Scrapper tank in raids?

MrWagner.8964

Hi everyone!

So I know chrono tank cannot really be outclassed by others because of the boon share utility. But since I love my engineer I would still like to try tanking with him. Do you guys use scrapper tank in your raid groups and if you do, could you share the build and you experiences with it? I'm not really worried about being "meta", because I have a 5 man group to raid with (we fill the other 5 spots from lfg or map chat), so I'm not afraid of being kicked out of the group, but I would still like to be useful to the group and not waste the time of my friends and the time of the people who join us from lfg.

Any help appreciated!!!

• 4 weeks later...

Ive done it as a power scrapper dps, with a power boon mesmer or maybe quickbrand, and a alac the boon should be fine. The hammer got the needed tools, on golem as full power my average dps is 30k ish, with 1400 toughness it drops by about 2.5k, since you generate barrier from dps and with the tools you have, you can pretty much tank without healer, while bringing high dps and superspeed, depending on your tools since engi has so much varieties.