Tips to get help for acquiring guild hall

Gerick.8716

A friend and I started a guild in the Darkhaven Server and paid for the expedition for the guild hall in Verdant Brink. I realize its not easy to get it without a group (our members dont go often as before) so im wondering if its possible to look for help from others online. I've tried the LFG tool but no takers sadly. Is there anything I could do to muster up a reasonable group to finally get our guild hall once and for all? Any tips would be appreciated.

I don't have recipe how to make people to help you, but I can tell you how my friend and I acquiried GH.I have already been in a guild, kind of liberal, with no need to represent, no rules etc; group of lone wolves. And I simply asked them if they would help me with this expedition. Two guys which I have been playing with mostly, said they will go.So if you want this guild to be for you and your friend only, try help other people first and then ask for help in return.But if you want this guild to grow I would higly reccomend to find people first, and then go for GH.We created our guild weeks before GH as incubator for newbies. It took us some time to help these sometimes 100AP players to gain gear, knowledge about game, skill etc. but few of them were finally able to go with us.

Finally there was me, my friend, two 'lone wolves' and four 'former newbies'. And we succeded.

Ask for help in map chat, but be conscious of the map meta. Also try asking in LA...after halloween is over. 5 good players can do it - we took Guilded Hollow in AB with just five, and I've successfully helped 2 guilds get Windswept Haven in Vabbi with groups of 4 and 5 respectively. Every time we have tried it with 8 or 9 people, though, we've failed.

@Skobel.6920 said:

@"Kaltyn of Torbins Deep.2946" said:(...)Every time we have tried it with 8 or 9 people, though, we've failed.

I'm not 100% sure but it seem to raise difficulty level if you bring more people. I'd say 6-7 should be safe option.

It DOES scale up with more players. I don't know if it starts scaling up at 6 or 8, but my experience has been that every time I've tried to cap a GH with 8 or more players, it fails. I've succeeded twice with groups of 5, once with a group of 4, and failed multiple times with groups of 8-13.

I'm in pretty much the exact same situation, except trying for Windswept Haven. We've tried LFG and Vabbi map chat a couple of times with no luck.

My tip would be to echo what's been said already and find a time when there are no meta events, HP trains, ect .. running. I'm pretty sure the bounty trains going in Vabbi when we tried caused the lack of volunteers. Also I know that a group of six can easily handle a Windswept Haven claim.

Depending on when you're online I can offer myself (and maybe my guildy) to help you out. I'm EST time zone but play at slightly odd times, late morning/early afternoon. If that works for you drop me a mail/whisper in game.

Archived