Exotic armory

4 hours ago, Aphandra.9672 said:

I agree and for me this is the main point.

I'm hypercasual but even for me it wasn't a problem to kit my main in exotics at 1 gold apiece. Just a few completed dailies. Any premium on top of that price is just the skin (I guess). Cheaper than crafting.

I don't know whether there is a market for exotics beside equipping, but reducing demand may need reducing the supply as well.

If I'm not alone using exotics even for LS2 (Dry Top, Silverwastes) then slowing the process down could clumsify accessing this content. New players would have to wait for a few cycles (months) of daily logins, or rely entirely on gold.

There is some variation in the price of exotics purchased for stats, with popular combinations being more expensive but even the most popular are relatively cheap. All of the more expensive ones are priced higher because of the skin or because they're needed for collections or (in some cases) because they're precursors to legendary weapons.

Also you're definitely not alone in using exotics for LS2 and other level 80 content. I think a lot of people stop at exotics, or maybe exotic weapons and armour with ascended trinkets from the laurel vendor because those are easy to get. It's all you really need unless you're doing high level Fractals or serious raiding (and if you're doing either of those you'll also get more ascended items, so it's easier to upgrade.

• Thanks 2

30 minutes ago, Danikat.8537 said:

Also you're definitely not alone in using exotics for LS2 and other level 80 content. I think a lot of people stop at exotics, or maybe exotic weapons and armour with ascended trinkets from the laurel vendor because those are easy to get. It's all you really need unless you're doing high level Fractals or serious raiding (and if you're doing either of those you'll also get more ascended items, so it's easier to upgrade.

Exactly so.  I have ascended weapons and trinkets on my main.  No ascended armor at all.  I'm more than capable of completing level 80 content with the rest of the gear being exotic.  Heck, my other 10 toons may only have ascended trinkets because I have nothing else that I want to spend my laurels on.

11 minutes ago, Linken.6345 said:

Oh if you think it would not be very specific open world content you are deluding yourself bud.

Well, if you think devs would be incapable of doing it right, then there's indeed no point to the discussion. I'd like to point out, however, that WvW set does not require doing any specific WvW content.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Sir Alymer.3406 said:

Remember Wayfarer's Henge?  So many complaints about that being a requirement for Aurora were had when Aurora came out.

So many of us skipped it cause we had backpacks xD

Still, not something to complain about imo. The worst one is that stupid golem backpack. Drek.

Serious questions.

What are the easiest to obtain stat selectable exotic items? For example, WvW can give you a free stat selectable exotic every week, but for many that's a pretty tedious option and it's just armor.

What about stat selectable exotic trinkets, to make the rather useless jeweler useful? Or do you think ascended trinkets make this moot? Should it be fair that only Bloodstone Fen gets changable ones? (I guess the mist ones kinda count but only if you pvp atm)

Or what about the ability to craft stat selectable exotic weapons/armor? Incidentally crafting exotics in general is a poor idea as it is not economical in most cases (named weapons/armor)

You know those "flexible" mid-level weapons that most of us usually throw away? Like that sorta.

Or those odd jewelcrafter backpacks that were like an "in-between" exotics and ascended, sort of like a exotic+

Edited by ArchonWing.9480

39 minutes ago, Sir Alymer.3406 said:

Remember Wayfarer's Henge?  So many complaints about that being a requirement for Aurora were had when Aurora came out.

A lot of people are now in Draconis Mons again to get Aurora ever since the legendary armory came out. And they're complaining about it again. I'm not so sure what the problem is though. Sure, some of it is time gated but it's pretty easy all in all.

48 minutes ago, Harubpunbaru.3260 said:

We've come to this point, so let's asked for Fine,Masterwork,Rare Armory as well.....

I want a common armory 😛

I mean i know its not popular, but they could just allow stat swapping for everything and call it a day, on the otherhand what we have now is perfectly fine and i dont see a reason to change it unless anet decides to do it out of their own free/goodwill.

2 hours ago, ArchonWing.9480 said:

Or what about the ability to craft stat selectable exotic weapons/armor? Incidentally crafting exotics in general is a poor idea as it is not economical in most cases (named weapons/armor)

During the Mad King event (late October( You can get recipes for crafting stat-selectable exotic armor of each weight class.

The materials required are the halloween materials.  The Lab farm is enough to get you a skritt-ton of these materials.  I highly advise you to set up buy orders for them at the mid to end of the festival to get stockpiles of the materials cheap. 

These materials are most expensive right before and at the start of the festival.  They drop towards the end and are mostly static throughout the year.  

You can now eaily craft any stat combination you desire for any character. 

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
On 8/18/2021 at 12:42 PM, TwoGhosts.6790 said:

Rich players are not rich by accident, you know.

Most have spent their time and resources wisely and gradually in the accumulation of end-game items like legendary equipment.

And all of them have lived through the period of exotic items, and then ascended items, en route to their end-game.

It's how the game is played.

It is also one of the least grindy, easiest to progress MMOs I have ever played.

Yes if you dedicate your time you should be rich, I agree.

I think casual players never will be able to reach any meaningful percentage of legendary armory usable for them though.

The game is bloated with too many different gear items (stat combos), so the "exotic" armory would be essential to ease that pain.

I think legendary gear is essential because it is the very definition of quality of life in this game.

I think legendary gear should have only one advantage: its visuals.

I think collecting exotic gear (stat combos) for the exotic armory could fill the gaps of missing pieces  in legendary armory.

Almost all players could benefit from it, so why not?

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 4

You necroed your own thread in which you left a total of three posts, including the initial one. None of those include, in my opinion, a coherent argument in favour of the idea of an "Exotic Armoury". The very first sentence should be a clue about the mindset this thread was created in and it doesn't feel like it was for the benefit of the idea itself.

Still, just to stay "on topic", an exotic armoury has no real place in the game. It is, as the post above mine says, extremely easy to acquire exotic gear, even for the super-casual players. Considering trinkets, sometimes it is even easier to go straight for the ascended.

No, I think this thread has run its course, already.

• Thanks 2
  • Confused 1