep having fun you claim you want to have.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

8 hours ago, Sir Alymer.3406 said:

To double down on this;

Login rewards are worth a ton.

+20 mystic coins
+35 laurels (Spent on t5/t6 material bags)
+10 tomes (Spirit shards)

Daily
2g + whatever the rewards are (~20s to 2g)

In a month (28 days) of just playing you can get

56 raw gold from dailies
+20 mystic coins (~45g value)
+35 laurels (~30s each or ~10g value)
+10  tomes (10 spirit shards at 20s each =  2g value)

So in 28 days you gain 113g excluding anything else the player does.  In roughly 10 months a player will be able to build their own legendary from scratch.  The game has been out for 9 years now.  If a player stuck to this rigid schedule since the release of dailies and such, they'd have at least 7 legendary items by now.

To add to that theres a few events a player should do daily if needing money and they are: Tequatl and Dragonstorm.

Neither take more than 30 minutes and give 2g each, So an extra 120g(not counting loot) a month if done daily.

2 minutes ago, Sobx.1758 said:

You don't need to get "taxied" to/through anything. You can just keep having fun you claim you want to have.

Except many people, as has been pointed out many times before, don't enjoy raids. I don't have the requisite lack of imagination to extract fun from repeating the same content over and over for 22 weeks.

• Confused 6

2 minutes ago, Mungrul.9358 said:

Except many people, as has been pointed out many times before, don't enjoy raids. I don't have the requisite lack of imagination to extract fun from repeating the same content over and over for 22 weeks.

Except maybe read what I wrote there:

You don't need to "wait to have fun", you can keep playing with exotics or ascended gear. That's not a problem.

What you're respoding with here has nothing to do with what I wrote. You don't need raids to keep playing with exotic/ascended gear. You can keep having fun you claim you want to have.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

On 8/18/2021 at 6:14 AM, jhnsmth.2641 said:

This game should support all players, not just the rich ones.

Anet should introduce exotic armory where we could select stats like the legendary armory except the exotic stats

which are somewhat weaker.

The unlock mechanism could be acquiring (account bound) exotic items.

In this way this game would be more accessible like the Guild Wars 1 was.

Considering exotic gear is gotten rather cheaply anyways, the premise of your suggestion doesn't make sense. 

Edited by Obtena.7952
  • Like 2

13 minutes ago, Sobx.1758 said:

Except maybe read what I wrote there:

What you're respoding with here has nothing to do with what I wrote. You don't need raids to keep playing with exotic/ascended gear. You can keep having fun you claim you want to have.

Except maybe you should read the other posts I've made in this thread, where I have been approaching the conversation from the point of either:

A: Making stat swapping available to everyone (what I actually think).

or

B: Making Legendaries tradable or available for direct purchase from ANet (which I don't actually agree with).

The second I've played as obnoxiously as I could in order to hold a mirror up to raiders and elitists to show them how it looks when someone tells you you don't deserve quality of life improvements.

In response, people have suggested I pay to be carried through raids, which is time "playing" that I wouldn't be enjoying.

• Confused 4

4 minutes ago, Mungrul.9358 said:

Except maybe you should read the other posts I've made in this thread, where I have been approaching the conversation from the point of either:

or

B: Making Legendaries tradable or available for direct purchase from ANet (which I don't actually agree with).

The second I've played as obnoxiously as I could in order to hold a mirror up to raiders and elitists to show them how it looks when someone tells you you don't deserve quality of life improvements.

In response, people have suggested I pay to be carried through raids, which is time "playing" that I wouldn't be enjoying.

No worries, I did read those posts. But I'm responding to what I've quoted and "those other posts" have nothing to do with it.

This point still remains true:

You don't need to "wait to have fun", you can keep playing with exotic or ascended gear. That's not a problem.

You don't need legendary gear for anything in order to "have fun" here.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

I thought you advocated this for the purpose of testing builds with different stats?  If so, this can easily be done with the existing exotics since ascended/legendary only adds 5%.  And, exotics are easily obtained for a very low cost.  An "armory" for exotics isn't needed and would be a waste of development resources in my opinion.  To me, your proposal is a solution searching for a problem.

• Like 4

On 8/18/2021 at 3:45 PM, kharmin.7683 said:

Perhaps, but for a game with the progression model that GW2 has, there needs to be something to keep players logging in and playing.  Legendary gear is one of the more major reasons, at least in my estimation. 

The thin is, its not everytime cheaper to make Exotic gear. 

Some stat combos are overly expensive as exotic if you have to craft them. I remember once I equipped a WVW char for 150g in exotic simply because I didn't pay attention to how the gold added up. I learned from that and went with  asc in such cases.

Whereby I do not want to say that we should get stat swap on exotic or asc, that is ridiculous in my eyes.

Edited by Fuchslein.8639

10 minutes ago, kharmin.7683 said:

I thought you advocated this for the purpose of testing builds with different stats?

I do!

But there may be potential stat breakpoints you won't reach with exotics, and while you say it's minor, there is still a cost associated with buying exotics, especially so for some stat combos such as Celestial.

Let alone which, there's the backpiece situation, which still hasn't been adequately resolved.

Essentially, the Exotic tier of gear still feels unfinished (can I say "Exotic Aqua Breather?").

Heck, I'd even be a mite happier if they removed the stupidity of soulbound equipment from the game. I know they can do it, as Elite spec exotics are account bound rather than soulbound.

And this is where you start seeing the same behaviours that prompted ANet to develop the Legendary Armory in the first place; players spending time transferring gear between characters. It's an artificial barrier that simply shouldn't exist.

Edited by Mungrul.9358
  • Confused 3

[..]

Let alone which, there's the backpiece situation, which still hasn't been adequately resolved.

[..]

What is not resolved? There are countless maps where you ged asc Backpieces for an aplle and an egg oO.

With one of them from the bloodthing, you can even swap the stats.

Edited by Fuchslein.8639