How does this happen? "Item is purchased but not enabled on your account. Please contact support."

My friend bought the Living Story Season 03 Complete Pack, and all of the items unlocked except for chapter 4. The Head of the Snake.How does this happen? Is there something I can avoid so something like this may not happen in the future?

For the curious: The episode still has not been fixed on the backend by ArenaNet but she did already submit a ticket weeks ago - I assume the queue is huge.

There are three ways to get Living Story installments:

1. Login when they are released so you get the episode/chapter for free (This is probably the best way to avoid strange bugs as this)
  2. Buy them individually (say you logged in for some of the episodes, but not all)
  3. Buy the complete package at the end (if you missed everything entirely)

As to how it might have happened, it possibly could be because when it was purchased in respect to the current living story or current patch (i.e. was the Path of Fire announcement just released, PoF beta stuff going on, etc.). There's no easy way to tell what triggered the bug as another player, but it is definitely a bug with a very interesting error message.

Unfortunately, the Support queue is large given Path of Fire and other Gem Store updates. Update the ticket instead of creating new ones.

Maybe this thread can put further awareness into the issue. They are working to getting tickets resolved!

I'd assume if the ticket is weeks old--it probably is toward the top at this point. Hopefully, it gets answered soon if your friend doesn't want to miss that part of the story!

Archived