Build Help Please :)

Treetoptrickster.4205

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vVAQRAne7fnkICFBjNCDeDBkCjlBCbvhORzoWBgq1a66a9BqAA-jRSBABA8EAa+kAsi+hoUe4/+DNpEjBzfUoE0H1fAA-e

Hey Guardian Forum, I'm Treetop. I mostly hail from the mesmer forum but may have been converted to a guardian main because of the Firebrand so I want to know what could be lacking in my FB PvE build.

It's meant to be a general sort of set up. Plenty of damage ideally, and also a good amount of self sustainability and group support for when the situation arrives. The main focus though is dishing out good damage while keeping myself alive which is a solid place to build from.

With the axe's auto's high dps I figured I'd try abusing Litany of Wrath what with being able to pop it for a chunk of healing thanks to Monk's Focus double proccing on top of the base heal thanks to Smiter's Boon. With Retaliation and Fury on heal, and Retaliation granting bonus damage and ferocity on top of a quick mantra of potence cast, I figured that I could be sustaining myself pretty well. I likely won't be having much trouble with conditions or CC either thanks to Smiter's Boon, Mantra of Lore, and Contemplation of Purity with the Elite mantra also granting a damage boost thanks to Retribution.

@Treetoptrickster.4205 said:http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vVAQRAne7fnkICFBjNCDeDBkCjlBCbvhORzoWBgq1a66a9BqAA-jRSBABA8EAa+kAsi+hoUe4/+DNpEjBzfUoE0H1fAA-e

Hey Guardian Forum, I'm Treetop. I mostly hail from the mesmer forum but may have been converted to a guardian main because of the Firebrand so I want to know what could be lacking in my FB PvE build.

It's meant to be a general sort of set up. Plenty of damage ideally, and also a good amount of self sustainability and group support for when the situation arrives. The main focus though is dishing out good damage while keeping myself alive which is a solid place to build from.

With the axe's auto's high dps I figured I'd try abusing Litany of Wrath what with being able to pop it for a chunk of healing thanks to Monk's Focus double proccing on top of the base heal thanks to Smiter's Boon. With Retaliation and Fury on heal, and Retaliation granting bonus damage and ferocity on top of a quick mantra of potence cast, I figured that I could be sustaining myself pretty well. I likely won't be having much trouble with conditions or CC either thanks to Smiter's Boon, Mantra of Lore, and Contemplation of Purity with the Elite mantra also granting a damage boost thanks to Retribution.

I run very similar build sometimes. You can improve it better then what you have now.

If you are hybrid power / condi or celestial, you should pick Inner Fire or right hand strength over healer's retribution. If you want more condi / burns, go for Right Hand Strength + Radiant Fire.

I wouldn't waste a master trait for meditations if I run only 1 meditation.

Try out the Virtues trait line instead of valor for your survivability / utility. Trait either for Indomitable Courage or Permmiating Wrath + Absolute Resolution. Ditch Mantra of Potence, put in Purging Flames and trait for consecrations in virtues. You will pick up a TON of DPS this way if you are burn focused, especially AOE.

Gear Wise, I see this a basic cheapy exotic condi set up, which is nice to try things out. But, change some of your clerics gear to carrion, you have a bit too much armor and not enough health for general gameplay. If you go WVW, you need a LOT more health. Change runes to Balthazar. You only have 1 damaging condi, and thats burn. Might as well focus on it and get more out of it. Runes for general condi builds are not that good on burn guard.

Dump the sigils of force and get the burn duration ones. Or the condi damage stacking on secondary weapon set, burn duration on primary. Your F1 tome and torch will become beast, especially if you make some of the above mentioned trait changes.

Archived