Missing gear options.

tigirius.9014

• 3 weeks later...

@tigirius.9014 said:I take this back. Spearmarshal was what I was looking for though I have to say it's oddly hard to get the whole set of recipes so make my own! I have 4 healers in all of my toons and they all need this set!

healing (and tanking) gear is tough to get because it is redundant and mostly useless outside the realm of group instances. There is no situation in the open world where playing "healer" or "tank" is more useful to a group or event mob than bringing another DPS build. Group mechanics and roles are not a design goal of the open world or solo story instance content, these are the primary focus of GW2.

The theory is if you need tanking or healing gear, you need it to benefit a group, so a group can help you obtain it.

@PopeUrban.2578 said:

@tigirius.9014 said:I take this back. Spearmarshal was what I was looking for though I have to say it's oddly hard to get the whole set of recipes so make my own! I have 4 healers in all of my toons and they all need this set!

healing (and tanking) gear is tough to get because it is redundant and mostly useless outside the realm of group instances. There is no situation in the open world where playing "healer" or "tank" is more useful to a group or event mob than bringing another DPS build. Group mechanics and roles are not a design goal of the open world or solo story instance content, these are the primary focus of GW2.

The theory is if you need tanking or healing gear, you need it to benefit a group, so a group can help you obtain it.

This is the best explaining of it. Very Helpful.

@PopeUrban.2578 said:

Open world events aren't solo so this argument is really silly. I use healing in large events such as those involving dragons to prevent people around me who are glasscanon from dropping like flies when they are sneezed on. It works well. Tanking is also very useful to protect others around me from Champion attacks and keeping them from knocking me down or stunning me while I keep their attention on me.

Making it seem like the whole open world game is a solo experience means you really live a lonely online experience.

Archived