Is anyone else upset that mounts no longer drain heat to 0?

Sagecore.2678

With the latest update, we're able to mount while in holoforge (yay) but they also made it so that heat doesn't reset to 0. 

Engineer being the least popular class, I don't expect this to get much attention, but is anybody else upset by this change? After 4 years, why implement this now? I can't tell if this was intended as a buff or nerf but it's very annoying in the open world.

What do the rest of you guys think? Do you like this change? Dislike it? Think it does or doesn't make sense? 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

Idk despend, in raids wher you needed jump with mount to be faster on plarform it killed your 75% pre-heat opening so its racher good change.

Its bad change for drms and open word tho, as you was benefiting from reset combat but in same time scrapper is much better for open word and cm drms 

So until your masohist that play as holo in open word its good change same for wvw as you can jump of mount and instantly burst someone

Edited by Noah Salazar.5430
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

24 minutes ago, Noah Salazar.5430 said:

Idk despend, in raids wher you needed jump with mount to be faster on plarform it killed your 75% pre-heat opening so its racher good change.

Its bad change for drms and open word tho, as you was benefiting from reset combat but in same time scrapper is much better for open word and cm drms 

So until your masohist that play as holo in open word its good change same for wvw as you can jump of mount and instantly burst someone

This is exactly what I was thinking. I guess I'm part of the masochists that play holo in open world but it feels bad to not have heat reset. 

As you said, it's certainly a buff in situations with harder mobs and encounters where you want to retain your heat.

Do you think they intended this as a buff or nerf?

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Sagecore.2678 said:

This is exactly what I was thinking. I guess I'm part of the masochists that play holo in open world but it feels bad to not have heat reset. 

As you said, it's certainly a buff in situations with harder mobs and encounters where you want to retain your heat.

Do you think they intended this as a buff or nerf?

Buff 

You can start with heat terapy instantly after dismounting that mostly will help you in hot pof maps to tank some dmg vs harder mobs

I also recomend for you open word quickness scrapper it will get buff on quickness uptime soon by converting your 10% pover to concetration on kinetic accelerators

here is build i run

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PeQAIlRwcYQsGWJO8LvtWA-zRQYRo3loggUGhlABWAqNL8fGB-e  

here is exotic version :

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PeQAIlRwcYQsGWJO8LvtWA-zRQYRieXUEEFQhwFHWCEYBo2sQ5ZE-e

full berserker, only hammer+leggins solider (so your taking -25% to -30% less dmg)

perm 25might, perm fury, perm quickness(3s per superspeed), long regen from supply drop, and 5%dmg from swifness on runes of pack and also 45%+20%(fury)+15%hight caliber+10% bleeding= 90% crit chance

around 13-15k solo dps

Im able to solo pof bountys with it (expect of legendarys as solo im runing out off time ) 

build rotation : 11111111111111 sometims 2 for fury, 5 for quickness, gyro off cd xd

Edited by Noah Salazar.5430
  • Confused 2

21 hours ago, Noah Salazar.5430 said:

This.

I was so used to having my heat level reset after dismounting that its so weird that I immediately explode after corona burst.

On the bright side, Music/Food holo which I much despise no longer exists.

19 hours ago, Dark Red Killian.3946 said:

The real problem they should have addressed was being able to pick up items while in holo mode. Allowing disengagement when you pick up an item. It sucks doing Solid Ocean and every time I enter holo mode I get targeted with no way to grab a shield.

Also this, although I feel like it would cause problems since items picked off the ground are basically boundles like the kits, idk. Engies and kits are already buggy when it comes to bundles you can pick on lws maps.

My biggest problem with not being able to pick crystals up in deep stone while in photon forge is that we're missing out damage to end the fight faster, you can simply dodge or AED jade maw's laser.

Edited by Wolfb.7025

This change feels unnecessary and only seems to add extra complications to heat management and mounting. I mostly play my holosmith in World vs World and I do not care if I start the fight at 0% heat. So far thanks to this change I overheat way more now and I'm having less fun, this doesn't feel like something they should have changed, I think it would have been better if they had left it like it was

• Like 4

On 8/18/2021 at 6:48 PM, Dark Red Killian.3946 said:

The real problem they should have addressed was being able to pick up items while in holo mode. Allowing disengagement when you pick up an item. It sucks doing Solid Ocean and every time I enter holo mode I get targeted with no way to grab a shield.

This x1000

I encountered another issue with this.

1.- Your heat level doesn't go down while you're mounted even if you don't have the Photonic Blasting Module trait on. If for example you mount up at 125/150 Heat, you're gonna be at 125 heat when you dismount no matter how much time you spent mounting.

2.- When using Photonic Blasting Module, mounting up, transforming or etc "resets" your overheat status and sets your heat level as how much you had before mounting/transforming.

It has happened to me in Whisper of Jormag, lets say I explode and my heat lv is 95/100 in the process of cooling down, and then we 75%/25% phase and we get sent to fight our doppel. Then once I come back, my heat is at 95/100 and I can activate photon forge again, causing to explode almost immediately without even using all my burst.

Edited by Wolfb.7025