What was the 2 week break between returning living world seasons for?

You didn't bring the Festival of the 4 Winds, which is usually in August. So what was the break, with nothing happening, for? You can play the beta-specs in every content, so that's no excuse. Now it, yet again, looks like you want to drag this whole 'seasons of the dragons'-thing out as long as possible.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 9
  • Sad 2

10 minutes ago, DeanBB.4268 said:

Except if you played the "season repeat" on a beta character, you would gain nothing, since that is a copy of the account and gets erased. 

I'd have to say the beta is reason enough.

They clearly communicated the downsides of beta-chars. If you want progress for your char, play with a regular one. No problem there

• Like 2
  • Confused 7
  • Sad 1

Mostly to give people time to catch up, take a breather if needed, do other stuff...it's an intermission in a long story.  Also, to give people a sec to try the new specs for beta.  Festival will probably overlap, as did Dragon Bash.  Personally I like the two week pause, gives me time to not feel like I have to be doing something, do some of the achievements I skipped just to get done, and also to work on other projects in game.  I don't find it stretching it out unnecessarily.

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

I imagine they don't want people to feel like they lose out for not participating in the opening week of a Return event or losing out on testing the beta elite specializations.

These two things are mutually exclusive, you can't do both at the same time.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

Lets also point out that these beta tests are no small amount of code that they are introducing to the game so loading in all of the festival code on top of it could add more factors that might have bad interplay with the beta code.  In short, they are trying to stress test the elite specs, while letting players focus on that and not the festival stuff at the same time.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

14 hours ago, Trigarta.3841 said:

They clearly communicated the downsides of beta-chars. If you want progress for your char, play with a regular one. No problem there

Obviously is problem, you don't want to make players feel like they're missing out between two time gated events.

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

15 hours ago, Trigarta.3841 said:

The problem is people don't have infinite time to play GW2, so if two limited-time things are running at the same time they'll have to choose between them and miss out on one, or spend less time than they'd like on both. Sometimes choices like that are unavoidable but if Anet are able to schedule it so things don't overlap it makes sense to do so.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1