Please Fix Flaw, Game Exits during Critical Moments

There is a glitch in the targeting system of Guild Wars 2.

When playing the game, one uses the Left Ctrl and Left Alt keys for targeting.

The Left Alt key is used to display ally names in the worldThe Left Ctrl key is used to display enemy names in the world

There are many times when I am intentionally holding down the Left Alt key for targeting purposes, and when I press the Tab key during those times, the Alt+Tab sequence causes Guild Wars 2 to exit to the Windows desktop, which is very inconvenient during critical moment (ie. combat). My character has met its demise many times due to this issue.

The same holds true with the Windows key. It is located right next to the Left Ctrl and Left Alt keys on my keyboard, and I've lost track of the times I've accidentally press that key, and it will cause Guild Wars 2 to exit to the Windows desktop so that one can see the Start menu open up.

As such, I am requesting 2 options be added to the Game Options:

• Disable Alt+Tab
  • Disable Windows key

These 2 features are available in other games I play, and it's time to them to be added to Guild Wars 2 also. This is the only issue I have with Guild Wars 2 (well that, and having mounts and gliding available in home instances would be nice)

Some have suggested downloading 3rd party software to globally disable the Alt+Tab and Windows keys features, but this affects the ENTIRE operating system, and I use those keys during non-gaming work on my computer. Plus one can't always trust the integrity of 3rd party solutions.

Some have also suggested buying a special keyboard that has these options built into the button layouts. I don't have the desire to purchase a whole new keyboard to simply address this one issue.

Adding these options to Guild Wars 2 would greatly enhance my appreciation for the game. The lack of these options is the only reason I curse at Guild Wars 2 these days.

Otherwise, you guys have done a great job with Guild Wars 2!

Thank You for listening :)

I've been used to the name display and targeting mechanics ever since Guild Wars 1.

I don't think I could retrain myself after that much commitment to Guild Wars lol

These options are available in other games, it would be nice to see Guild Wars 2 have the same features.

Heck, they could do this to Guild Wars 1 also. Had the same issue back then.

Archived