Broken Defiance

With the new Oasis fractal I've noticed that this is a spreading issue: More and more enemies with a defiance bar have unintended behavior.There are multiple types of this:

• Defiance Bypass: Most common type; Enemy has defiance and is immune to hard control, but can still be interrupted by any movement based CC, like push, pull or launch, which knocks down the target regardless of Defiance status (Locked, Drained or Open)Affected enemies:

Elite Sunspear Sandbinder in the Oasis FractalChampion Keep Lord Golem of the Earth Keep in Desert Borderlands (WvW)King Adelbern in Ascalonian Catacombs Story mode.

• Defiance removal: Enemy applies and removes defiance based on ceratin attacks; this can remove defiance from champions of this enemy type.Affected enemies:

Champion Icebrood Griffin in Bitterfrost Frontier (mostly during the Ice Storm event)

• Charged Defiance: During window time the enemy "charges" its defiance, making it breakable very easily by any CC effect, if applied quickly enough, effectively stunning itself; Only occurs, when the enemy can go though multiple Defiance windows.Affected enemies:

Champion Jade Armor and Champion Jade Bow in Bloodstone FenLegendary Cairn the Queenslayer in Lake DoricChampion Jade Constucts in Lake Doric

If anyone has more instances of bugs like this I encourage you to chime into this thread.Defiance bars are my No.1 favourite feature from HoT and I want them to work properly because they brought so much good to the game, so I'm happy to help bug hunting on them.

Cheers.

Archived